• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Bearded Troll Lady / Gobbo Heroes / Bell Ringer

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Tanks ;) I'm on it. Right now I'm thinking about a solution for which model to take as corpsemaster, and how to design the front part. Ideas welcome :thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Been busy. This thing is so cool to work with. Thanks to GW for bringing us the chance to mold together all those bitz ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Now that the skull is finished, I will concentrate on the upper front part. But I don't really have an idea for especially that part. What there will be definitely is a magnetic spot for either a vampire asb (while using it as ct) or an altar-like thing. But atm my creativity is a little bit overused, so I don't come to a solution how and what exactly will be in the "ship's bow" ...any ideas and suggestions welcome!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
This is turning out really cool. I'm impressed by that skull, it is very nicely sculpted. I assume you've put more details to the lower jaw since the last pics?

Maybe a figurehead at the prow? A wailing woman or perhaps a skeleton? And are you gonna put a, in lack of better word, "keybord" on the platform?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks a lot .) Ye you're right, the jar has teeth meanwhile. The keyboard is indeed planned, but very hard to execute. I was hoping to get sometihing done like shown in the last pic, with bones as keys, but that is a time-eater and pain in the ass to sculpt I assume..But I will try it. A figurehead is a nice idea, I will have a look in the bitzbox. While I'm looking at the carrier ghost swarm, I can imagine a chain to the sides of the zd skull..Do you think this could work?
Thanks for the feedback, I will post another compilation pic in a few hours.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Here it is so far:

Luckily I found the spine part of the zd, it will be the base for the keyboard. A couple of those single bones from the ghoul box, and maybe one or two hands will complete it. I think the headfigure will be the old bat from the bat swarm model:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
After several interviews and selection processes, including that my general had to view lots of curricula ...uhm...vitae... hehehe... ok, stop it. An organist has been found! Yey.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
@Shadespyre thanks man! The colours are from the first and never finished attempt to paint the corpsemaster, and the blood looks really crappy..but after cleaning him, the colour theme with the beige cloak will dress him. I will add some runes, like those on the other ME "driver". Not sure which colours for the runes though...

@UndeadSi87 that's totally correct of course xD I hope to capture some of the goonies bone organ flair

I remember when they had some pretty cool studio pirate skelletons built. Been thinking of doing a pirates of the Caribbean theme for one of the older box sets, but working it in to the army theme is harder. Still..... Haven't scrapped it

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
yes that's one of the things I regret most. Never really had an overall theme for my army. My favorite execution of this is Archeans Circus of the night ://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/circus-of-the-night.15329/ An undead Circus was always a dream to have, and he made it in the perfect way. An undead pirate army would be great too, but like the circus, a lot of work and time to spend

Circus is a great build. It's one of those that once you start you need to trust it and just go. The Pirates date back to GWs full size man o war game. I've changed my theme three times over the years, but that's been a long time ago! Just restarted with a traditional von carlstien / von drake army but still, maybe a squad needs to be done.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Sooo, the ME ghost swarm is coming cloooosely to completion. There are a few spots here and there, but I think it's done to 90%.

Tomorrow the dragon skull upper jaw will get it's teeth.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Theerteen How's things cooking with this ME you're working on? Organ part like the iron throne.... It would be cool to see it done with spears & swords from the skeleton box. A flying VC iron throne :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Oh, now that you mention it, I should do an update. It will come tomorrow evening, I have to sleep now :tongue:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
So, that's where we are now:

The "priest" with the torch will stand in the ship's bow, holding a scroll in front of an open cage-chest-altar-thing, to represent the blasphemous...what's the correct english form?
I'll try to do some decorations with spears and skulls today, I shouldn't let the ME wait again for so long ;)

Please let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
@Farmer7574 yep, the whole thing is self made ;) it was my biggest project so far, and I'd do it otherwise next time, but now that's it's coming to an end, I really like it. Still I'm missing a coven throne yet ;)