• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Bearded Troll Lady / Gobbo Heroes / Bell Ringer

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
RE: Thirteen shades of black - WIP's everywhere! Run!

Wow, you surely kept yourself busy ;]

Nice idea with the giant. He looks a little wobbly on those legs and with such buff torso, but I understand why it's that ;) Maybe some armor made from.. for example chaos shield could buff-up his legs a little. Nevertheless, he looks very cool :)

And I also like the rest of your conversions - great stuff! Especially the skeleton centaur is an awesome idea! It could fit some fairy/wood elf kinda theme :)

And the hellsteed? I think I know this model - what model is this?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

Thanks :) the horse is from an old confrontation model, razheem the insane. Take a look at page 3 or 4 in my plog ;)

Wow, that giant is a great bit of inspiration. I love magnetizing stuff, and it looks like you magnetized the gut place, I'm just curious as to why? Whole thing looks awesome though!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

For paint reasons! :D ok atm im too drunk to give reasonable answers...the whole giant thing os for a friend, i had the legs of the giant left, and he geot the torso of the chaos soul...reaper..bla...thing (zhow the fuck is thing thing called?) left...som now he is playing wopc and wanted a giant :)

! Now lets go for some impressions of gmaing tonight!

and whoooo my wihght king asb wip°!

and from a good song:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijMI9_CI8W4[/video]

Whoo Korpiklaani, brilliant band, also liking the wight king, I always seem to have problems with banners and off balancing the models xD

I love the wight king, gotta love the metal halberd arms. Probably helps balance out the model too, eh?

Your game night looks like a lot of fun, and not just because of all the booze involved, hehe.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

Thanks guys, I loved the chaos warriors from first sight on, and so it was about time (even more cause I didn't have an unmounted wight king asb ;) ) to get this little proejct started :)

Now it's this phase of the hobby again when you realize that with 2 or 3 painting-flashs you could get your army done...so you panicky start projects far away from any good reason xD

So, here's my try on building a ME from scratch...Not much to see yet, I started yesterday ;)

The whole thing will eat time and (mainly) green stuff, but I think the start is made. Plus it's a good way to give (very) old and broken minis a new life ;)

And the other thing, just for fun: Incoming ghost rider! :D

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Scratch ME & Ghost Rider Bike

Now that's something clever with that ME - nice idea ;] (should someone have enough bits for that xD ) I'm curious to see how it'll look finished and how it'll look by a traditional ME ;]

Mioum

Crypt Horror

Just went through the whole log, nice work Theerteen! Lots of great models and conversions, and very cool free hand everywhere too!

Good luck with that scratch built ME, will be interesting to see the final result :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

So, to keep that thing running -> More stuff that's successfully distracting me from a) finishing my thesis, and b) finishing the vc army (finishing = paint what I have and don't buy more :zombie: ).

@Borg: I have so frigging much bits over, I'm very, VERY glad to bring them to good use xD
@Mioum: Thanks a lot, means much to me especially from you :)

To not disappoint you: Here is the more-bitzed-ME-ghost-swarm xD

And while I often have some green stuff left, I pimped the shields of my blood knights a bit (I have seen something very similar in a plog here, but I can't remember who's idea it was - if you read this, thank you :thumbsup: )

Next: A magnet experiment - Can a vampire be an ASB (at this point it's unimportant to me if a vamp on foot is a good choice for an ASB, I like the look ;) ) and a "normal" hero? He can! Ok I still need an idea what to put in his right hand alternatively...

And the last one for today: Nosferagheist! xD

I hadn't have legs left to build a complete Vargheist, but had the torso of a chaosspawn left...so things come together (with glue :tongue: ) in this way. The lower part of the tunic will be embellished later, and the weird heigh difference of shoulder and right arm is fixed already by a single green stuffed armour plate. I really curious how this special little vamp will turn out :idea: xD

So as always, let me know what you think, improvement tips, command and conquers, special wishes for bedtime, and so on :rofl2:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Carry on my wayward...engine

Nice projects! ;] The ME is coming up nicely and the new shield could be a nice touch - especially with those flat bretonnian shield - some nice freehands can go there ;) And also - I must say that this choice of a Vargheist is very interesting ^^ I wish to see it painted.

Kutslo

Skeleton

That ME looks cool - a very good use of old models! Look forward to seeing how this progresses :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

Thanks guys xD I think I will need tons of miliput/green stuff in the next time, but it's a fun project that doesn't have a finishing date...so it's cool to work an hour or so on it once per day / week, and don't waste it by having it finished as soon as possible ;)

Raven Torrid

Black Knight

Haha, that ME will be great, love the use of models from various armies. :D

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

Thanks Raven! Yesterday I was going to paint the first layers of my BK's shields, and recognized (while opening your pm for the scheme) that it was you who came up with the modelled wing on the shield! xD So again, thanks for the great input! ;)

Raven Torrid

Black Knight

Theerteen said:
Thanks Raven! Yesterday I was going to paint the first layers of my BK's shields, and recognized (while opening your pm for the scheme) that it was you who came up with the modelled wing on the shield! xD So again, thanks for the great input! ;)
Glad to have inspired you! =) They came out great (+those Blood Knights already look proper menacing), eagerly awaiting the finished product. :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood

Okeydokey, while some of my favorite plogs have been updated, there is no more excuse for me to wait longer ;)

The Chapel, posted in the dying to help section, brought me to the point that I have to build some terrain. The battle table we use is very empty at the moment, so here comes a first WIP of the upcoming tactical options:

For the size:

And while he is already shown above, here is my first fully completed necro (Kemmler doesn't count, he is way more than the usual Nehekist xD)

Posted this guy a while ago, but now he's ready to prime and get painted. Thanks to Borgnine, all doubts of finding a paintscheme are gone for Vargheists now ;)

And -hail to the slam- my finished Crypt Horrors (while I prefer Crypt Hulks, not only because of the colour ;) )

And we still can go bigger! I'm very proud of the bone colour, it's the best I ever did and I hate myself for not painting all of the boney areas at once :mad2:
Apart from this work on the TG goes good, Bullhax gave me good advice for the guts (which are not shown here, what I realised while writing that.. sorry mate :lol: )

Now for more personality in the rotting forces:
I think the size difference of the hands can be ignored, cause it forces me to laugh every time I imagine him doing something with both hands..the tiny one and the club xD

Next hero: Finished modelling work and primed the wight asb

Last hero: OLDHAMMER BABY! ;)

Shame on me, I have them ready for months now, and always forgot to pic them...I hope this won't strike down in worst dice results :grave:
Onward my black knights!

More cavalry: Reinforcements for the Hexies! Now that they are 10 strong, the really do their job slaying dark elves to the core!

Last two: First wave of paint for the Plaguebearers is done...like the bk's months ago, but unpostet...If you guys have ideas how to go forth on them, let me know! I'm stuck atm with the painting on them

The chaosgiant got his blade...size comparison by the gg ;)

I have to apologise for the pic quality, my mobile phone isn't the best thing for such detail pics...But I don't have anything better here atm.
Ok, that's it for now. Like always, I'd love to hear comments, criticism, fables, and so on :)

regards,
TT

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Whoa man! That's a lot of stuff! Good work!

The chapel is awesome. I think I'll try building something like that in the future, someday, when minis will be done... ;) The necroguy is very fine too - I only think that his face may be a little to clean, but that also be my own preference in painting/drawing with old necromancers being wrinkly and dirty, but good job everall. The nosferatu vargheist came out even better - the little details really added to the final effect. I want to see it finished. Also clever stuff on the CH - good usage of bits, unfortunately I cannot comment much on the painting, as its kinda blurry. Are the legs stripped of skin sculpted or is part of the model? Looks nice! xD And a pretty sweet terrorgheist you have there! Bones and guts really look good - and with those two colours dominating you have something really visceral there! I'd like to see it finished - kinda different than usual black and bone with a little of read meat. Och, and an old blood dragon as a bsb! I also have one, albeit different - they fit well for that role ;) I like the additions on the wight BSB and an old vampire also looks nice.

And those knights! Shame on you for not posting them earlier! xD Wondrous use of bretonnian and VC bits, great painting with cool heraldry and a colour scheme working great with the rest of them. Also that glowing green parts are sweet - shame the pic is so small. Och, and some strange armor for the ones on the skeleton horses - you really have crazy big collection of bits :thumbsup:

HW are cool with the inverted colours - bony clothes and green bones :D Nice ghostly effect on them - as it should be - instead of the style proposed by 'eavy metal team. As for the plaguebearers - you have the base colours down, that's a start ;] Now they could use some dirt on them - something sloppy, as to give them randomness and also make them look like an unit - right now they are differing too much for my personal tastes ;] And the big giant project with a giant blade, nice work.

And that's it I think. You've got a lot of work ;) Keep going!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Once more, thanks mate. Yeah, agreed, the CH pics are not really good. Fault goes on my mobile phone .D the legs you mean are from the old abysssal terror - the stegosaur-headded . It's Bad luck that the pics are so blurry, cause the blood effect turned out really cool :tongue: the armour of the bk's are the ones from the Kit, except the champion - that's a dark elves cold one rider ;) you should see the bitbox of my friend who sold me the orcs ...he got EVERYTHING to build a whole new army of mutants from every species in warhammer :tongue:

I really hope to get some things finished in the next time. I'm curious how painting orcs and gobbos will be ;)

It's taken me far too long to chirp up in your thread mate, but it's awesome! Just skimmed through it and it all just looks great! I love those Hexwraiths!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks Joex :) I really appreciate that from you! I think I said it more than one times, but I love all your stuff too :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Just a little mini update, mostly because of the many crypt ogres which appeared here in the last time ;)
My take on them:

Sorry for the awful pics..my mobile phone cam get worse with every day it seems:rolleyes:

Working on the command unit of the plaguebearers...At that point, can anyone tell me if demons have musicians or something similar? I don't have the new book...

And as I said on the first of this plog...All good things come from above ;) busy on them!

So, while it's near to 1 am here in Germany, good night guys 'n ghouls!