• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Bearded Troll Lady / Gobbo Heroes / Bell Ringer

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks mate :) Evil Dead is definitely one of the top 3 of my all-time fav movies, so it's quite fair to let it have some credit ;)

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Cool ogres! And you're using painted ones - now that's creative and necromantic re-use! So sustainable ;P Nice idea with using a tombstone as a gutplate - I didn't think of that :thumbsup: Also using the roped dead body from the CC is neat. Also, I see dark&red vargheists xD eager to see them.

And yes, normal ranked demons do have champions, musicians and stardard bearers ;]

Also - I saw you mentioning in an other thread that you got a dremel for a christmas present from parents - I found it funny because it's quite a specific circumstance and yet I got mine the same way xD Worked wonders ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks man :D the painted ogres..yeah...that's more the lazyness to remove the paint, cause I had the itch to start and didn't want to go for another simple green round :D The tombstone plate popped in my mind when I was unhappy with the look. They just looked to much like normal ogres, and for them alone that'd be ok, but in a unit of other CH it looks strange imho ;) The "corpse-whip" (mahahahaha) was born out of the lack of other possible weapons, but I'm really really happy I did it..I laugh every time I see it :D xD
Thanks for the demon info. So I have to think about something musician-like for a bunch of infested, rotting disease carriers. That should be fun! :cool:

For the Dremel - Our parents seem to know us ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
In the light of current events: Another maypole-sign :) bonuspoints for captioning game and character ;)

And, nothing warhammeric...but wish me luck for saturday ;) First time I ever do such stuff. If I'll lie crying and spitting blood on the floor after 5 minutes, that's ok for me xD
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIf9i1M7aC8[/video]

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Long overdue to comment here in your awesome plog. I will have to spend some time catching up since I last looked. Love the crazy crypt horror and various creative conversions :thumbsup:

Good luck in the run, looks like a lot of fun, if only I were in Germany I would give it a go. Maybe one day ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Now that I am back alive and as good as finished with my bachelor thesis, here are a few pics from what I did the last weeks, when I had time left for warhammer (which was rarely, because finishing the thesis...dude, that's a ridiculus amount of work...). Sooooo...

I'm working on a Bestigor unitfiller for a friend, got the idea while playing with a piece of fimo and didn't know what to do with it but forming a monolith... :D

I'm going to cover the pin that holds the corpse, it just easier for further work when I'm able to remove it but still place it in the same position as it was...

Then we have the sgk, who wants to show himself after Borgnine posted his cool one ;)

And, while I sat here yesterday at 1am, I thought "Now is the right time to get another step on the scratch me done!" - So I started filling the "cloudy" parts. Quite satisfied how it turned out, maybe the technique will alter with progress.

...My girlfriend gifted me another Lovecraft book, so again I'm into the whole myth...
My (unfinished) versions of Yog-Sothoth and Cthulhu

Yog-Sothoth

Cthulhu

So, I hope everyone had fun, leave me a comment if not so I can improve myself! xD

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Welcome back ;) I am also working on a masters degree and it's gnawing at me more and more :rolleyes: I understand you ;)

What is this fimo thing? Is it really useful for modelling?

Also, the Strigoi is sweet, I like the katana-ish sword xD The mortis engine is also coming up nicely, that thing must be heavy as hell with all the metal models..

It's nice to see some drawings :thumbsup: I think they could use some focal-point but maybe that's the point with these monsters xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
The metal isn't the problem, but all the modelling compound is what's making it friggin heavy :D I think it's about 300-400g already :lol:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
And just like that your not allowed to draw anymore... You scaring the kids again. ;)

Good work so far on the ghost cloud, any progress or are you still fleshing it out?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Hey guys, just poppin in to leave a life sign...or is it undead sign here? Due to my actual living situation I'm not able to be really active on the hobby or in the forum, but I hope the next time will bring some positive changings. How could it not with those kickass new undead stuff? ;) so in the very second in which I find a flat or room to rent, those mortarchs and Nagash himself are being ordered! :) I hope everyone of you guys have a good time so far :thumbsup:

Woah, that Mortis Engine -- I can't wait to see more progress on that. Definitely gave me some good ideas as I don't like the idea of using duplicates for models like that.

Good luck with finding a new place -- it can be such a drag, especially on hobby stuff. I tend to get my hobby area just where I like it right before I end up having to move.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
So. After months of "living" without internet, now I am back again. With time, money and, guess it, internet. As fast as I never had before. 100 mbit. I wanna make love to my internet. Now.

But instead, a very small update of things I worked on the last time.

ASB wight king. Still not sure what will be on the banner to frame the words "voco omnia corpora" (if anyone here is good in latin, let me know if there's something wrong with the grammar forms...Should be "Calling all corpses" (Wednesday 13 album/song, which I think fits very well on a vc standard)

My first try on the old DE witches, for a friend who asked for a flesh tone

Oldhammer necro (took me a minute to erase this ridiculous lion...skull...hair...thing :D )

I hope it will be more like one year ago from now on, so I can make updates from time to time and click through all of your great work, heavily missed other vampires :thumbsup:

Greez,
TT

Last edited:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Hey 13! Nice to have you back!

Nice return too. Love the BSB, plenty of 'eads xD
The checks at the edges is a great touch. You got anything planned for it other than that latin phrase? I think something yellow would look good on it, possibly a yellow moon/sun.

And I don't remember those old witches as being that sexy, must be the paintjob. Cool freehand on the cloth too.

Looking forward to more.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thank you very much *bow* The paintjobs for others always seem to be better than the ones one does for himself ;) I'll experiment with the other two witches I have here, very beautiful models. All but the hair..that is a pain. o_o

I think I'm coming to a solution for the banner. Drawing half the time I should be working and trying what looks good, I think it will be a gentle skelly. Planned for next week ;)

I'm really, really happy to be back and have more time now, so I might finish my vc army the next months, and take on the orc circus :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks a lot! It was fun to paint, and I like it more with every single detail. ...must be an old Khorne standard bearer ;)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
So there's a word for the perspective glitch you've got a little of, but I'm not an art student and my google-fu is weak tonight. The short of it is when you accidentally make perspective lines or the like interact in ways you didn't intend. The blade from the scythe looks a little like it's coming out of the top of his hat because it follows the curve of the blade in a way the brain doesn't see as contradictory. Minor criticism for an otherwise killer looking banner, mate. I wish I could get anywhere near those kinds of results.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Ye I know what you mean. That's one point I'm not happy with too, but I'm not sure how to solve it without erasing too much of the topper :rolleyes:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
That looks fantastic, great freehanding and great picture.

I can agree with Adam about the scythe’s blade looking like an extension to the hat. I think highlighting the hat a bit with grey around the edges could help, and adding a thin black line to where it meats the scythe.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
changed it a little bit

But I still have the feeling that something isn't complete or something is missing. More ideas guys?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Motivation struck. The scratch ME makes progress (and the organ part kinda looks like the iron throne xD)