• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester
RE: Warhammer 40k RP- would anybody be interested

im planning on playing an ex-gaurd colonel atm. one (noobish) thing i ask now is are we using a proper rpg system? on the bio's there are traits that remind me of wod, dark heresy and a few other rpg books y'see

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

Pretty mutch I will set up the setting and kind of cut you all loose to do your thing

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

It depends what you mean by a "proper" rpg system. This RP is going to work the same way the TVC. Basically you can create a unique character (s) that fit and work within the 40k universe. The posting is more like all of us writing a collective story that fits in with the overall plot, rather than each post/chapter being dictated or lead by a GM. If you look at the TVC, there is only 1 chapter which is lead by a GM (me) which is the latest one, but thats for something a bit fun a different.
Having the freedom (within certain boundaries of course) to be creative makes has made the TVC much more successful, something which I think Ghouly wants to happen here.

On that note, I would imagine if the weapon is on the northern pole, we are all just going to head towards then and end up in a huge war.

I would suggest that the northern pole, maybe the hemisphere has already being fully captured by the Necrons. There could be shields in place to prevent ships and make assaults difficult. that way it would make things a bit more difficult, a good ground for having to think and infiltrate as well as all out battles. Of course it doesn't mean the weapon has been found, just that the Necron's have secured the area whilst they are searching for it. What do others think?

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

awsome idea and just cuse I'me a pain the Planet is a Death World meaning every living thing on the planet is carnivorus and even some of the plants will try to eat you

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Cool, I can have some great MGS moments like out of MGS3 where Snake keeps on wondering if he can eat every animal he finds.

EDIT: can I just check - this isn't a full ice world is it? Just the northern pole where the weapon is frozen?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Just a quick note - if this proves successful enough, then it will warrant for its own subforum, same as the TVC, so everyone needs to post regularly to make it a success.

Now Ghouly - where's the opening chapter? I can't wait to start posting!

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George

Moirdivan is a death world almost entirely covered in dense jungle. Vegetation on Moirdivan reacts to attempts at colonisation and rapidly grows back whenever it is cleared. This forces the population of the planet to live a semi-nomadic existence, moving on whenever the jungle violently reclaims their land.

It is believed that all of Moirdivan's native fauna is carnivorous, as is much of the flora. Poisonous creatures are extremely common. The most well known of Moirdivan's native animals is the infamous Draugr, a voracious predator somewhat similar in appearance to an enormous Lizard. can be up to 80 paces long, but their bulk and lack of speed allow many creatures to simply avoid them. One of the most dangerous animals on the planet is the Moirdivan tree Rat , a seemingly innocuous-looking creature which discourages predators by exploding and spraying a highly lethal acidic toxin on anything nearby. The largest of the species, the Greater Moirdivan Tree Rat, is rumoured to be capable of annihilating everything within a half-kilometer radius upon detonation. The dangers in Moirdivan's jungles are not limited to the fauna; in many cases the plant life can be just as deadly. The Spiker, for example, is a plant capable of firing extremely sharp spikes into the bodies of its victims, which then emit a mutative chemical which eventually turns the unfortunate recipient into a raging bersereker. The Brain Leaf is an example of the more insidious dangers to be found on . The brain leaf has long, smooth tendrils, at the end of each of which is a single leaf. The plant can attach these leaves to living creatures, taking control of their nervous systems and using them as protection and, eventually, compost. Insects and diseases are every bit as dangerous as the larger monsters. Blood-wasps are swarming, carnivorous insects that will swarm over a man and eat him down to a skeleton in a matter of hours. Another subtle threat are Heretic-ants, highly venomous ants so named because they attack their victims from the feet - going for your soles

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester

name: Konstantinos Lenk

title: the right hon. Despot Lenk, grand autarch of mourd system, vice-regent of Him on Earth.
race: human

descrpition.

height: 5'11"
wheight: 15 st 1lb
build: well built

appearence.

below average height and powerfully built, with an augmetic left arm and right eye, and half a dozen scars
visible even when in formal attire, his preffered clothing now he is "civilian" tends to be black linen shirt
and cravat, with dark green trousers and black grox-hide boots, and a military cut formal jacket, also
dark green.

personality.

though his build naturally led to him being nicknamed "the auroch" when in the gaurd, Lenk is typically
a friendly enough and couteous man, and well liked enough by those who dont rub him the wrong way. there
are, however, several topics of conversation on which he will become dangerously quiet on, most prominent
being just how he got the scar that bisects his right eye. He is an occasional dabbler in philosophy,
rarely yet nevertheless straying into the tamer of the proscribed texts (such as those of renegade inquisitor
Plethon), and when taking into account some of his actions in recent past, is now under surveillance, but
is low priority to the sub-sector inquisitorius at this moment in time due to his stabilising effect in the
mourd system until present.

History.

Previously Colonel of the Mourdan 1st regiment, the Imperial Defence force (PDF) where he succsesfully commanded
the defence of Mourd Equatorus military base from an Eldar reaver incursion, and repelled a minor resurgance of orks
in Mourdivan's southern continent with only moderate loss of that regions productivity and population. 10 years
ago he began campainging to oust the previous administration of Mourdivan, claiming its ineptitude had made the recent
upsurge in unrest a necessity, and before the decadent lord govenor thought to remove the threat to his control, Lenk
had already began a popular revolt in the capital, and within 2 terran standard years had completely removed the previous
government and replaced it with his own. Productivity and quality of life for the population have since seen a small
and steady increase, with more efficient clearing and harvesting of the local flor, so that the system now seems
to comfortably reach its tithe allocation in resources, though it strangely remains under-populated, even considering the planet is classified planetium-mortis.

equipment.

carapace armour
artificier crafted hellpistol
secondary armament-stub pistol (concealed)
Power-Mace (possible trophy from confrontation with Xenos?)
Displacer Field

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Nice character Meier Lenk.

Well I've just posted my intro - sorry if its a bit too long...got carried away. However it is suitably MGS'ish for me, so I'm happy lol.

Meier Lenk

Black Knight
Aug 29, 2008
manchester

i noticed, i was hoping to get mine done before any other imperials got there, but i failed hehe. *head-desks slightly*

and i like the cigar of doom idea, getting shot trans-system in a tube is just what a grimdark otacon would make snake do XD

Dark Lord Nihilus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 8, 2008

Well, this is going to be interesting. me and my poor Necrons vs well everyone how.....delightful. The gods will surely be pleased with this harvest :P

cripple

Grave Guard
Jun 17, 2008
State of Washington

Name: Tallum Pignus

Race: human

age: 429 (has been treated with rejuvination procedures upwards of three times, thanks to juvenat he appears to be in his early-to-mid forties.)

Height: 6'3"

weight: 187 lbs

appearance: An imposing figure, Talum is thin, with dark gray hair usually kept in a ponytail. He keeps his beard neatly trimmed.

Posessions:

Steel-gray overcoat.
Carapace armor
Pulse pistol
laspistol
power-sword (the shape and length of a gladius)
tarot deck

History: Talum would once have been hailed as a hero of the Imperium. His career was quite illustrious, and he was inducted into some of the highest eschelons of the Ordo Malleus. It was sometime around his third (or fourth, possibly fifth, he doesn't quite remember) that something must have snapped (or clicked). When he went on his next mission, he was never heard from again. His retinue finally turned up a few months later- dead. It was assumed that his mission had been a fatal failure, he was mourned, but in the space of a few months, forgotten.

What they didn't know, was that he was very much alive. During his final rejuvination, he had an epiphany regarding something. Even he doesn't exactly know what he realized, or what it was about, only that this thing has led him to almost the farthest corners of the galaxy. Maybe a demon was somehow able to enter his mind undetected? Perhaps a witch? perhaps he's simply insane? He doesn't know, but he wishes he did.

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 20, 2007

Name: Jhorl Kargruz

Race: Human

Height: 5’9”

Weight: 73Kg

Wargear:
Laspistol
Mark of Slaanesh (not sure if that counts)

Forces:
A Cult of Slaanesh. As it is spread out between Moirdivan’s major population centres, it is difficult to determine the exact numbers of this organisation. However it is likely that they number close to a hundred thousand in number. Most are poorly armed, with laspistols, swords, or even rudimentary clubs being far more common than any standardised equipment. Several thousand are members of the Imperial Guard or PDF forces stationed on Moirdivan, as such have better training, armament and discipline than the majority of the cult. Finally, two five-man Noise Marine squads of the Emperor’s Children form a hidden inner-circle of the cult, and act as Jhorl’s bodyguards.

Appearance:
Jhorl has been gifted with many mutations from Slaanesh, although most are discreet enough for him to pass unnoticed amongst the population of Moirdivan. His hands have turned into simple lumps of flesh, each ending in five tentacles of varying length in place of fingers, although Jhorl has learnt to manipulate these mutations so that they pass for a normal appendage. In addition, although it is impossible to discern by the naked eye, his oesophagus and stomach are now lined with short, incredibly sharp spikes, each tear at his food, and his own flesh, whenever he swallows. A line of small, discreet spines run down Jhorl’s back, while two small nubs of bone above his eyes mark the location of his next mutation. Should he succeed in his current plot, these bones will burst through his skin, marking him irrefutably as having been touched by Chaos.

Personality:
Jhorl is a fanatical devotee of Slaanesh, and meticulous in every detail. He has something of an obsessive compulsive disorder, for in his eyes everything must be perfected. This obsession, unsurprisingly, was what led him to his worship of Slaanesh. Over the years he has gradually grown more and more sadistic and obsessed with pain, but even the art of killing must be made a perfect art. It is his belief that the screams must last for hours, and that the death, when it comes, must be as slow and painful as possible. He is never satisfied by the death of a single being however, and when torturing prisoners taken by the cult he has been known to throw his fellow cultists to the torturers, in order to increase the volume of the screams.

Reason for coming to the Planet:
He was born there.

History:
Jhorl Kargruz was born on Moirdivan in a small, backwater settlement. It soon became apparent that he was a gifted and intelligent child, and when he was five years of age it became obvious that he possessed psychic powers. However, before he could be sent away to train at the Scholastia Psykana, his home came under attack. The jungle rose up and enveloped the entire settlement, wiping out sentient life in the area.
Jhorl was injured in the attack, his back lacerated by spikes from a particularly aggressive plant, and stung numerous times by the many venomous plants and insects that swamped his village. Poison coursing with agonising strength throughout his body, and pain clouding his mind, Jhorl let loose an instinctive Psychic plea for aid.
His call was heard, but not by any mortal being. Slaanesh felt his pain, felt his power, and spared his life. The Chaos God reached into Jhorl’s body and altered it so that the poison became harmless. Although still wracked with pain, Jhorl survived his wounds.
However, he would not make it back to civilisation alive, for he was now stranded in the midst of the jungle, lost and surrounded by all the dangers of a death world. With the young child’s mind still open to the warp, Slaanesh sent one of his servants, the Greater Daemon Zhal’krstolistaskrk, to protect Jhorl. The Keeper of Secrets possessed him, and granted him the strength to return to civilisation.
There, Jhorl was quickly inducted into the cult of Slaanesh that was steadily growing in the underworld of the planet. Since then he has lived within the shelter of this dark brotherhood, watched over by his fellow cultists. He believes himself to be the chosen disciple of Slaanesh, sent to bring Moirdivan under the sway of chaos, and in return that he will be gifted with immortality.
The Emperor’s Children know differently. Jhorl believes that these Chaos Space Marines were sent to ensure his safety until he could deliver this world into the hands of Slaanesh. In reality, they were sent to make sure that the host for Zhal’krstolistaskrk remains intact until the world has been prepared for the arrival of the Keeper of Secrets. Jhorl may think of himself as the chosen one, but in reality he is nothing more than a sacrifice.

Pros:

Chaos Psyker
Jhorl is a powerful sorcerer in the service of Slaanesh. He has the ability to manipulate enemies, luring them to their deaths with the seductive power of Slaanesh, as well as being able to unleash powerful bolts of warp energy. If he has the necessary sacrifices, he can even call up a band of Daemonettes.

Zhal’krstolistaskrk
The Keeper of Secrets dwelling within Jhorl’s body whispers to him constantly, offering him advice, warnings, and even brief glimpses of the future. These visions are mostly imaginary however, as the Greater Daemon has no wish to alert his pawn to the fact that its days are numbered.
Some part of the Daemon’s resilience has been passed on to Jhorl as well. Like Daemon’s, he is difficult to kill.

Cons:

Doomed
Jhorl is doomed to die sometime in the near future.

Delusional
His many visions have convinced Jhorl that he is the supreme champion of Slaanesh, and destined for greatness. He is easily tricked and flattered as a result, and will spare the lives of anyone who compliments him, unless he grows bored of their presence.

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden

With the exception of Nihilus and Voltaire, everyone present seems to have made their introduction in the first chapter. How do we proceed from there?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

There a go Ghouly - faster than expected eh?

So Ghouly, can you define a rough plan how things are suppose to progress etc? I think a lot of us are a bit unsure how & what to post, as it hasn't been made clear moving forward.

Can I also confirm the following is true:

We are on a jungle death world that is frozen at the poles.
The weapon is somewhere on the north pole.
Necrons have secured the North pole, or maybe further and are currently searching for the weapon whilst holding off others?

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.

Yay, we get a subforum! Again...
Thanks, Voltaire!

So yes, something that throws together the characters will have to be acheived, or else we'll be sitting here fighting each other while half of the characters are miles away watching. I think the Eldar should be instrumental in this, as they are the ones who most want to see the Necrons not get the weapon.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

I want to join.

Name: Ashram Nightshroud
Race: Space Marine
Height: 7’’8
Weight: over a tonne in armor.

Forces: Ashram has at his command 290 Chaos Space Marines, a dozen chosen, ten posssesed, 90 regular marines, 50 berzerkers, and twenty plague marines. Ten rubric marines. 2 ten-man squads of the Emperor’s children allied to the Black Legion. thirty havocs, thirty raptors and twenty terminators. He has three land raiders and a multitude of rhinos, predators and vindicators as well as five defilers present. He has several thousand poorly trained cultists and mutants aboard his ship.

Appearance: Ashram is a tall man. He possesses a third eye in the middle of his forehead. His entire body is chalk white from wearing armor for millennia. He has strong patrician features common among those of Horus’s geneseed.

When armored he wears a suit of ornate black and gold power armor with robes. He has a horned helmet and he carries a golden horned staff with an eye at the center. The symbol of Tzeentch is on one armor pad and the eye of Horus is on another.

Personality: Ashram is a withdrawn power-obsessed man. He longs for the days when Horus was alive. To this end he sees Abbadon as the best way to that end and he is fanatically loyal to him.

Ashram is a calm, calculating man on the outside. But when he is angered that falls away and he becomes a sneering raging man who desires revenge on the one who wronged him.

He is otherwise dedicated to chaos, Tzeentch in particular. and burns with the hatred for the Imperium that all other chaos marine’s share.

Reason on that Planet: His visions have uncovered something of importance on the planet, something that the forces of chaos could well use, he has come on behalf of his masters Abbadon the Despoiler, and Heru’ur Daemonseye, commander of the Black Legion’s 4th Black Company warband.

History: Ashram Nightshorud was born on Cthonia, as one of the many hive gangers on the crumbling mining world. He was taken, as others into Horus’s Luna Wolves and made into a loyal astartes.

He was discovered to have psychic powers and made into a leigo librarian. However that was cut short when the Emperor issued the decree banning the use of psychic powers at the Nikea council. Ashram then was reassigned to the regular ranks of the legion and did not use his powers at the command of Horus.

When the Heresy came Ashram followed his primarch unquestioningly into the side of Chaos and sold his soul to Chaos, in exchange for more psychic powers. When the Sons of Horus fled from Terra and splintered into the Black Legion, Ashram followed his commander, Heru’ur, into the service of Abbadon.

He has fought against the Imperium for ten thousand years since then.

Powers and abilities: He is a powerful sorcerer and fighter, as well as a skilled tactician.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Name: Captain Julius Basiclus
Race: Space Marine
Height:7’9
Weight: over a tonne

Forces: Basiclus has at his disposal the entire 2nd Company for the Eagle claws plus three terminators squads from the first, sternguard squad from the first, three scout squads from the tenth. Three devastator’s squads from the ninth. This is all centered in his Battle Barge, ‘’Emperor’s Light’’ and supported by three strike vessels.

Appearance. Basiclus is a tall Space Marine with hawk-like features, brown hair and hard blue-gray eyes. He has several service studs on his brow and when he is armored it is in an ornate suit of artificer armor.

Personality: Basiclus is a proud marine, is friendly to his battle brothers, but proud and reserved to all other members of the Imperial armed forces, that is not to say be is uncooperative, far from it. He simply embodies the classic Eagle Claw traits of martial pride.

He is also, like all Eagle Claws, obsessed with martial pursuits and will not tolerate his allies who fall behind his expectations.

Reason on Planet: His battle barge received a distress signal and he is answering it.

History: Basiclus was born in the Eagle Claws home planet of Caesarea, at the age of 7, he entered one of the military recruiting academies, he and two others gradated from their classes, three out of a class of 256. From then on he received the space marine implants and was inducted into the chapter as a scout.

As a scout he received numerous commendations and was the first to his group to be evaluated into a full battle brother. As a line brother he led the squad the cut off the retreat of the ork horde on Secged III.

After seventy years as battle brother he became a squad sergeant, from then he entered the First Company and then he was chosen to become the commander of the 7th company, he served this post for fifty years before being promoted to command of the 2nd company, a position he holds today.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=75

Link to IA

nodmanmatt

Skeleton
Apr 13, 2008
Hey, This looks set to be interesting. How would people feel about a harlequin running around?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu