• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Saul laughed, he couldn't help it but this situation really was amusing. If it were true that Vlad might execute him for being 'obnoxious' as Karl so delicately put it then surely the Baron himself should be executed for being so pigheadedly arrogant, the Marshall should be executed for being a moron, Simon for being a drama-queen and Akarin for just being creepy.

"I doubt that very much Baron; after all, those with undesirable personality traits in this family seems to have survived him once before."

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
"Well if your good self has managed to survive this long with all your personality traits Mircea, then frankly a Orc with dubious personal hygiene and turbulent bowel movements could manage to survive him."

Saul grinned back at Mircea, taunting the Marshall was so much more fun than arguing with Karl.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl smiled at Saul, it was the same look an Adult would give a child who couldn't understand it's own foolishness.

"I'm sure you're quite right Saul." he said in an overly patronizing voice.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Mircea laughed. ''And you say this with complete ignorance of the time and situation of which I served Vlad? The only thing that I hear spewing from your mouth is ignorance'' he said.

''When you can boast of having commanded the assembled hosts of Slyvania for your lord and guarded the Countess herself then I can give some credit to your misbegotten assumptions''

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Basingstoke or Nexeternus
From high above a bell began to ring slowly. It was a low toned sound which inspired an ominous feeling in those who were gathered. Simon looked up "Its time." he commented "Mircea, Karl and Lesa please come with me. The rest remain out here for your own safety. Warpstone is not something to be disrespected."

He immediately strode back within the abbey closely followed by the others. The doors shut behind them and Drakenhof guard with their commander Crom took up position in front.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"Mum...." Requarah started as Lesa started to move away, obvious fear in her eyes at being surrounded by scores of Carsteins that no doubt wanted her dead. Pausing for a moment Lesa glanced around,

"If my daughter is not here and well when I return, I will wreak such vengeance on you they will whisper it in a thousand years." She paused for a minute before looking at Saul, "in fact you have drawn the short straw. Requarah is now under your protection. Should anything happen to her you will be held responsible, and my earlier threats will seem like nothing compared to what I will do." With a sweet almost mocking smile Lesa walked away, following the Simon, Karl and Mircea. With a shy, almost bashful smile Requarah sidled closer to Saul,
"Hi," she said, "sorry about my mum. She can be a little over protective sometimes. I'm Requarah." She held out her hand hopefully, not sure of the response she would receive

"Well Simon," Lesa said as they walked along, "the moment you have been waiting for is finally here. Is there something specific you would like me to do?"

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
''Yes is it time? I already have Vlad's blade brother.'' Mircea said, indicating the sword he held at his waist. He was uneasy about bringing a Lahmian for such an important event, but at the same time he was too excited to care.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl glanced back at Saul, looking smug, and strode away.

Walking next to Micrea he smiled faintly.
"The time has come...at last father shall be amongst us again." he said, his usual arrogant tones washed away in excitment, his eyes where glowing with dark balefire as he contemplated the vast undertaking that was coming to a close.

Karl smiled as Lesa spoke; he found Lahmians inferior to his own line but then again every line was second to the King's even the Queen's. But with her magic there was no way Simon could fail.

As Lesa left Requarah a figure silently materalised behind the younger Lahmian swiftly holding a silver dagger across her throat.

"Hmm....so this one dies and you get killed Saul? That hardly seems fair." a familar voice said sounding amused.

Withdrawing the knife from the Lahmian's throat Akarin stepped around her and turned to face the other von Carstein.

He was wearing a grin quite unlike he usually looked and as he spoke his voice was filled with an unfamiliar excitment.

"Soon Saul...oh so very soon you shall witness a single figure of Majestic power."

Staring at Saul even his cold dark eyes where filled with the same mad passion that burned in his voice.

"It shall be magnificent." he hissed.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Saul clenched his jaw very tightly; the anger that he felt was perhaps a little too obvious on his face.. Babysitting a Lahmian, Could it be worse? He stared at Requarah's outstretched hand for a moment with barely concealed distaste, before deciding that it was in his interest to accept the hand; he tried to rearrange his features into a more pleasant greeting.. and failed miserably.

"A Pleasure," He resisted the urge to sneer; he indicated to himself, "Saul," He gestured to Trinity, "Trinity".

Hmm....so this one dies and you get killed Saul? That hardly seems fair.

Oh joy, Saul stared in disdain at Akarin; the Assassin's talent for popping up out of nowhere was both unnerving and incredibly annoying. Saul also noted that Akarin wore the same look of total insanity that Karl and Mircea had worn earlier when speaking about Vlad; it seemed to Saul that all the von Carsteins were totally mad.. he hoped that the new Count wouldn't be quite as enthusiastically bonkers as the rest of them.. otherwise they were all f*cked.

Soon Saul...oh so very soon you shall witness a single figure of Majestic power.

Saul raised an eyebrow; Akarin had totally lost it. He glanced sideways to Trinity who was wearing much the same expression as he was, Saul chuckled.

"I think there must be something in the water in these parts.. they've all gone mad."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Akarin's eyes flashed coldly and his smile wavered slightly.

"Do not destroy such a momentous occassion with your usual...traits." he warned.

Turning his attention to Requarah he smiled faintly.
"And welcome to you, sorry about the knife earlier I was just having some fun with Saul here." he said before bowing slightly. "Akarin von Carstein at your service."

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"Akarin?" Requarah said, taken aback from what had just happened. Having a knife at her throat was not something that would impress her, and she sensed that the thin vampire was a lot more dangerous that he looked, "It is a......uh....pleasure to meet you. Are you one of the Counts guards?"

Lesa glanced to Mircea as he produced Vlad's blade, noticing the other two he had on him as well.
"Well you certainly seemed well armed for a resurrection Mircea," she commented pointedly.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
''Call me nostalgic'' Mircea replied. ''These blades have alot of history, I would have brought Konrad's sword if I could, but I did not have enough room, a pity, it would have beeen impressive to have the blades of all three Counts in one place''

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl give a faint laugh at Micrea's words.

"Indeed it would have Marshal, I'm sure the familiar sword will comfort the Count after the shock of ressurection." he said patting his own sword, a perfect Replica of Vlad's own.

Akarin smiled faintly at the Lahmian.

"You could say that I suppose....although my main duties are as a mere Advisor to his lordship." he said humbly.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
"You shouldn't have to do anything Lesa. I'm more powerful than I've ever been. However there there is always the possibility that you will have to step in if the ritual takes too much out of me at once." Simon replied.

The Vampires stepped into the great chamber. The Order of Vashanesh was still present. "Are the remains in place Balthazar?!" Simon called up to the leader of the mortals still milling around. "YES SIR!" Balthazar shouted from above in the gallery. Simon's face went bestial for a second as he spoke "Then let us begin! OPEN THE ROOF!!!!" He commanded.

There was a clanking of cogs and gears from around the room though nothing could be seen. Above the roof began to move revealing Morrsleib and exposing them all to its light.

An Altar had been set up in front of the warpstone vessel. Simon removed his cloak letting it fall into the hands of a robed attendant. With the Cruentus Ruby in his hand he moved towards the Altar and beckoned Mircea to join him.

Nar-Zuul emerged from the shadows and joined the two vampires followed minutes later by Balthazar. "My sermon is complete milord." he said. Simon nodded picking up a sacrificial dagger. "Then bid your flock to pray high Priest." he said placing the Cruentus Ruby on the Altar as Nar-Zuul removed two phials from his robes. Mumbling arcane words under his breath Simon took the two phials and popped the stoppers off. "Blood of the Scions unwittingly given." he said pouring the contents on to the Ruby. The Ruby began to glow with an inner light as the blood was obsorbed into it. The Gem was seemingly just as vampiric as those who sought to use it.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl's head darted up as he saw the roof open and his smiled broadened at the sight of the Moorsleib.

As he watched the blood pour from the vials he frowned slightly feeling uneasy.
Who are the Scions. he thought to himself but banished the worries almost as quickly as they came, there was no point wondering such things.

Glancing over he saw Ademus standing near the Order of Vashanesh but off to the side as not to be counted amongst them.

Turning away Karl smiled again.
"So very soon..."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Nodding to Mircea Simon held out his left hand over the Ruby and Mircea followed suit. With his right hand Simon raised the dagger "Blood of the grandscions willingly given!" he said as the blade moved swiftly across their outstretched hands drawing blood which immediately dripped on to the gem. The Ruby began to glow even more. From around the room came the chanting from the robed cultists.

Outside the Abbey the various vampires became aware of a strange feeling like static in the air. Black clouds began gathering in the sky though they seemed to avoid obscuring Morrslieb from the abbey.

Inside Simon quickly healed his self inflicted wound as he picked up the Ruby "First we deal with Nagash and then we move on the Empire!" he snarled moving towards the vessel. He placed the Ruby into the indentation and pushed it in. The vessel began to glow along with the Ruby.

Outside the von Carsteins stopped everything as they all sensed the incredible power surging from the abbey. From above came the sound of thunder and the first trickle of rain.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
My main duties are as a mere Advisor to his lordship.

Saul scoffed and, under the glare he got from Akarin, hastily developed a cough to disguise it. He slapped Akarin on the back, grinning as he did so, and turned to Requarah, struggling to keep a straight face.

"He also holds the esteemed position of Count Simon's chief Eunuch."

Saul looked up into the sky at the sound of thunder and felt the rain begin to descend. The air was thrumming with an unimaginable energy, and the Abbey was all but obscured by the vast waves of dark magic that washed over it.. it seemed that things had finally got underway. He glanced to his left, to Trinity who had clearly noticed the change in the atmosphere.. though he wasn't sure whether she felt it as much as he did as her magical capabilities were in their infancy; then he glanced to his right, to Akarin who was definitely feeling the surge in power..

But strangely the Lahmian didn't seem to be affected by or even notice it. Sure she noticed the rapid change in weather conditions and, despite her bloodline traits, she was smart enough to know something was going on but she just didn't seem to be affected like the von Carsteins were.

This is really weird.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Akarin was wearing a feral grin as he felt the Dark Magic saturating the air around them, despite his lack of magical talent he was von Carstein and as such the meaning of such wild power was as clear to him.

"The Ritual." he murmered softly turning his gaze skyward.

The Storm was gathering and thunder echoed from the heavens followed by a shower of rainfall, Akarin seemed entranced by the weather change.

"And they where like Gods Amongst Men." he whispered.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
As the air charged with magical energy all around the Abbey dead things walked. Drawn by the irresistible pull of the dark arts hundreds, then thousands of dead clawed out of the dirt. Sylvania had seen so much death over the years, and there were still many dead that had not yet been disturbed by the calls of the Vampire Counts. However this time even they were tugged and pulled, bony limbs and rotten muscles shining in the moonlight.

The villagers for miles around huddled in their villages, praying for the night to end as the dead walked past outside. Those unlucky to be caught out on such a night were quickly attacked and devoured by either the corpses, ghouls, or other creatures of darkness. Slowly but surely they all moved towards the army, not yet bound to one will, but following the source of power.

Now

As the voice of Nagash echoed in their minds, the Dreadlord’s acted. Hidden away in the shadows they had watched carefully as the nights events had unfolded, knowing their master was also carefully watching from many leagues away. He had known what their plan was, know long before most of the Council member’s did, and he had waited for the opportune time.

Stepping forward the Sentence raised his decrepid hands, ancient Nehekharan spilling forth from his mouth. For once he did not have to call on his immense powers, as the dead were already animated. All he simply had to do was to impose his will on the many thousands, and without anyone to counter him it was done in a second.

“Is it done?” the Verdict asked, his normally bright flames merely smoldering as not to attract attention. With mere willpower the Necrarch stopped their new army in its tracks, still far enough away from the mass of Carsteins to avoid attention. In minutes they changed from mindless milling corpses to ranked warriors, ready to deal death.

”Yes they are in my power, and secured so they cannot be stolen,” the Sentence rasped back, “it is fortunate they invited the Lahmian inside, she is one who could have detected my workings. But it is too late now, we are ready.”

“Then it is time for the unbelievers to perish!” the Verdict said, his flames roaring back into life. At the command from their new masters the massed dead surged forward, ready to tear the Carsteins limb from limb.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
A chorus of wolves howled into the storm above the Red Abbey, as if eager to usher in their rising lord, or perhaps greeting the full gaze of Morrslieb. Then, with the wolves sad lament ending as thunder rolled across the sky, another cry was given, so like the thunder it could easily have been lost. Where the song of the wolves had been welcoming, or perhaps sad, this roar was thick with rage and the promise of carnage. To anyone who might have heard that echo of destruction and looked up at the Chaos moon, they might have seen, ever so faintly, a pulse from it as if it had heard the roar and welcomed it.

Clawed hands and feet, now more like paws and claws ran faster than any horse through the dark forests of Sylvania, the massive black shapes illuminated only for a moment under the green glow of the Chaos moon.
Rage drove them on through the night. What had begun as a hunt fueled by anger at their betrayal had transformed with the rising of Morrslieb into a terrifying rampage through the night as these primordial predators of mankind's nightmares hurtled forwards.
All conscience thought had been stripped from them and been replaced with nothing but animal impulses as the radiation from the Chaos Moon saturated their bodies.
Geheimnisnacht promised Vampires magical strength for their spells. To the werewolves, it promised unmitigated destruction as their physical body was fueled by the magic saturating the world.

The pack suddenly halted in its mad dash across the lands as one of their number suddenly roared in pain. His name was Müller, but their minds where so far removed from sentience that such monikers where utterly forgotten.
The abominably huge wolf-creature reared upon its recurved hind legs, his massive shoulders and arms rippling as they tried to contain the unearthly energies coursing through them.
Müller howled and clawed at his face as his body changed, spikes of bone burst from his spine as it grew larger under the foul warping influence of chaos, the wounds instantly repairing themselves so fast not a single drop of blood fell from him.
The other two members of the pack growled and circled him. Their rage needed an outlet and they where by no means above slaughtering their own.
Müller snapped at them suddenly, making the smaller female who was named Hati jump back yelping and the black-pelted monster named Völundr back away a step.
The three of them froze for a moment then, under the dappled green light of the moon, a cold wind passing through the trees, the scent of the world carried on it.
Then the moment was broken as with impossible, unearthly speed the three creatures dashed back into the hunt. They didn't comprehend it, not by a long shot, but they could feel the spell the Von Carsteins where forging and they could smell it on the wind.
They where close...

Then a skeleton appeared in front of them as they hurtled past the tree line.
The human corpse disintegrated as Müller hit it, not even slowed by the bones, but he stopped and reared up on his hind legs, his two compatriots halting also.
A vast legion of the undead stretched out before them.
Their rage was unleashed with a titanic roar, with fang and claw.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Mircea’s connection to the wight regiments was abruptly broken off, he frowned in annoyance as it was soon revealed what had happened to the groups he had stationed outside to protect the place.

Treason.

He turned to Simon.

‘’Do you sense that brother? We are betrayed by someone that the Ritual is occurring, the enemy….the dogs of Nagash are attacking us.’’ Mircea looked upwards, the rain beginning to fall upon him.

He took Vlad’s sword away and handed it to a nearby acolyte, who accepted the blade reverently. He turned back to Simon and Lesa.

‘’They may have control over the vast bulk of the troops…..but I….we have control over the beasts, the bats, the owls, the wolves’.’ he finished, his lips curling back in a predatory smile.

‘’It may not be enough, but it will help, I am going, to track down the leaders who dare assault us, and I shall slay them.’’ he snarled, walking about, hi cloak swirling behind him.

Outside a figured materialized next to the Dreadlords.

‘’Nice assault you have here, a magical feat worthy of myself.’’ The Shade said, talking to the Sentence and the Verdict as they began the assault into the Red Abby.

‘’I am pleased you took my advice…. It would be annoying if Vashannesh returned at this junction.’’ he chuckled.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl snarled his face turning bestial for a moment before he regained control and turning strode out his long cape swirling as he unsheathed his runeblade.

"Ademus! Remain here!" he commanded as he left the Ritual area and headed back towards the Head of the Abbey.

Akarin's head titled and he frowned glancing at the other crowd as dozens of his Assassin Adepts stepped out of the shadows to gather near the front of the von Carstein vampires.

"Something is amiss." Akarin muttered before vanishing in a swirl of Shadow.

Akarin rematerialised next to his assassin brothers and frowned.
"What is going on?"

Silibar turned his grin to his master before bowing slightly.
"It seems we've lost control of our own forces, the Marshal no longer commands the undead soldiers." he said pleasantly.

Akarin frowned unwilling to allow anger to overcome his senses. Turning he saw Karl walking towards them.

"Who assails us Baron?" he asked softly.

"I do not know but we will find them and they shall die!" he snapped.

"Tell your assassins to stay with these fools." he spat waving at the crowd "They couldn't defend themselves from a strong wind. You and Silibar however are to actively seek out enemy forces and destroy them, am I understood?" he said his voice steely unwilling to accept anything but total compliance.

Akarin bowed
"It shall be done."

With that Karl turned and stalked off towards Saul to inform the younger vampire of the situation.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Akarin's urgent departure startled Saul.. Something is amiss.. Akarin's words echoed in Saul's head and he spun around to see the other Assassins form up around the crowd of von Carsteins from earlier. Something had changed. He spoke out of the corner of his mouth to Trinity, an edge crept into his voice.

"Something isn't right here. Ready yourself."

Trinity nodded and began to prime her pistols, the threat as yet unknown but she had been taught by her father to expect the unexpected. Saul glanced at Requarah, he didn't know if the Lahmian had noticed the sudden change in tension amongst the von Carsteins and frankly he didn't care.. if this change became a serious threat then he didn't want to have to still be babysitting.

"You," He pointed at the Lahmian, his voice rough and perhaps a little impolite, "Go inside, find Mistress Cromwell and stay there." Well that solved one problem, now to find some answers.

Saul looked up to see the Baron approaching, his face a picture of unchecked fury; Saul bowed slightly, if there was indeed a situation then normal battle procedures would apply and Karl was effectively Saul's commander.

"Baron. What's happened?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl snarled his face the piction of bestial rage, the only visual sign of his aristrocratic nature being the clothing he wore.

"We are betrayed Saul!" he hissed his voice brimming with hate.

"The Foes have yet to be identified but the Marshal is moving out to engage them, however it can be assured they are not only hostile but highly skilled for they have siezed control of a vast number of undead troops."

He glanced away for a moment and his face slowly became that of a man once more and the anger in his voice was now rigidly controlled.

"The Assassins are to stay with these idiots." he said gesturing at the crowd around them, ignoring the hated looks he got in return.""Apart from Akarin and Silibar whom have gone to search out the Enemy in the darkness."

Turning away from Saul he raised a hand and hissed out a dark spell, the effect was a bolt of power launching into the air and exploding with a bang, catching everyones attention.
"They'll know we're here anyway." he said over his shoulder to Saul incase the younger vampire was wondering if their position had been given away.

"Everyone! The Ritual is underattack! There are those who seek to stop the work of Vashanesh but we shall not let them! They shall die and the von Carsteins shall survive like always" he said in a booming voice as he began walking through the gathering, using his unnatural aura of Majesty to influence the crowd so they would not panic. "I would ask those of you who have weapons to ready them, those who can cast spells be prepared and the rest of you use the vampiric gifts granted upon you! You will not leave this area unless otherwise told, Akarin's men shall watch over you! When the enemy come, oh and they will, we shall show them the fury of Sylvania!" he roared as he came full circle and returned to Saul's position.

The Crowd screamed an agreement of sorts but the Baron ignored them and grasping Saul on the Shoulder he steered the vampire away from the gathering and spoke softly.
"Most of these lesser thralls will die but it matters not, our family could do with a good culling." he said calmly.
"Stick with me, we'll use the wolves and bats of our land to find our foes, we'll begin my scouting the immediate perimeter. But first my armour lies within the Abbey" he said walking away, leaving Saul to follow...if he wished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu