• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Opening her mind fully Lesa could sense the tendrils of necromancy that surrounded the Abbey. Karl and Mircea had left to ensure the ritual was not stopped, but as she recognised the magical signature of the spell, she knew it would not be that easy.

"We have a serious problem," she said to Simon, "I recognise one of them by their magic, it is one of the Dreadlords, the one that calls himself the Sentence. He has place thousands of dead under his control, dead that we most likely summoned by the ritual." Pausing she tested the binding on the dead and found it to be potent indeed, "I am strong enough to counter the Dreadlord, or try and wrestle control, but only if I have no other distractions. As you know, it is no easy task to steal the dead off another."

"Mum!" Requarah ran into the hall, having destroyed the few wights that had stupidly tried to stop the vampire, "Mum, someone is attacking us. The Baron is extremely angry and has taken Saul to attack them. But I think we are outnumbered."

"It's ok Requarah," Lesa said soothingly, before looking at Simon again, "what do you wish to do? Can the ritual be paused or halted now?"

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Clad in the armour of Teufhof, Baron Karl von Carstein cut an impressive sight; a familiar looking sword belted at his side. The rage on his face hadn't quite diminished but he seemed more focused now that he was clad in his armour.

For Saul's part, he himself was struggling to contain his anger, it gnawed away at his consciousness.. the beast within was positively raging and it ached to be released in fury; Saul's hands flexed around the hilts of his swords, his fingers shaking in anticipation.

He glanced at Karl.

"Cometh the Hour, cometh the Man.."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Basingstoke or Nexeternus
"I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to Lesa!" said Simon feeling the strain as he concentrated on the raw power enemating from the vessel. Thinking hard he said "If Sentence is here then its me he's after. I can't risk him interfering! Lesa you'll have to take over!" Lesa looked shocked "ME!" she exclaimed "Yes" said Simon "Don't worry Nar-Zuul's overseeing the process I just need you to control it. I'll go and distract Sentence!" Lesa was ushered over and took Simon's place in front of the vessel. Simon strode away "Things are going to be different this time. They'll be no more playing around two of us shall meet and only one of us is going to return." he remarked disappearing from the room.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"Simon-" Lesa called but the Count had already gone. Fool! she thought as took control of the power that Simon had been controlling. In truth the power was not taxing to her, for a being as magically potent as herself it would take much more to put a strain on her, but she had a feeling that was about to happen.

Whilst Nar-Zulul was overseeing the process, it had been Simon who had been controlling the raw power, channelling it to where it need to go for the wraith's rituals. However in running off he had forgotten to tell her where to channel the power, and she could not risk channelling it into the wrong area for fear of miscast or worse.

"Are you ok Mum?" Requarah asked, noticing the expression on her mums face.
"For the moment," Lesa replied, noting the slow magical build up, "but Simon had better hurry......."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl grinned, feeling pride wash over him as he looked at his younger realitive.

"As Simon likes to say, we are the only Gods men shall ever see in their lives...so let us show the enemies the true face of the Gods!" he laughed darkly.

As they strode amongst the outer perimeter Karl saw a gathering of Undead Wights and prodding them with a thin tendril of Necromancy he sensed their connection lay not with one of the von Carstein line.
Glancing at Saul he saw the vampire absolutely trembled with restrained fury.

Karl spoke sweetly, his natural aura perhaps the greatest of all the von Carsteins after Vlad helping his words sound more persuasive.
"Unleash the beast Saul, allow that anger to flow through you and use it...surrender your humanity for a time and release your true nature."
As he spoke he unsheathed his sword, the blade screaming softly as it sensed it's master's hunger for death, Karl allowed his own face to go bestial.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
Mircea met Jan and Luke as they came up the steps of the red abbey.

‘’My lord!’’ Luke spoke out.

‘’We are under-‘’

‘’Attack, I know’’ Mircea interpreted him. He looked out at the window at the massed horde coming at the Abby rapidly. He cursed and turned to his gets quickly.

‘’Get the force sunder our command and order them to form a chokepoint at the inner gates of the Abby, we won’t get to the outer ones in time, but we can defend the inner ones quickly’’ he ordered.

The two nodded and shot off.

‘’Why have you come to mock us?’’ the Sentence said. The Shade held up his hands.

Mock? Me? I was here to merely wish you victory,’’ The Shade replied. He looked at the Verdict. ‘’You look toasty.’’

‘’We need not your tidings wraith, we have our own faith’’ The Verdict replied, sending great fireballs hurling at the Carstiens moving away from the Abby walls.

‘’I see then, you are confidient of your victory then?’’ Asked the Shade.

‘’Of course’’ the Verdict snapped, flames launching from his staff.

‘’I see then’’ the Shade cocked his head. ‘’I have a piece of advice for you, do not get cocky, the Carsteins can still fight back effectively, and watch out for one in particular……..’’

‘’If you wish to succeed then kill Mircea von Carstein, he is a dangerous one, he has a daemon’s eyes, he is leading the army.’’ the Shade explained.

‘’A daemon’s eyes?’’ the Verdict laughed. ‘’I shall pluck them out.’’

The undead army of the sentence flowed through the barred gate, a giant fireball form the verdict reducing it to cinders in an sinstant. Hundreds of skeletons and zombies rushed through the gap to assault the main abbey.

The Inner Abbey gates and windows were bordered up greatly, the Carsteins stood, rank by rank, in the main gates. The front gate buckle under a massive magical assault, bolt after bolt of black lightning flinging itself against the iron gates.

Then they buckled and broke and the undead rushed in.

The Carstien had the advantage in the outer halls, the cramped areas denying the undead their greater numbers. Mircea’s earlier assessment had proved to be correct as the Carstiens began to hold off the undead.

But the Verdict hovered in the air on a wreath of fire, great balls launching indiscriminately among the fighting. The Dreadlord hovered upwards, through a broken into, into the floor of one of the Abbey’s belltowers.

The Dreadlord landed, and was confronted by four vampires, all low ranking ones. With a disdainful flick of his hand he incinerated them all, sending the thralls crashing against the walls, aflame.

He walked through the hallways, intend on moving deeper into the heart of the Carstein defense and gutting it He came to a wide meeting hall when suddenly a voice cut in from behind him.

‘’I see you.’’ The Verdict ducked a suddenly swordblade emerging formt he shadows and leapt back.

Standing before him was Mircea.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Unleash the beast Saul

Karl's words echoed in his head, which suddenly seemed cavernous as each echo grew louder and louder; and the beast thrashed at it's chains. This was the moment that it longed for, that it craved for.. to be unleashed, to be sated upon the world, to cry havoc and let slip this beast of war.

Bestial instincts crept into Saul's mind from the furthest reaches of his consciousness as he allowed the shallow facade of humanity to bleed from the inside. A few last vestiges of rational thought briefly hoped that Trinity had done what he had told her to and gone inside so that she wouldn't have to see the monster that he would become.. she shouldn't have to see this.

Surrender your humanity for a time and release your true nature

And he did. Saul unleashed a bestial roar at the skies before his rage finally exploded outwards and propelled him forward towards the Wights.

For Sylvania, for von Carstein, for Vashanesh.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Lightning flashed across the bruised sky as the magic unleashed on this hellish night tormented the skies as they unleashed rain.
A bolt of the stuff shot downwards a distance from the Red Abbey, but suddenly, its course was redirected back onto the flank of the undead army, and a dozen skeletons exploded as the lightning super heated their bones. A beastile call went up, and more lightning came down to smite the skeletons.
The storm caller of this assault stood on his hind legs, his tattered clothes billowing about him in the rain as he lifted up his massive hammer into the sky, static discharge coursing along its length and arcing out to the skeletons, blowing them apart and before moving to the next wet cadaver.
Völundr had always been the most human of the Úlfhéðnar, and even with Morrsleib in the ascent he alone retained the wit to use a weapon and kept most of his human frame, though swelled to gigantic proportions and covered in fur.
However, though Geheimnisnacht increased his power, it was at the cost of control.

Müller was like a comet through space, or a shark through shoals of fish. With each swing of his arms skeletons broke into pieces, and he left a trail of devastated and broken bodies in his wake. The undead automation's tried to halt him, but each slash of their blades instantly healed itself. Swords and axes that bit into the monsters flesh where forced out, falling to the ground as his muscles reknitted.
Hati had grown bored with the game. This prey did not scream and it was endless. It did not stink with fear, but with decay. She was just as unstoppable as Müller, but in a different way. While Müller's flesh absorbed the wounds, she moved like quicksilver, dodging each slow slash and stab of her enemies. Each flash of her talon ripped the head from a warrior.
Völundr's lightning flashed out again, but this time it did not only hit the skeletons, but two of the bolts hit Hati and Müller. The wolf-creatures fur stood on end and they howled as its power coursed through them, burning their skin. The wounds would heal in a few minutes, but their rage redoubled at the unexpected pain.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karon grinned as the last of the small group of Wights died, he did not sheath his sword however as he tilted his head and heard the sounds of battle not far away.

"Come Saul, there is more destruction to deal out amongst the enemies of Sylvania." he whispered to the other Vampire before running off with the other vampire following close after.

In mere moments the vampires had scaled the wall of the Abbey and now moved amongst the vampires of the von Carstein family, surprisingly the Marshal was not in sight.

I would have thought he would be with the fighters. Karl thought to himself

Karl quickly moved amongst his brethren whom where attempting to hold of the undead horde, picking out a handful whom where somewhat skilled at magic to stand upon the walls that would attempt to hamper and destroy with the arcane.

"Baron." a voice said.

Karl turned to see Akarin and Silibar standing with a few Assassins.
"Since the family has formed themselves amongst the walls at the Marshal's commands the Assassins have taken up position within their ranks in a hope to add an edge to our defense." the assassin said.

Karl nodded and was about to turn away when Silibar laughed and said.
"Hey, tell him about the Dogs!"

Akarin flashes Silibar a dark look before nodding.
"I believe that Muller and his...pack...are here, they seem to be assaulting the undead force."

Karl nodded.
"Stay out of their way, whilst we are more powerful in this place and on this night they are no doubt effected by Morrslieb." he said before gesturing for the Assassin's and Saul to leave.

"Take Saul and go kill something." he said turning his attention back to the walls, in the absence of Micrea Karl decided to take command.

The Sentence grinned as the undead assaulted the Abbey, there was no need for finesse here, even an average commander such as himself knew that even with the mass numbers of skeletons being funnelled the wounds dealt to the defenders would eventually take their toll.
He however would remain out here, in the centre of the army, away from the true fighting.

"Your doomed." he cackled gleefully.

Ademus walked over slowly to the beautiful Lahmian before bowing deeply to her and speaking in a soft, almost shy voice.

"Is there anyway one such as I may help Mi'Lady?"

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
"Oh Sentence!" said a voice in Sentences head. Sentence looked around puzzled.

"Why so confused old man you opened a connection between us did you not think that it went both ways." continued Simon's voice

"We should meet so that we can settle this once and for all. You'd better hope that you can kill me because if you can't you'll be facing Vashanesh as well."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Sentence considered this for a moment, the Count would be more powerful in this place but on a night such as tonight so was the Necrarch.
Anyway how could a mere youngling of such thin blood be of any concern?

In a bloom of shadow the Necrarch vanished and traveled through the winds of magic to Simon's location.

As he rematerialised he spoke snidely.
"Vashanesh was nothing, a weak-willed pretty boy used to dupe the fool Trueborn into the Great Necromancer's service, nothing more."

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The magic that Lesa was attempting to control was growing stronger, forcing her to turn and place her hands as she created a magical barrier to hold the power in. This was getting dangerous now, and her face showed it.

"Mum, what's the matter?" Requarah asked, noticing the look on her mother's face. Lesa's eyes snapped open at her daughter's voice, blazing power showing in place of her eyes.

"The ritual's power is getting stronger," she said, "you and some of these others will have to guard the entrance. If I am killed there is no one strong enough here to control this amount of power. Go!" Requarah looked worriedly, before running to follow Lesa's commands. Now was not a time for arguing. Arcs of power started to crackle as the power continued to grow, a reddish tinge filling the air. Slowly Lesa rose in the air until she was hovering over the source of the power, mind totally focused on now containing the magic.

Simon had better hurry, she thought, because if not there is enough power here to level most of Sylvania

With a burst of dirt a massive hand ripped forth from the ground, finally answering the call that had awoken it. A moment later the second of the pair followed suit, before finally the dead giants head broke through. Ungainly it stumbled to its feet, followed in moments by over half a dozen more of its kind. The place must have been a place where the giants went to die naturally when they felt the time draw near, and now the monstrosities were back to plague the land once more.

Suddenly lighting bolts lanced down, striking a pair of creatures in front of them. They appeared to be alive and the giants still felt an echo of the hunger they had felt in life. Slowly but building up speed they charged towards the werewolves.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Müller, Völundr and Hati looked up at the sounds of heaving earth and crushing skeletons, feeling the earth move at the weight of the giants. The three growled up at them and braced themselves, their animal minds caught between Fight or Flight.
Two of them dodged through the skeletons, one stood his ground. Völundr, his hammer gleaming in the moonlight, carved a path through the undead to avoid the charge of the massive beast, electricity crackling and charring long dead flesh and bone with each swing. Hati simply dodged through the skeletons ranks, moving fast either of her allies could ever hope to match and headed for Müller.
Müller stood where he was, his feet spaced wide, a feral gleam in his eye and, perhaps, a fanged smile. His massive muscled body flexed, the raw magic energising his sinews to unnatural proportions.
The undead giant lifted its hand in a fist and bellowed with what was left of its throat, the sound strange and alien. The creature crashed its way towards Müller and swung downwards to crush him into the dirt.

Völundr and Hati stopped in their flight to look at the scene, the giant seemingly frozen there with its fist down to the ground to pulp its enemy, the ranks skeletons obscuring the scene.
Painfully slowly, the giants arm moved upwards its hand still curled into a fist. The limb shook as the magical energy driving it struggled against what was happening, but the giants arm continued to be forced backwards.
Müller, his feet carving into the ground, his hands pressed against the giants fist and teeth clenched, was not only holding the massive creature at bay, but forcing it backwards.
Hati, already moving towards Müller, bounded through the skeleton ranks on all fours, leaping to avoid blows and cover ground. She didn't slow coming upon Müller, but instead bounded upwards, landing on the giants fist, her claws digging into rotting flesh giving her purchase as she began to run up his arm.
Müller growled deep in his throat, his arms seemed to finally buckled and move back towards him as the giants undead stamina overcame his drained strength. But it was not as it appeared, with a roar Müller suddenly pushed forward rapidly against the giants arm, walking forward several paced and forcing the giants arm up and away from him.
At the same time, Hati had climbed upwards and jumped to the undead giants shoulder, and then to his face, clawing and ripping through his eye socket and punching through the bone matter there. She burrowed into his skull.

Combined with Müller's push and Hati's assault on his brain, the giant stumbled backwards and fell, the ground trembling. Müller's breath came in gasps, even his hyper metabolism energised by Geheimnisnacht feeling the strain. The giants other rotten eye pushed upwards, and in geyser of congealed blood, brain and eye mater, Hati ripped up, unrecognisable as she was covered in gore.
Müller howled their victory into the night sky, his voice joined by Hati and Völundr's, and then the wolves of the Von Carsteins taking up the call.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Simon smiled "Such disloyalty Sentence. Vashanesh is your king whether you admit it or not."

Simon glanced up at Morrslieb "In a matter of minutes the beginning of Nagash's end will in full swing. This entire council has been much like an avalanche. It started small and as it moved down the mountain it got bigger as it picked up more and more until it reached the point that nothing could stop it and all who tried ended up buried."

Musing at his words Simon finally looked back to Sentence.
"Well! Lets get started then. Shall we? he said grinning.

Sentence looked at Simon. There was something different about him his unpleasant grin was somewhat wider than normal. Wider than was humanly possible!

Simon started to laugh as suddenly thousands of wailing spirits appeared around him trapped in his aura. His face became more bestial and he seemed to increase in muscle though it was a very subtle change.

As he slowly changed Simon thought back to the four battles that would enable him to finish the dreadlord once and for all.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE CARSSSTEIN! YOU'VE MAIMED ME!" Drakus of Strigoi roared as Simon struck him in the face with his own severed arm. Standing over the prone beast Simon buried his fangs into the creature and began to feed. With a sudden triumphant roar Simon backed away from the dead Drakus. Convulsing his face starting morphing as he screamed between a human and beastlike appearance and his eyes glowed. Clutching his face Simon suppressed the beastlike countenance suddenly seizing the stone coffin in the room he hurled it across the tomb with one hand where it slammed into the wall and partly shattered. His energy temporarily used up Simon slowly relaxed. He felt different. He jumped up into the air landing on the ceiling. He smiled as his face once again changed into something bestial. he had not only taken much of Drakus's strength but he had gained some of his other abilities as well.

"But that was just the beginning." Simon thought "With Drakus's abilities supplementing my own I began to hunt down the others.

Simon slammed into the wall shuddering from the force of Dhar that had struck him. "You impudent young wretch! You think that because you're one of Vlad's gets that you can strike at ME!" Zharradan hissed.
The wizened Necrarch came towards Simon as he struggled to his feet. Two beams of dark energy erupted from the Necrarchs eyes striking Simon again leaving him great pain. "You're magic is impressive for one of the Carsteins but is nothing to me." Simon clambered back to feet "Thats why I sought you out OLD MAN! I'm taking what you have for myself. Zharradan laughed with amusement "Such arrogance." he said launching a ball of crackling dark energy at Simon. Simon stared at it as it approached suddenly his face went bestial as he leapt up and over it landing on the ceiling and then launching himself down at the surprised Necrarch. Seizing him by the neck which he swiftly snapped he buried his fangs into the ancient throat and drank deep.

"Gaining the extra power and some of the knowledge of one W'soran's brood certainly came in handy for my next battle against Sir Ranulph the Swift a swordmaster of Abhorash's line." Simon thought to himself "Though I was already a renowned swordsman amongst my own family one can never be too old to learn from a master."

The two swords clashed in a sea of sparks. "You're not bad boy. Not bad at all. But you could be so much better! If only you were not a von Carstein I would have been proud to have lost to you." said Sir Ranulph leaping back and striking at Simon's shoulder. Simon attempted to block but was brushed aside easily as the sword struck him drawing blood. "Such a pity that I'm going to have to kill you. This wasn't even a challenge!" the vampiric knight sneered placing the tip of his sword to Simon's throat. "Not so arrogant from this angle are we von Carstein?" Simon glared at him and then broke into a smile "Perhaps. But it seems to me that you've forgotten one important rule." Sir Ranulph looked puzzled "and what pray would that be?" he asked "don't always concentrate on your opponents sword arm because you never know what he's doing with his shield arm." Simon replied. Sir Ranulph looked down at Simon's hand as dark energy crackled around it. Suddenly understanding he said "BLAST YOU CARSTEIN!" As dark power erupted from Simon's hands blowing him away. Lying on the ground shaking with intense pain he became aware of Simon standing over him. "This.... wouldn't... happen.... within.... our..... brotherhood....." he said weakly "I'm not in your brotherhood. Remember! I'm just a von Carstein." said Simon fangs protruding.

"With Sir Ranulph's skills at swordplay I was almost finished. I had collected the abilities from three of the other bloodlines. However the fourth one was going to be harder as I would have to find one of the Lahmians before I could even attempt to feed off them." Simon thought to himself "It would be many years until I found one of the covens during that time I had established myself in the Border princes and decided to travel to Altdorf to visit the Order of Vashanesh. I decided to stop off at Nuln on the way and that was when I found them quite by accident."

Simon stood surrounded as the five Lahmians gathered around. "Do I get the impression that I'm not wanted here." he asked "You've got it in one Sir Carstein." said Lady Charlotte appearing "We do not wish your kind here. Last time we were betrayed by your master Mannfred and our beloved Eternal was brutally murdered by one of you!" Simon smirked holding up his hands "Thats uncle Mannfred for you. He's just like you lying and manipulative which is a useful ability and one I intend to have by the end of the night." Lady Charlotte glared as she brushed a lock of her dark hair out of her eyes. You won't be seeing the end of the night. That I can promise you." she nodded to the other Lahmians. "Of that you are sadly mistaken!" said Simon quick as a flash he drew Animessor and decapitated the nearest Lahmian as she came at him. "Get him! Get him!" snarled Lady Charlotte as Simon impaled a second on his sword and backhanded another. Drawing a dagger from his boot he hurled it at Lady Charlotte but it struck one of her sisters who had leapt in front of her. A blast of dark energy from his eyes finished her off as he turned and drove Animessor into the injured vampiress he had backhanded. He turned to the last one who was paralysed with shock at what she had witnessed. Laying a hand on her shoulder he said "Its alright dear." he said as his eyes glowed and she collapsed into dust. "Enough!" cried out Lady Charlotte "Surely we can come to some sort of arrangement." she said moving her hips seductively as she came towards him and laid a hand on his shoulder. Allowing him a view of her cleavage "Perhaps we can." said Simon suddenly grabbing her other arm and the dagger concealed in her hand. "I'm taking your powers and abilities!" he whispered in her ear. "Unfortunately for you you won't survive. I can't tell my wife that I spent time with six Lahmian seductresses and didn't kill them. She'd get the wrong idea entirely." he snarled sinking his teeth into her exposed neck.

Simon smiled as he finished preparing to face Sentence "Well I think I'm ready. Question is are you?"

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania
‘’Do you stand against me?’’ The Verdict asked. Mircea studied the pale features of his enemy.

‘’Of course it is natural when one’s home is infested with vermin that one exterminates them’’ He said causally, before suddenly leaping, like a striking cobra, cloak trailing behind like wings as he lashed out with his runesword.

With a spark of fire the staff of the Verdict locked into position, countering the blade. The Dreadlord’s arms tensed as he and the Carstein lord locked blades closely, both equally matched.

‘’Your strength is great for an unbeliever, but such a lack of faith cannot succeed against the might of my Lord’’ The Verdict said, kicking Mircea back, who stumbled back, his cloak twisting around like batwings to launch him back.

A blade of fire appeared in the Verdict’s left hand as he grasped it in midair and countered Mircea’ return thrust. Quickly the Dreadlord coated the head of his staff with fire, turning it into a flaming halberd. He decided against his mind powers, he would not need them yet.

He jammed the blade into Mircea’s side, but the wolfskin cloak coiled like a living being, protecting Mircea’s side from the flaming staff. The Carstein then kneed the Verdict in the stomach, sending him flying back.

The Verdict recovered, a burst of fire lifting him up higher. He raised his staff, quickly a massive fireball, the size of a warhorse, was created in an instant. He threw the fireball at Mircea below, who dodged to the left. Smoke and fire filled the area as the vampire lord tensed his legs, before launching up, cloak flapping like batwings as he entered a partial transformation. The vampire lord crossed almost twenty feet in the air in a second.

His runesword flashed, cutting the surprised Verdict in the shoulder, black blood flew through the air as the Verdict blew him back with a torrent of fire, smoke trailed from Mircea’s frame as he recovered his descent on the stone wall and kicked off.

The Verdict and the vampire clashed in the middle of the room, staff, fire blade and runesword all colliding in a thunderclap of aether. The sword skill and brute strength of Mircea were pitted against the fire of the Verdict. Mircea’s blade flashed as he drove the Verdict back, the flaming staff was brought around to brain the vampire, but Mircea blocked that and a side thrust. Flames flashed in front of his eyes and he countered the fire sword with his blade.

His cloak whipped out, like a living being to ensnare the Verdict, but a quick word and the flames beat the cloak back, even as Mircea’s runesword snaked out to leave a small cut on the ashen skin of the Verdict’s cheek..

They both feel back several feet, a brief lull in the heat of combat.

‘’Do you really think you can will against the servant of a god when you have no faith yourself?’’ The Verdict replied. Fires leapt up on his shoulder and cheek, closing his wounds.

Mircea cocked his head. ‘’Why should I? I am a god myself.’’

‘’Such arrogance.’’

‘’I see no arrogance in my words. How can I when I speak the truth.’’

‘’You speak lies and hypocrisy-‘’

Mircea cut him off.

‘’And you speak the truth yourself?’’

Purple lighting leapt from Mircea’ eyes to strike at the Verdict, who deflected it. But it was merely a distraction for the vampire lord, who rushed up and brought his blade around. The Verdict launched a wall of fire to separate him and the vampire.

But Mircea plowed through

The Carstein lord emerged, flaming and smoking from the wall, his blade striking the surprised Verdict in the chest, a wave of black blood fell into the air were the runesword cut him.

What reckless confidence. The Verdict thought, crossing his staff and blade in front of him.. He blocked the next strike and then sent the Marshal flying back with a burst of fire from himself. The Verdict extended the staff in front of him, firing off a massive torrent of flame. The Carstein lord leapt to the side, his right forearm catching fire. Another torrent of fire crashed into him and slammed him into a nearby pillar which collapsed in a cloud of dust and stone.

The Verdict waved his staff and a half-dozen fireballs were created and launched. However a figure was already moving through the fire and smoke towards the Dreadlord.........

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
The swift demise of the wights had allowed Saul to rein in some his rage; instead of letting the best within run amok, Saul was harnessing most of its aggression and destructive power without submitting to its volatile and potentially self-destructive nature. Having been dismissed by Karl on top of the walls Saul turned away with Akarin, eager to continue the fighting.. though he was careful not to take this fight lightly; the last time he had been engaged in this kind of fighting it had been against his will and whilst Saul's soul ached for revenge, there was a bigger picture at stake.

He faced Akarin, his desire for battle evident in his voice.

"So, where do they need us?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
The Sentence sneered at Simons cockiness.

"That is your secret? Diablerie?" he laughed at the von Carstein.

"Boy drinking the blood of greater vampires is merely a path for weakling thin-bloods such as yourself to make their way towards a true ancient of real significance." he spat.

Raising a hand he drew dark energy that is saturated the air into his being.

"I've heard the most amusing phrase which I think matches your situation. Jack of all trades, Master of none." he cackled.

As he drew on the magic he contact a host of Wights not far away to begin their march towards him...just incase the battle drew out longer than he was suspecting.

The Necrarch slowly drew a small dagger from his robes as he continued to draw power from the darkness around him, his body filling with Dhar.

"And, just incase your wondering, Neferata stood higher than Vashanesh...so if we must bow to him then you better hurry yourself and swear loyalty to her." Sentence rasped, his voice filled with amusement as he raised a withered arm to point at his opponent.

"Sadly I doubt you'll last that long....so please hurry and die so I can find the Lahmian Witch."

From his finger a bolt of power flashed forth towards Simon.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Simon watched calmly as the bolt struck him head on and simply vanished into the mass of wailing souls. "Master of nothing is indeed an apt title for yourself Sentence. Afterall how can you be a master if you're in thrall to a walking and I use the term loosely corpse?" replied Simon "Now then." he said "Would you like to have another go? Or is it my turn?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Setence shook his head.

"Such arrogance young one...do you not remember our last meeting? Do you persist on the pretence that you matter? That you are more than a failed off-spring of a pathetic line?" he asked with faked sincerity.

Crossing his arms, the winds of magic roaring around him, the Necrarch grinned.

"Do your worst child."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Simon bowed "You're too kind." he replied and then vanished from Sentences sight.

Sentence looked around puzzled it wasn't like the young upstart to run from a fight. It was then that Simon appeared behind him and brought both his hands together and then smashed them into Sentence's back like a hammer. Sentence felt immense pain wash over him and he was catapulted through the air landing on the ground in a crumpled heap.

Before he could recover Simon was on him. Pinning him to the ground with his body and proceeding to deliver a number of savage punches to Sentence's face and jaws drawing blood.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Akarin tapped a finger against his face.
"The lower portion of the wall's I'd expect, it seems to be where most of the Undead are breaking through." The Assassin said.

Laying a hand lightly on Saul's shoulder he glanced at Silibar.
"Come."

The two assassins and Saul vanished in a swirl of shadow only to rematerialise in the centre of the von Carstein line, where fighting was thickest.

Akarin's blades flashed through the air protecting Saul for the few moments for him to get over the disorientation cause by Shadow-Traveling.

Silibar laughed lightly.
"I love this country ya know."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
The Sentence suffered under the surprise attack for another few moments until he released a blast of pure dark energy, blasting Simon of the Necrarch to land several feet away.

The withered sorcerer got to his feet and snarled out words of power, causing whips of dark energy to flash forwards tearing at Simon's face, although the von Carstein's own supernatural protection managed to weaken the attack somewhat.

"You are arrogant Count von Carstein, now you shall witness the true power of the Dark Arts." he hissed.

Bolts of Dark lightning leapt from Sentence's finger tips to smash into the wall of wailing spirits, pushing them back, with the von Carstein's defenses preoccupied the Necrarch launched a second attack from his left hand causing knifes of shadow to fly towards the other vampire.

Meanwhile a small troop of Wights marched up the hill almost to protect their master.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
At there werewolves howled their victory over the giant, the triumph was short lived. The losers brethren had followed in its wake and now not one but three giants bore down on them, fists and feet lashing out.

Lesa's skin was now glowing hot with the amount of magical energy she was being forced to control. The air in the ritual room had become superheated, forcing the others out, and in the crackling sphere of power, the Lahmian fought.

That amount of power could not go undeed, and for miles around wizards and magicians sensed it. However more than wizards, the rituals magic was attuned to that of the vampires........

Sheathing his blade the knight turned. The foe had been unworthy and had barely interested the warrior. Though he detested magic he could not but help feel the power that was abroad tonight, and it seemed he had come out of his seclusion at the right. Eyes thoughtful, Abhorash looked into the distance.

Neferata hissed, though whether it was in anger or trepidation she didn't know. She had not really expected the Carsteins plan to come to fruition, and with Nagash's forces interference it might not do yet. The question was whether to interfere or let things take its course....

"Master," Maastameses said, her head snapping up. The look in Nagash's eyes was enough to stop her. It was stupid to think that she would have sensed something he hadn't. Though the Liche seemed outwardly calm the thrum of energy in the room revealed his true anger.

STOP THEM NOW!!

The Dark Lord's words hammered into the minds of the Sentence and the Verdict.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Raising his hand Simon snatched at the knives of dark energy and though some of them sliced into him the others were casually deflected away. "If thats you're idea of true power Sentence then Nagash is going to be a pushover." said Simon smiling as his wounds healed. He began moving towards Sentence slowly. Giving the impression of an unstoppable force.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
STOP THEM NOW the voice of his lord hammered into the Necrarch's mind causing his concentration to slip, as such the spells directed at Simon where but a portion of their true power.

Shaking his head Sentence directed his mental energies away from the young pest towards his fellow Dreadlord.

"Verdict, we must finish this now. The count is little effort, can you make it to the ritual and stop the ressurection?" he asked but instead of waiting for an answer he simply ended the mental link.

Focusing his powers onto the army of undead he invigorated their efforts, moving the strongest Wights to attack the von Carsteins and attempt to break through.

Focusing his mind back onto the confrontation with the count the Necrarch grinned.
"You're an arrogant fool" he hissed leaping forward a dagger in his hand, but the Count easily parried the strike yet the Necrarch still grinned.
"And that shall be your death."

The troop of Wights he had summoned to his command now stood but a few paces behind Simon and with a short command from their master they charged.
The Necrarch cackled and with a swirl of Dark Magic teleported several feet away to cast spells of protection onto the wights and direct a few offensive attacks at Simon.

Akarin stood in the centre of the von Carstein line, his armour completely untouched as he cut down the useless horde infront of him, glancing to his left he saw Silibar grinning as he fought on.
Behind and above an upper wall Karl watched the combat passively, whilst terribly outnumbered the least vampire was still more powerful than the greatest of the undead force arrayed against them. Yet they had still taken casualities although no doubt it would have been worst had Karl not been pulling back soliders and replacing them regularly whilst having the few necromancers at hand heal up wounded vampires.
Raising his runeblade Karl locked his gaze onto a few of the undead horde and hissed a strange incantation, a sort of magic no other von Carstein he had met could weild. Hawks fashioned from ice flew from the sky, tearing at the Undead horde, yet Karl was not finished.
Leaning forwards he intensified the magic, his undead blood feeling like it was about to freeze, he manipulated the storm above to become a blizzard focused only ontop of the army that faced them, huge shards of ice smashed amongst them crushing dozens at random.
He didn't bother calling a thick mist although it was the last part of the spell, for these undead merely attacked forward and such a thing would hinder the von Carstein vampires more than their enemies.

Magically drained from such a great working he leant on the wall and turning to an assassin give a few new orders, to reposition a few vampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu