(to Nicholas)
"While I am sorry for the death of thine adopted father I cannot trust a Bretonnian who has turned his back on the Lady. Thy father has been taken into Her rest and thou demeaneth his faith with thy unbelief. But this is neither the time nor the place for lectures on faith. Thine obsession with this creature could be to wreak vengeance or it could be a mask for thy true nature. Perhaps thou seekest to become like him or perhaps thou already art. My suspicion of thee hath not been quenched."
Abel eyed Nicholas for a few minutes before turning to Erik.
"Thou casteth thy vote against this priest simply because he is dangerous? Is he more dangerous than the assassin? Or the soldiers amongst us? Or even thyself? I had thought thee a better judge of character than that my friend."
"While I am sorry for the death of thine adopted father I cannot trust a Bretonnian who has turned his back on the Lady. Thy father has been taken into Her rest and thou demeaneth his faith with thy unbelief. But this is neither the time nor the place for lectures on faith. Thine obsession with this creature could be to wreak vengeance or it could be a mask for thy true nature. Perhaps thou seekest to become like him or perhaps thou already art. My suspicion of thee hath not been quenched."
Abel eyed Nicholas for a few minutes before turning to Erik.
"Thou casteth thy vote against this priest simply because he is dangerous? Is he more dangerous than the assassin? Or the soldiers amongst us? Or even thyself? I had thought thee a better judge of character than that my friend."