• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

What are you listening to

Seeing these guys for the first time tomorrow night, can't wait! xD

If you can believe it they started out in the early 90's as Doom Metal.. talk about musical progression.

Nice! Hope you'll have a great time (no doubt). That song is great, my favourite from the last album.
They played it live, was awesome, hopefully you get to see them on the Distant Satellites tour.. they also played One Last Goodbye (of course), was amazing, though not quite reaching the levels of this one that I've seen online.. now this is what music from the heart is all about.

Raven Torrid

Black Knight
Parkway Drive.... I didn't read all 130 pages but does anyone listen to like metalcore and not just death metal?
Just a wee bit (tho maybe even more than death metal). Some of the bands being: Protest the Hero, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold (tho not all are metalcore to the same extent). Also heard a bit of Straight Line Stitch and Sonic Syndicate. If you are unfamiliar with some of the mentioned bands, I can link you some good songs to start with.

Just a wee bit (tho maybe even more than death metal). Some of the bands being: Protest the Hero, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold (tho not all are metalcore to the same extent). Also heard a bit of Straight Line Stitch and Sonic Syndicate. If you are unfamiliar with some of the mentioned bands, I can link you some good songs to start with.
Killswitch is alright, I've heard of Protest the Hero but I haven't really listened to them... Avenged is more hard rock than metalcore, though I do like a few of their songs I suppose. Haven't heard of the others but I'll give em a shot. I was thinking more along the lines of like Motionless in White, August Burns Red, We Came As Romans to name a few. I'm mostly into that heavy stuff, even as far as Whitechapel and Chelsea Grin. Also Attila >:)

I'm also emo :3

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Calexico - Firestorm of the Impossible Odds (from the final scene in The Guard)
The music is awesome, as well the film itself!

Yeah, Scotland maybe going independent is rather interesting, particularly vis a vis who'd come out of it better economically. Scotland's convinced it's them, but the North Sea Oil's actually not worth all that much these days, they don't have much else to bring in revenue and they want to spend a huge amount on... well, most things. A lot of the SNP's manifesto doesn't make sense. Currently, my bet's on them staying in the UK simply because it's the sensible thing to do if they want to maintain their current standard of living.

Nevertheless, what I'm listening to is this

Currently working my way through the series and wishing they had more songs as heavy/fast as this one...