• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Worst Model Ever

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I never liked the old Dark Eldar stuff. If you want to field Vect these days, I'd convert him instead of use the old ravager.

Nagash is pretty bad, though I heard that the story behind his skull was that it was sculpted to be rejected so his original head he sculpted would be forced to be used. (The bean counters didn't like it.) of course, this backfired on him and we now have the clown-prince of the undead.

Now if we're talking models that are still available for use in game, I call that the Dragon Ogres. They seriously need to redo those figures.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Oh my god, I forgot about how bad the Nagash model was.......yeah it is really bad :'( My favourite warhammer character of all time......and he looks like a twerp :(

Yeah I have got to admit the Pumbagor rates pretty high up there as being garbage, don't know what drugs they were on when they thought that would be good.

If anyone does find a decent alternative Nagash, please let me know.

I'm going to have to go with nagash as well. But on the subject of giant smiling skeletons the bone giant was pretty terrible too. Oh yeah, original dark eldar were fantastically stupid looking too. Lets take some eldar and just smear blades all over em. Yeah o_o

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
The chaos space marine lord on juggernaut is a bit of a shocker, If khorne gave me a gift like that I would take it back and get a refund.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440207a&prodId=prod1095423

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Yeah, I never liked that one either. If I played CSM (which I have half a mind to), I would probably convert a Khorne character from the epically awesome WHFB Jugger-lord.

Hate to say but Nagash. He is just so ugly and not cool ugly but fell from the ugly tree bad. Second though has to easily go to our strigoi. The pose does not speak evil it seems more shakespear playing rehersing

See!!

Raizi

Vampire Thrall
Lord_Kirick said:
Hate to say but Nagash. He is just so ugly and not cool ugly but fell from the ugly tree bad. Second though has to easily go to our strigoi. The pose does not speak evil it seems more shakespear playing rehersing

See!!

I agree on that, but it gave me a great idea for my Varghulf. http://www.flickr.com/photos/59361773@N06/6295505676/

Seriously though, I really really hate the Spirit Host models. They are so bad, that I don't want to field the units anymore. I'm about to do something about them soon. Perhaps some extensive green stuffing and a few skulls and ribcages froms skellies.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440104a&prodId=prod1050068

Abbysal

Crypt Horror
Worst model ever............anything from the NEW Grey Knights range. Awful, absolutely Awful! Those magnetised wrist storm bolters.........FM, they are possibly the worst design of any weapon! So Grey Knights/Stupid bolters stuck on a hand (including the Blood Angel variant)are my worst. Second every new model except the Cockatrice for SoM.:zombie:

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
I've got to change my vote. Just saw the original metal Necrons. HOW DID THEY GET RELEASED! they are so far beyond crap, I can't think of a word to describe them.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Nagash is the worst model ever. How he got through the design process i do not know.

Designer: Right Nagash is the badass lord of the dead, sculpt me a BIG undead lord with menace, power and nice crown.

Sculpter hears: sculpt me a blah blah undead blah clown.

However recently the razorgor is leading but they don't make many poor models now.

Undead Teapot said:
I have a new model that I can't stand...the new jabberslythe. That thing is horrible.
Well, it it supposed to turn men insane just by looking at it...

I have to say Nagash too. And it's so annoying it was nearly a decent model. Silly, silly GW bean counters.

Well, we assume it was a nice head. It could have been horrific after all!

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
In terms of the worst model of all time to assemble, it's a close contest between the Black Coach, and the sixth edition metal Empire Steam Tank. Both of them just would not stay together, and the parts didn't fit properly either.

As for the ugliest models, for Fantasy, Nagash is clearly streets ahead of any model I've ever owned, while in 40K, the metal Chaos Possessed Space Marines which were released for third/fourth edition were absolutely hideous.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Threadomancy FTW!

But on topic... For me, nothing will ever beat the monstrosity that is the Fell Bat. It looks like a dog.... with wings instead of legs... that looks like it has smashed its face against a glass window far too many times.... and then fell into a vat of Botox.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Goggalor said:
Nagash is the worst model ever. How he got through the design process i do not know.

Designer: Right Nagash is the badass lord of the dead, sculpt me a BIG undead lord with menace, power and nice crown.

Sculpter hears: sculpt me a blah blah undead blah clown.
Lol xD One for the quote generator.

That Nagash model is pretty rough on the eyes, though I agree to chalk it up as a victim of time. For a more current perspective, I'm looking at those surfing wood elf warhawk riders, with bulky bows and horns on their head.

I'll just drop this here:

http://chestofcolors.com/25-worst-miniatures-ever-made/

Good for 15 minuets of laughs, although not sure why Archaon on foot is on the list, I liked it! And the head is the same size as it is on the horse one...

I am surprised that Archaon on foot is on there as well. The large legs are just a showing of the thick armour. Even the GW Minotaurs aren't that bad. As for the rest of them... to each his own, I suppose. We can't all see a brain with insect legs and think it is a good idea.

In terms of sculpting abilities, the wet nurse is amazing. The concept on the other hand is a whole different story.

Excellent find crypt keeper, glad to see that nagash is almost universally hated...maybe it will convince gw to sculp a new one...

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Wonder how big the naked ladies are with the wetnurse, if I could get just them I could put them to good use.

The model of Ariel was horrific as well.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Silic said:
Even the GW Minotaurs aren't that bad.
Those minos made me (as a beastmen collector) very sad, along with the razorgor, jabberslythe, and the newly addopted harpies. But the ugliest miniature award definately goes to Nagash, that's just shyte!