• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Worst Model Ever

DarkSir

Skeleton
I actually kinda like the minotaurs. Not a big fan of the Jabberslythe, but the new Ghorgon is nice (though a good deal larger than the official "Giant")

Nagash is still my vote.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
The Wet Nurse is one of my favourite non gw minis out there actually.
I am surprised the minotaurs made 3rd place, they are nowhere near as bad as some of the other minis.
And I would say the sunbathing orc is worse even than nagash.

Anyone that has ever put together the old metal Scraplauncher knows how much of a PITA it was. Too many small fiddly parts with no surface area for the glue to bond... was horrific! Same with the metal Screaming Skull catapult, you need extra arms to put that thing together.

ProperGoffic

Bringing Sixy Back
True Blood
I will always reserve my deepest hate for those early-90s cavalry models that all sit bolt upright, nonchalantly holding their weapons aloft, making no effort to steer. Not even the poor ol' Red Duke escapes from that particular curse.

DarkSir said:
Yeah, Nagash looks kinda like Liberace, especially the way he's painted above. Out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a large liche-like model by another company that would make a good Nagash?
Sauron from Lord of The Rings always makes me think Nagash when I see him.

Vorpac x

Hmm... Ariel looks like she should be in a parody of Midsummer Nights Dream where the fairy queen has her head turned into a donkey...

My vote goes to all the old skeletal horse models.. They were the only reason I splashed out on Blood Knights.. I just couldn't bear to field the weird wobbly things that the black knights were riding.

ProperGoffic

Bringing Sixy Back
True Blood
Scooper396 said:
Hmm... Ariel looks like she should be in a parody of Midsummer Nights Dream where the fairy queen has her head turned into a donkey...

My vote goes to all the old skeletal horse models.. They were the only reason I splashed out on Blood Knights.. I just couldn't bear to field the weird wobbly things that the black knights were riding.
Oh man, those horses. In their defence they were fine with plastic skelliegogs on them - it was when you had to sit a metal model with some actual bulk to it atop that spindly little horse that the trouble started.

The metal black knight riders on top of the tiny plastic horses was one reason I never bought any of them. I felt that they would've looked out of place next to the newer skeletons and grave guard.