• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Zanos(Dark Elves) & Sanai (Skaven) vs Bravo_10 (Empire) & Bishop (Bretonians) Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Barring an error somewhere... (which is possible, since I don't play Empire :D ) ... here's the map

Pending 2 saves on the Warpfire Thrower...

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Barring an error somewhere... (which is possible, since I don't play Empire ) ... here's the map

Pending 2 saves on the Warpfire Thrower...

(When I tried to edit, it took the map out.. so let's try again... )

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Well, I've been epically busy for the last couple of weeks, and I've finally gotten some down time to do my WFO games. So sorry about the non-action, I'm ready to get this thing rolling again!

A few points on the shooting Bishop: for one, Trebuchets + cannons auto-hit both the mount and the rider, so we should work out wound rolls on the Plague Priest for both the direct hit from the Treb and the cannon. Doubt he'll survive both of those. Also, the Rocket Battery has a rule called "inaccurate," where you place the template initially, then roll the artillery dice. The template moves that many inches directly away from the artillery piece. Once its position has been established, you roll for full-fledged scatter. So, I think I'm gonna roll for that now on the off chance that it doesn't completely miss the Hydra. Odds still aren't good though, but I may as well see what happens...

Bravo_10

True Blood
Nope, still looks like a complete miss. Also, I'll roll to-wound against the Plague Priest. I think both Trebs and cannons are S10? If not, correct me later, but I'm gonna do 2 up wound rolls for him...

Bravo_10

True Blood
The Trebuchet smacks him in the face. If he has a ward save, he should take it before I roll multiple wounds.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Yeah, Trebs are S5 (10 under the hole).

Glad you wandered in to catch the mistakes. I don't do warmachines often... and firing at multi-part models with them even less :D

Bravo_10

True Blood
No prob! :thumbsup: So, should we move on to Turn 1 then? Or do Sanai and Zanos get to do pre-game shooting as well?

Bravo_10

True Blood
Oh, and looking at the army list, I'm pretty sure the Plague Priest doesn't have a ward save, so he'll take D6 wounds on the chin. Rolling...

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Not sure where, "praying" fit into the pre-game sequence... but I'll be doing that :D

No prob Zanos. It's just nice to see the game starting to move now. I'm taking a really long weekend this weekend (I'm off Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues :D ) So, hopefully the game keeps moving along.

Bravo_10

True Blood
Oh yeah, that's a good point. I wonder how Bretonnian praying works in this whole scheme. Pretty sure we get first turn automatically, which seems to totally conflict with the automatic last turn forced on you by the prayers...

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
It's normally in lieu of rolling to go first... which basically allows the other player to choose.

However, if the game sequence/scenario has a fixed order... I don't think that it would change anything...

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I think the attackers go first which goes perfectly with the praying. Also, agreed with bishop, I'm happy to see it moving :D

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
The attackers do indeed have their first turn now. *Jumps out of cover and yells* "CHAAAAARGGGGEE!" *Jumps back behind cover and hides*

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Should I just bring on the Knights now? :clown:

You guys seem to be growing roots, or swimming in molasses :D

Bravo_10

True Blood
Perhaps we should take a few free rounds of shooting? And maybe with a bonus to our BS because they're all standing still. xD

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I think we're still arguing on which one of us wants to charge first. We ARE the two most treacherous armies in the world, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.