• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Age of sigmar

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
To be fair, also other armies will find their banners useless.
Seraphons' banners add 1 to battleshock tests of enemy's units.
Empire's banners let their models stand on a roll of 1 on battleshock test, dwarfs' ones halve the number of fleeing models, and so on.
In skirmish, a lot of banners are underpowered or useless.

At least, Death battletrait still works. Order cannot say the same...

Regarding the wizard part, I think that Master of Black arts will become a useful command trait. A necromancer costs 22 (which is a lot), while (for example) I can field a nighthaunt warband with a banshee (16) that can cast spells, giving a save 3+ unmodifiable.
Battleshock is still taken, it's just as a warband now, so you might see some of those abilities that affect battleshock stacking.

As for Master of Black Arts, the command trait makes your general a wizard, but it doesn't say how many spells it may attempt to cast or unbind, rendering it useless. However, I wonder how Supernatural Horror is going to work. I imagine if any models from the warband are within 10" of your general during battleshock, then the entire warband is affected. I imagine Order still gets their trait, but it only applies to the warband as a whole.

It looks potentially interesting, but not enough to persuade me to buy it. It's seems like a reworked version of Mordheim to a certain extent. I just cannot get into the narrative side of Age of Sigmar. None of it is a patch on the Old World.
It's $10. It's literally the cheapest GW thing you'll ever buy directly from GW. Screw the narrative if you don't like it. It's a 45 minute game that you can play with a handful of models nearly anywhere.

It It's seems like a reworked version of Mordheim to a certain extent.
It certainly is. I'd say it's exactly the AoS version of Mordheim!

Battleshock is still taken, it's just as a warband now,
True, the order trait double roll can still be useful.

As for Master of Black Arts, the command trait makes your general a wizard, but it doesn't say how many spells it may attempt to cast or unbind, rendering it useless.
If you're a wizard the minimum is one spell, unless differently specified on the warscroll.

Last edited:

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
Pretty much every ability on the zombie warscroll doesn't work due to them all being individual units. Having all of them have a 6+ 6+ is rediculous.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
Pretty much every ability on the zombie warscroll doesn't work due to them all being individual units. Having all of them have a 6+ 6+ is rediculous.
GW has been clear about changing rules as players see fit. I'm running a campaign in a couple months and as long as warbands have the minimum number of models to required on the battlefield to get a buff from a specific warscroll, they still get it, regardless of distance.

yeah, the only reason to include zombies, is when I play at 25 pts, and I've still got 1 point.
A zombie with 6+/6+ is useful just to sit upon an objective (as in treasure hunt), but other than that, is pretty much worthless. They are guys the work on horde, and in skirmish there are no hordes.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Well, he does have a point to some extent but only to some. It does not make sense save for sending this to GW and also what I don't like is how he twists reality to suit his own vision although it is quite different. He manages to twist it and remake into something horrible or non-existing even if the point is rather good, like "New skellies? they are not for AoS, so it does not count". Bullshit.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
It is and nobody denies this, so that rant had even less practical sense. But the overall state of Death is not so terrible as it appears to be, and all in all I'd say we are fine and will be better, just need to be patient - skellies are great, Herald of Nagash is good too, so I am sure everything else comes later too. After all, we got Shadespire and quite an entertaining fluff with it too.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
SO, Malign Portents (aka "the age of hope id DEAD")

Expectations?
The age of hope is dead... but is it because GW is killing it? The hope that Death will have more variety? Or more versatile? Are they killing the hope that we get new units (outside the one)? Or is hope dead because they are going to fulfill it? That would only breed more hope, so if the banner is to be believed, then no. Or perhaps GW is simply acknowledging that Death players no longer expect any love.

As with any experienced Death player, I will wait and see. If the dead know anything, it's patience.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
I hope it would be something like Season of war, at least, or Firestorm. And that Death and Destruction get enough new stuff, which is quite probable. Fingers crossed anyway.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
There's not exactly much to go on there, given that it's such a short teaser. I think that it's wise to be cautious on that basis.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
As with any experienced Death player, I will wait and see. If the dead know anything, it's patience.
Exactly my thoughts too :)

No. That's not allowed. The Age of Hope is dead. No hoping permitted.
It is what I feared :(

There's not exactly much to go on there, given that it's such a short teaser. I think that it's wise to be cautious on that basis.
True, but it all seems to have potential.

Yes, very little to see there, but the mood is dark, the name recalls our units and the "trailer" depicts in the background the statue of an undead (at last it seems so).

...but i agree that is better to don't presume too much

Which ones are you talking about, @Unas the slayer? I can't find it on GW's page.
On GW main page there is the announcement "the age of hope is dead".
Following the link you will arrive to the site dedicated to malign portent... malignportents.com
There there is the "cinematic" i am salking about. ;)

Btw i have posted the direct link in one of my previous posts, but i am typing on the phone and so i am not able to do it again easily :(

Last edited: