• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Age of sigmar

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
That's a more promising cinematic. I would say that this is more indicative of at least some kind of focus on Death. I do hope that it's not as literal as it appears though and does not concentrate on a battle for a possessed village.

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Does anyone know any more information on the soul wars? From what I've read, black library are doing a series of books under that title next year but there isn't much more to go on.
Also general consensus on TGA seems to be death are getting something in march, as this ties in with the release of the undying king novel and a new neferata novel although that's been taken off the website now.
Would like to wish everyone a happy new year!

Malign Portents has been revealed... sort of. It's an ongoing project.

"Malign Portents isn’t just a website – it’s a continuing narrative that’ll allow you to take part in the most radical changes to Warhammer Age of Sigmar since the Storm of Sigmar. New empires will rise, war will rage and there are some surprises to look forward to"

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
So GWs had a countdown timer for the malign portents for about 3 weeks. Once the clock hit zero, they tell us we have to wait six more weeks. It must be a destruction update because GW is trolling hard.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
On the plus side, I don't have to worry about about buying new models AND school books. On the down side, there's bound to be six more weeks of super ambiguous "hype." Even my LGS said that GW wants them to order Malign Portents but is giving up zero info about it actually is.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
No problem. I've talked to more than one Death player who missed that Death itself is one of the six factions in the book.

Borgnine

Staff member
It looks also like the cape of one of the new plague marines from the starter box, so while I'm also hopeful, it doesn't really mean that much. But there's another rumor engine that depicts something that looks like a part of a gibbet - I think it's more promising. If that's not a terrain piece, of course ;)

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
I guess this is possible, so fingers crossed. If Morathi and Alarielle already have, than with other major elven releases I think we can expect them too.