• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
The rumor buzz suggests that 'Soulblight Gravelords' is a replacement for the narratively defunct Legions of Nagash, collecting the remaining non-ossiarch, non-nighthaunt, non-FEC undead in am oldhammer vamp counts style 'Vampire commanders & elites and their lesser undead minions" type book. Basically vampires, nectomancers, wights, skeletons, & zombies.

A new vampire lord is confirmed. Personally I like it overall, but have some nitpicks, and opinions online are mixed. New plastic blood knights and zombies are rumored but not yet confirmed. That may be it for new models outside of underworlds & maybe some War Cry stuff. If it is, that would still be more new model kits than most 2e AoS updates of 1e AoS & Oldhammer factions have seen.

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
Like a true vampire I have been roused from my eternal slumber ready to once again play AOS with the onset of true vampires returning
A vampire warband, a undead vs hunter mini game plus a new undead AOS army that actually will include vampire 2021 seems like it shall be a good year

FB_IMG_1611426913004.jpg FB_IMG_1611426892387.jpg FB_IMG_1611427016953.jpg FB_IMG_1611426905950.jpg

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I really like the Crimson Court, it is a nice comeback to WFB vampires. Guy in the red armor could be a modernized Vlad and the one with the big mace looks almost like Mannfred. I am definitely getting those!

Reactions: Count michael

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
The vampiress models looks interesting and I like the pose and the swords, but her head is just too feral for my tastes. There is a very good conversion in that model though if someone could find a more seductive head/face to mount on that torso.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
More previews up of the quest box and damn these guys are amazing
Like seriously give me a full bonerattle army like this and I'll be happy, perfect for using in D&D as well since mostly play a necromancer character who summons lots of skeletons

Also damn that artwork is amazing
dzHwau02Znxh89dE.jpg
FB_IMG_1612459075733.jpg

Last edited:

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
So hype for this game. It looks fantastic. Fingers crossed that this stuff is a preview of what's to come with the Gravelords faction.

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
I agree. Between the Underworlds warbands like Sepulchral Guard, Grymmwatch, and Crimson Court, and the Cursed City models that we have seen so far, Warhammer Undead are in for an amazing overhall.

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
It looks like on Saturday we will get to see some more models for Quest.

did9voWtGt86z9TO.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com...ne-is-coming-and-its-a-mortal-realms-special/

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
During the stream, the Wight King was referred to as a Soulblight model several times. So it looks like Soulblight Gravelords is the new LoN.

Last edited:

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
FB_IMG_1613857436363.jpg FB_IMG_1613857433985.jpg FB_IMG_1613857431693.jpg FB_IMG_1613857428815.jpg FB_IMG_1613857423637.jpg FB_IMG_1613857421378.jpg FB_IMG_1613857419183.jpg FB_IMG_1613857417211.jpg FB_IMG_1613857415059.jpg FB_IMG_1613857412509.jpg FB_IMG_1613857408088.jpg FB_IMG_1613857405631.jpg
Better pics of the new undead stuff from the box
I can get over how amazing the detail on every model is, even the zombies are great and so much better thanks the horrible one ones or even the newer poxwalkers this year is going to be amazing for us with undead and I hope the new undead army is full of models that share this aesthetic which so far with the teased vampires and wight king look like they are
FB_IMG_1613857902838.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1613857900349.jpg
    FB_IMG_1613857900349.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 9

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, those are some spectacular models. The Wight King especially is exciting for me, not least of all because I wasn't sure "wight king on skeletal steed" was going to continue to be an option going forward. It's also just a fantastic model in its own right, very evocative of the classic Warhammer Armies: Undead artwork and aesthetic, just updated to take advantage of GW's improved model making abilities. There's distinct, recognizable elements brought forward not just from the old metal mounted wight king (the helmet, the shield emblem), but also from other classic undead models. The steed's barding takes queues from the old Red Duke model in particular. This is the kind of faithful, almost reverential update of a classic model to spectacular new heights that till now had been mostly reserved for faction-defining special characters like Abaddon the Despoiler. Seeing that kind of effort and care lavished on a relatively minor character model like the Wight King is the kind of move that makes me feel very optimistic about the upcoming Gravelords faction.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
QpJDy0OgPdkZPTD5.jpg
Another awesome looking vampire model

"This well-dressed fellow hails from the Vyrgos Dynasty of Soulblight Vampires. As you can probably tell from his fancy attire, Kritza was once counted among the nobility of Ulfenkarn (which you can read about in our first Cursed City crier). Unfortunately, his attempts to secretly undermine the lord of the land led him to an ill fate, and he was horribly mauled by Radukar the Wolf.

Against all odds, Kritza escaped by heaving himself into a Corpse Cart and playing dead among the lifeless bodies it carried. He sustained his ravaged body by feasting upon the blood of the rats he found gnawing on the corpses stowed alongside him. Kritza soon discovered he’d unwittingly been granted the Blood Kiss by his ferocious assailant and was slowly evolving into one of the Soulblight.

You may have noticed the Rat Prince’s fabulous (or should that be verminous?) cloak and somewhat murine appearance. Well, it appears that his unorthodox transformation into a vampire had some unusual side-effects. In addition to being accompanied by his ‘vermintide’ of rats – both living and undead – Kritza can transform into a swarm of rodents to evade his foes"

The dynasty part intrigues me, oh God I can't wait for the army to be out already even just looking through the army book will be amazing with all the lovely new lore about vampires in age of sigmar will be great

Also this comment
Screenshot_20210302-061241_Facebook.jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu