• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Oklahoma, whazzat? =-)

Ohhhhh, them guys up north that wanted to be Texans, but came along too late? I see now.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Im gunna rp an aussie as well, as I have never been anywhere else. Going to base some parts of him on me, and make some parts up. I am not easily offended, but I also will not telll you which parts are me and which parts are fiction.

Name: Cal Allente
Height: 6'2
Build: Lanky, tall and skinny
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eyes: Once bluish gray. Now terribly scarred. Cal Allente is Blind.
Place of Birth: Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
Home: near Perth, in Western Australia
Personality: Cal Allente is very introspective, passionate and creative person. He loves art and music, and is very friendly. He has moved around the country alot in his youth, due to his father being a pilot in the air force. This caused him to be sometimes ill adjusted as a child, due to his fathers postings causing him to have few long term friends. He loves animals, and when he finished school, he started studying to work in the vetinary industry. However, a few days before his 19th birthday, Cal Allente was involved in a car accident, when he had just gotten his full license. At an intersection, the traffic lights malfunctioned, causing his car to hit another in the side. His eyes were pierced by broken glass in this accident, and two people in the other vehicle, and one of his friends in his own car were killed. The doctors were unable to fix his eyes, and he is now blind.

How does that look? A blind character should make for some interesting rolepaly :p Especially one living with that kind of guilt and regret.

Also, how does magic work in this? Where is this set? What is the actual setting? Is it some kind of coven? A school?

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
Ohhhhh, them guys up north that wanted to be Texans, but came along too late? I see now.
Why would we want to join a bunch of pansies? We weren't the ones who backed down in the Shootout! :P
Though, technically speaking, most of our population's ancestors where here before Texas or Oklahoma even existed...

Cool character Sanai.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Thanks Count Erick.
Okay, heres a few more details for my char

-Plays piano. Has gotten pretty good at it since going blind.
-Due to being blind, relies on his hearing. So he has pretty sharp ears. This of course is a double edged sword, seeing as how being unable to see is a big disadvantage.

Is there anything you guys reckon I should change?

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Sanai said:
How does that look? A blind character should make for some interesting rolepaly :p Especially one living with that kind of guilt and regret.
I don't have an issue with any of that. What do you ues to compensate? Seeing eye dog, or a guide? Walking stick and memorization?
Sanai said:
Also, how does magic work in this? Where is this set? What is the actual setting? Is it some kind of coven? A school?
Getting this question a lot. Magic will work differently than other games you're accustomed to; thats all I'll say.
Set in Toronto, Canada.
No coven, no school... although if you go to school, thats fine.

Are you stationed on Base Borden then? It's a fairly large training facility (15000 personnel trained per year). We can say your father is there as a training instructor. It's about 1hr north of Toronto (100km).

I've personally been on that base, and they have a large facility there. Would be a good reason to stay! In the meantime you could have an apartment or something in the city for schooling.

Being blind is HUGE disadvantage. Sure you wouldn't want to be deaf or something instead?

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
I want to start sometime this week or next weekend.

Since story revolves around characters, I'll need people to flesh out their characters hopefully this week.

Knightofni, I'll be around on the weekend to help with your character; I'll be in and out, but at night I should be around. We'll bat some ideas around.

I'd also like people to add a little something that they're good at, excel at.

Also, you need to have a job, or some means of sustaining yourself. Family money, loans, school scholarship, etc.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I have pretty much got my character ready in my mind now. Went off totally on another tangent to properly RP someone who is not my normal style, give myself a challenge. Will be posting it up after I have eaten my enchiladas...yum!

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Not a character question as such but I wasn't sure which thread to ask the questions in.

A) How is the magic ability thingy triggered?
B) Is the population at large aware of people with magic abilities?
C) If yes, then how well does the population react to people with magic abilities?

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
You have no details on how magic abilities are triggered.
The population knows about magic just as much as you or I (ie. they don't)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Name: William Gardiner
Height: 5'8
Build: Lithe body, broad shoulders.
Hair Colour: Dark brown almost black, starting to go grey around the temples.
Eyes: Brown
Place of Birth: Leeds, Yorkshire, England.
Home: Apartment in RP town (Toronto?)

History:
William grew up in a middle class family, neither rich nor poor. He was an only child, but unlike other similar children he was never spoilt. His father was somewhat distant, and his mother whilst loving believed that here goal was to raise her child to be able to look after themselves when they grew up. As such he was taught things from an early age, always offered help but never had things done for him that he could do himself. This self sufficiency became more prominent in his teens, and he was always planning, making sure that things that needed to be done were done. It was around this time he started intermittently studying martial arts, in an attempt to improve his self image and tone up his very slim body. In school he did well achieving most A grades during school, and then went on to study advanced English due to his love of reading, and his desire to be writer.

Around this point he reached a dark part of his life, though not normally what would be considered. William did not got off the rails etc, but some of his friends did and it was his loyalty that dragged him down with them. He was always there, trying his hardest to help them, but in the end he became more involved that he should have been.......(this part to remain hidden for now). During whatever happened he damaged his left thigh and hip, resulting in a noticeable limp. He has used a walking stick ever since.

Fast forward to current date and William is now living in Toronto. Having already written one book which received a modest reception, he as managed to secure a publisher for the sequel.

Current Status:
As mentioned William is living in an apartment, small and one bedroomed. It has a living area that has the kitchen area at one end. It is comfortably furnished, and it has some of the latest equipment such as a large TV, PC etc. Monetary wise the bulk of his money has slowly dissolved, supporting him as he writes his sequel or spent on his apartment. He still has enough to support a reasonable lifestyle for now. He has a 10 year old Vauxhall / Opel Omega, that whilst old runs fine at the moment. He has got a close knit community of friends that he sees from time to time, however he also spends a lot of time in solitude. His most pressing concern at the moment is that he is suffering an extreme case of writers block and the first draft of his novel was due over two weeks ago.

Health / Fitness
William does exercise two to three times a week. He dislikes excess fat, though he also dislikes muscles. As such he is toned and lithe. He still practises the martial art techniques taught in his younger days, and has surprisingly fast reflexes and apart from his left leg, is quite supple and agile. However is lacks raw strength that bulkier men have.
His main problem in his left leg. Damage to his hip and thigh have left it stiff and it generally aches. If used excessively it can also cause William pain. He normally walks with a wooden cane / walking stick to compensate for this.
Everything else, vision, hearing etc are all normal.

Personality
The first that strikes most people about William is how calm and reserved he is. He does not react to insults, refuses to get drawn into arguments, and at times seems to not care and be cold. He always tries to think and plan, always tried to talk things through. He values truth and honesty, yet he also knows there are times when it is not prudent to tell the full truth.
For all this coldness, it does not mean he doesn't care. Underneath he does, before what happened to him made him hide it away. Those who are closest have come to recognise the signs though. The slight raise of his lips would be a burst of laughter from a normal person, a blink of surprise outright shock.
Though he would never admit it he does harbour desires of meeting a women and settling down. He does meet women from time to time, however most find it difficult to get close to someone who hides their feelings so much, and as such they have not worked out.

Well that is it so far, might flesh out the history etc a bit more once I have thought a bit longer.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Schweet. Colt and William will probably get along pretty well. I'm liking the way this is looking, really.

Evanm7

Grave Guard
Nov 14, 2009
Name: Draco Malcolm. (Latin and Scottish!)
Place of Origin: Patras, Greece, Europe.

Draco has been described as an idiot, a wanna-be, and many other derogatory things.

Needless to say, he's not. As a young boy, Draco was a child of divorced parents. Both the parents lived in the same town, in Greece. As soon as Draco went to primary school, all his teachers noticed him as someone who was scared of the rules. They noticed that Draco never acted out, had mostly high grades, and always did what his teachers told him. It was a decidedly queer thing.

At Draco's entering into fifth grade, he began to take a great interest in computers. By Ianuários (January), Draco's computer class grades were a steady A+; he won a medal and a scholarship for his knowledge, and his parents entered him into a basic coding course.

Then came sixth grade. Draco was already preparing for middle school and then came the gradation. Draco ascended when his name was called...

The teacher called out a list of scholarships and money that Draco had won.
Traveling- North America.
Technology- 540 Euros.
Entrance into Thessaloniki Science Center and Technology Museum.

Draco and his family were overwhelmed. None of it was useful now, though.

From then on, Draco was a normal boy with a interest in the Modern, the current. Gymnasia 1 passed. Then Gymnasia 2. Then Draco was flying into the Thessaloniki Science Center and Technology College.

Draco passed, then got a job as a computer assistant until he was 25. Draco then received the 540 Euros and traveling degree. He used the degree to travel to Toronto, Canada. Once there, Draco rented an apartment with a roommate named Scarlett.

Draco has now lived in Toronto for two years.
He has moved out of the apartment and has a modest flow of income coming from a book called 'Randomness' which contained 300 completely random facts, his job as a Computer engineer, and his side-job as a developer of mods and other add-ons for several games.

Current Status:
Has been in Toronto for 2 years.
Modest income.
Wrote a book.

Jeez, I can speedtype.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
Name: Arron Gracen
Height: 5'6
Build: Lithe body, broad shoulders.
Hair Colour: Dark brown almost black,
Eyes: Green, blue, yellow. (these are my actual eyes and they hypnotize people!
Place of Birth: New castle, Australia
Current location: Apartment in RP town

History:
Arron was born in new south wales in Australia and lived there for the first five years of his life. After his grand parents dyed he and his mother father and new baby son moved away from the busy, dirty city and moved north to warmer seas. Arron was always a perculer child and had a different way of looking at things in his life. He believed in the impossible and would get lost in a forest near by his Queensland home the forest was a source of inspiration through his child hood and in turn pushed away others people and sought friendship with other strange people like himself.

for ten years he explored this strange forest, learning and thinking and fighting. Until his parents split apart and the house was sold. His opinion of people was less than gracious after years of abandonment because of his strange behavior. His sense of love was more like a devotion and the his first encounter was filled with doubt and distress and in the end was born to fail.

His school life was mildly productive and he enjoyed the company of his favorite teachers sometimes more than his friends. In fact he enjoyed all manner of interesting people and never shied away form engaging one of these fascinating people in some form of conversation. He would have been best described as an air head enjoying music and the world around him more than maths or English which he paid little attention in. After school he went on to become a musician excelling at the violin and acoustic guitar he studied and taught others to pay rent. and writing in his spare time on an warhammer forum.

He soon moved away from Australia to travel the world and see the sights with his friend Greg Jewlen an intellectual and all around lazy guy he and Arron have traveled for about 2 years looking for their purpose in life.

I thought it best to write about myself so this is sort of me the alternative version :mrgreen:

Still unsure if I should join this role play but if someone wants to be my room mate and travel companion just ask. other wise ill role play his actions and kill him off some how later on.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Grish, I like the challenge of a blind character. He will utilise a seeing eye dog.
Can I have him on the base as an instructor in dog handling?
Also, I think I might change his age to about 23 or perhaps older. He has been a dog handler for one year at the base, and then had the car accident. He has been retained despite his blindness due to his skill at working with the animals and because he has convinced his superior he can manage it, but has been switched to an instructors position due to his blindness.
How does that look?

Evanm7

Grave Guard
Nov 14, 2009
Sania, I once RPed a blind character. Here was one of my posts:

Mallues Foxhorn walked down the streets, cane swinging out before him. He'd gotten rid of Avvi well enough (OOC: and no he's not really implying that he's killed her since she hasn't replied back) and was now once again alone. He still played the blind man though, but only because people seemed less suspicious of him that way.

They talked more around those that they thought illiterate and though Malleus was far from that, he was blind and thus seen as such in most people's eyes. Good thing only a select few knew that he wasn't helpless even if he was blind. He'd learned early on in his life to 'open up' his other senses past the average. Placing people through sounds was one of those skills. Another was expanding his sense of smell. Everyone he learned, how their own scent. Some smelled of civilization, others smelled of the woods. Though it wasn't as reliable as placing them through their voice, it helped the elimination process with those voices that were more similar than different.

He felt with his cane though he 'saw' with his ears and nose, and made his way into the nearest tavern. He brought his drink to a back table and listened to the chatter, placing where objects and people were as he did. His memory was fantasical and soon he had the whole room mapped out to his liking.

Once that was accomplished, he listened more to the words than the actual sounds, and though his physical appearance showed nothing, he tensed at his name. He knew neither the voice and in here, couldn't make out their scent, so was doubly on guard. He'd spent half his time running from people it seemed and he frowned into his cup, even as his lips twitched in a smile.

He'd wait in here and listen some more he decided before making his back to the Family. After of course, he finished his business in Araluen. He had someone to take care of before he went and would finish his business, with or without being tracked by someone so close.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
@Sanai: A blind character has some pretty hefty penalties associated with it. If you like the idea of playing a blind character, I'm not going to stop you, but be aware that he will have significant penalties at mundane tasks. They are disabled people. I honestly think you should not start with a blind person. Any kind of mission or task that involves assault or anything like that, you will have a tough time participating in without being a handicap for yourself and your team. If you wish to become blind in the future, you could always roll it into a story.

@Nightwere: I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say your character explored the forests fighting. What was he fighting? Also, a key note of your character is that he was 'strange'. Care to extrapolate on that, or will it become apparent via roleplaying?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
OK moved my character over to the proper thread, though it has become apparent that this RP will be a sausage fest :(

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
Disciple of Nagash said:
OK moved my character over to the proper thread, though it has become apparent that this RP will be a sausage fest :(

Don't think that has ever stopped you before..xD

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
The Gunhearts are all men, but not much choice really when it comes to Space Marines unless you want to be a Sister of Battle.

As for the TVC, no, there are loads of characters. My main character is a Lahmian named Lesa who is the most powerful wizard on the Council, and has personally kicked the crap out of a lot of the Council (ah the time she was controlled by Rask and set on the Council xd )

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Ok characters that are in so far:
Grish
Onikaigo
Evanm7
AsdrubaelWho
Disciple of Nagash
Knightofni
Sanai

We're waiting on:
DreadGrass
Mr Nightwere

Evanm7

Grave Guard
Nov 14, 2009
Disciple of Nagash said:
The Gunhearts are all women, but not much choice really when it comes to Space Marines unless you want to be a Sister of Battle.

Typo? :vampire2:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu