• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC General OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
1,384
I wonder if Spiny is still alive and dear god the bio I made is ...le sigh xD I will edit it at some point orrrr just forget about it as I do like to do!
 

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
3,534
Do people still want to try and sort out "mini-GMs" (or something to that effect) to help with administrative issues like approving characters? I feel that way DoN can get on with the story.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
495
Woot! We are back!

Edit: DoN, is coming up to the camp, looking upon it, describing how big it is, then having you make up the specifics of how many, where veky is, and those details good?
 

Kavok

Wight King
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
438
Hey, glad to see this starting back up again. Can't wait to get back into it, though not sure how well I'll be able to recapture my character's exact personality (or at least how it was going). I should be able to go very similar at least, but there may end up being some small differences. So if you end up noticing something, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
281
Yeah, it's been a while and I'll have to get into the exacts again, but I am looking forward to it!
Time to raise this RP back from the dead! :zombie3:

Also, nice work on compiling all those bios, Dread! Would make it all seem a lot clearer.
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFeond.gif&hash=68b558748495f59bab7f950b74eed8e3



Kavok, I know precisely how you feel because I get it all the time, and in fact am feeling it right now. However, I know from experience that it only takes a few posts to get right back into the swing of things... after all, it was you who came up with the character in the first place!
 

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
5,517
real life is about to go crazy for me I need to get to a boring talking part so it doesn't matter if my characters talk or not
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
All of us, without exception, have to be understanding of everyone else's time constraints. No-one will mind if your life turns hectic and you can't post, but you need to show the same patience in return.
 

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Joined
Sep 29, 2013
Messages
1,570
"Greetings, Council. I have observed your movements, and I feel that now is the best time to join you. I will lend support to you, and assist wherever I can."

Normal. I have been reading the TVC and TVC II for a while, and I have decided that I would like to join this great adventure. I know that things are a little 'slow' right now, but I can wait until things have picked up again if you like. I'll post my character in the sign-up thread, and then see where we're going from there. I'm hoping for great enjoyment, plenty of fun, and a very long commitment.

P.S. DoN remember I sent you a P.M. and am awaiting a reply. Nothing urgent, of course, but just so you remember.
 

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
3,534
Ghouly said:
real life is about to go crazy for me I need to get to a boring talking part so it doesn't matter if my characters talk or not
"Boring talking part"? Ghouly this is roleplay. Talking is one of the most, possibly the most important parts of the TVC. It's where character development and plot advancement comes from, not just a filler to go in between the battles.
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
Don't worry Vashra, DoN is just starting to catch up with things so you hopefully shouldn't have too longto wait. However he has said in the past to poke him about pending PMs because his inbox gets so swamped.

And I must concur with everything Darvy is saying. Roleplay is all about the "boring talking part" - creating your character, becoming your character, and, most importantly, seeing how your character interacts with everyone else's. Combat is of course essential to a story such as this, but the development and interaction of the characters is just as, if not more, important to the roleplay as a whole.
 

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
4,036
Count Darvaleth said:
"Boring talking part"? Ghouly this is roleplay. Talking is one of the most, possibly the most important parts of the TVC. It's where character development and plot advancement comes from, not just a filler to go in between the battles.
Going to have to second(third?) this. We had too heavy an emphasis on the battles in TVC1 IMO, hopefully that would change now.
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
Feedback for Count Vashra: I must disagree with Shareya in that the background does not seem that incredulous, and in any case, there is nothing wrong with an unlikely bio in this role-play. The only problem I see is that a srudent wouldn't really receive the nickname 'Master of Shadows' ('living shadow' maybe) - perhaps a moniker he received later in his life/unlife. Also, how the Lahmian acted: this is by no means my area of expertise, but I don't think they are particularly prone to sexual desire themselves, and they tend to have more assertive personalities, so it might be better for the Lahmian to force the blood kiss on your character (which seems more likely considering his hatred for vampires). Why the Lahmian cane and why your character hates vampires are both mysteries in your backstory (most certainly a good thing) that can and should be explored later on. Finally, I absolutely love the angle of a vampire against vampires, and I can tell your character will be extremely interesting both to role-play and interact with.
 

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
9,239
Harland said:
Feedback for Count Vashra: I must disagree with Shareya in that the background does not seem that incredulous, and in any case, there is nothing wrong with an unlikely bio in this role-play. The only problem I see is that a srudent wouldn't really receive the nickname 'Master of Shadows' ('living shadow' maybe) - perhaps a moniker he received later in his life/unlife. Also, how the Lahmian acted: this is by no means my area of expertise, but I don't think they are particularly prone to sexual desire themselves, and they tend to have more assertive personalities, so it might be better for the Lahmian to force the blood kiss on your character (which seems more likely considering his hatred for vampires). Why the Lahmian cane and why your character hates vampires are both mysteries in your backstory (most certainly a good thing) that can and should be explored later on. Finally, I absolutely love the angle of a vampire against vampires, and I can tell your character will be extremely interesting both to role-play and interact with.
Agreed with most of Har's points, one reason the Lahmian might have sired your guy is simply for another pawn, perhaps she had planned to use him in some scheme of hers?
Your character looks awesome Vash :)

One thing I would just state is with a weapon skill of 5 (5 being average for a Vampire Lord) I wouldn't call him poor at fighting, 5 is infact quite skilled. It's just no in the uber realms of the super martial vamps.
 

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
5,517
only problem I see is Lahmains aren't supposed to turn men, the Lahmain who turned you sounds like a rouge.

also Harland Graveclaw has been against Vampires from the start.


and the talking parts are where Sylvie is at her best, they don't really matter with Graveclaw
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
Ghouly said:
only problem I see is Lahmains aren't supposed to turn men, the Lahmain who turned you sounds like a rouge.
This sounds like a good point, but as I said I don't know a great deal about vampire lore.

also Harland Graveclaw has been against Vampires from the start.
From what I can tell, Graveclaw just doesn't like them. This guy wants to destroy them.

and the talking parts are where Sylvie is at her best, they don't really matter with Graveclaw
I can see that the talking parts would be quite difficult for a character who doesn't say a great deal. Perhaps make him more talkative (understandably, this may simply not be in his character) or just wait for the right moment. But yes, I can see your dilemma.
 

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
5,517
Harland said:
From what I can tell, Graveclaw just doesn't like them. This guy wants to destroy them.

and the talking parts are where Sylvie is at her best, they don't really matter with Graveclaw
I can see that the talking parts would be quite difficult for a character who doesn't say a great deal. Perhaps make him more talkative (understandably, this may simply not be in his character) or just wait for the right moment. But yes, I can see your dilemma.
Graveclaw spends his entire existence hunting down and eating other Vampires, when he is the last he is going to commit suicide


It's not in Graveclaws nature to talk, that's something I've been doing wrong, Graveclaw is my secondary character at least till you newbies catch up
 

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,996
Ghouly said:
Harland said:
From what I can tell, Graveclaw just doesn't like them. This guy wants to destroy them.

and the talking parts are where Sylvie is at her best, they don't really matter with Graveclaw
I can see that the talking parts would be quite difficult for a character who doesn't say a great deal. Perhaps make him more talkative (understandably, this may simply not be in his character) or just wait for the right moment. But yes, I can see your dilemma.
Graveclaw spends his entire existence hunting down and eating other Vampires, when he is the last he is going to commit suicide
Really? I haven't seen any evidence of that (it isn't in his bio). Was this what he did in the TVC I? because he hasn't been slaughtering the other vampires so far...


It's not in Graveclaws nature to talk, that's something I've been doing wrong, Graveclaw is my secondary character at least till you newbies catch up
"till you newbies catch up"
catch up with what? o.o
 

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
1,384
Lahmians need permission ( most of the time ) before they sire a childe and said childe is very carefully picked. And almost NEVER EVER EVER male.
A childe will also be under her or his Sire's power for at least the initial part of his unlife. Meaning early backstabbery/killing will not be happening.
Even if the childe after some time by some mirracle killed off his Mistress then the Sisterhood would hunt him down or at least put a quick stop from him somehow building up some spy network of such power.

And no I am not saying this to be mean or anything but if I look at the fluff and such a story I just don't think it would work at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top