• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
I think Ghouly's idea that this is a rogue Lahmian solves pretty much all of those, with the exception of

A childe will also be under her or his Sire's power for at least the initial part of his unlife. Meaning early backstabbery/killing will not be happening.

It is up to Count Vashra how he solves this - perhaps Nikolaus is mysteriously resistant, perhaps he was enthralled, but overcame it.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Count Darvaleth said:
Do people still want to try and sort out "mini-GMs" (or something to that effect) to help with administrative issues like approving characters? I feel that way DoN can get on with the story.

Yes, but we need DoN's approval and vote towards who should be a mini-GM. I would personally go for choosing the highest voted 3-5 users and rank them as mini-GMs (if I was DoN), and then decide what their responsibilities will be.

In regards to Count Vashra's character:

I think this feedback should be in the feedback thread, guys, as that's what it's for, though it's largely ignored now (hence I don't get much feedback for how I'm RPing Morty and Defiance :( ). You'll find feedback on your character from me there, Vashra (it's in the OOC section; a thread in a list below the OOC thread itself). That said, you've got a good bio there. :thumbsup:

Edit: darn! ninja'd by Harland!

Edit 2: it was ghouly who talked about rogue vampires, and I've updated the list of links to TVC II bios (on page 204 of this thread) with the addition of Count Vashra's bio.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Dread, I think the feedback thread was designed to give feedback to existing members, although I might be wrong. I believe this is thread we have used in the past. Now, I shall proceed to give feedback on your feedback, Dread.

The Dread King said:
Here's some feedback for count Vashra's new character, Niklaus:

Vashra, you may want to increase your character's age as a vampire, because (a)he's quite powerful for a relatively - he's got some very high stats compared to some of the older vampires, not that this is a bad thing, but just that some players may find it more reasonable if he's a bit older, (b) he managed to kill his own sire (whilst this is possible, it takes careful planning and willpower built up over some time - note that it's not unreasonable, though, in my opinion, as he could have built up resistance against vampires in his mortal life), (c) he's built up a spy network. Spy networks take a bit of time to build, and whilst Morty (my character) managed to construct a fortress in a decade, he had thousands of undead servants to do the work for him, and no witch hunters nearby to attack him (he built it in the Badlands) whereas your character would not only need to avoid witch hunters, get used to vampirism and the thirst for blood, and individually meet people who could join his spy network and negotiate with them (or send sentient mortal servants reliable enough to do the work for him), he would also have to be avoiding the vampires who might notice his notice his network and try to sabotage it/kill him.

I'm not saying your bio isn't likely, it's just that there are some parts (I've specified some, other users have specified others) that you should justify/go into more detail on. Like the spy network:

- How does it work?
- Where is it based?
- Etc.

You might want to go into even more detail on it in the Organisation thread. Also, an example of a justification:

- Niklaus had always despised vampires because of the looming shadow of his sister's death by one: she was found with two bite marks in her neck, drained of blood. Not knowing the woman was one, he succumbed to the rogue Lahmian's manipulation (she had abandoned the Sisterhood to pursue her own interests, and so was pursued by Neferata's servants: she wanted a potent shadowmancer like Niklaus on her side to hide her from the killers that would inevitably come for her). To his horror, Niklaus soon realised that he had become a vampire, yet not all hope was lost. He resolved to kill the Lahmian, despite the apparent sway she held over him, and so deceived her by pretending to be little more than a mindless pawn, whilst in reality he built up mental resistance towards his sire's power over him. One night (and then you can talk about him killing her, etc.)

Of course, your explanation doesn't have to be anywhere near this long, Vashra, nor does it have to be anything like this: I just wanted to show you how going in-depth can really help players understand your character,

1. An alternative to increasing his age would be decreasing his stats. It's the fact that he's an anti-vampire vampire spy master that makes him interesting, we have plenty of combat lords around.

2. For this reason, I completely agree with describing more about the spy network.

3. 100 years is plenty of time to set up an established spy network, otherwise how would humans do it?

3. I'm not sure if this is your intention, but I see no need for us to know every detail of Niklaus' backstory - every character needs some mystery. Why does he hate vampires? This is what character development is for, folks. Why did that Lahmian drop by? Perhaps even he doesn't know.

I have a further issue of my own: I think Niklaus' generation should be lower than 3. Firstly, this is a very early generation for a vampire of only a 100 years, and Secondly, a 2nd generation Lahmian is not very likely to go rogue at all, and would be much harder to overcome, both mentally and physically.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
Hence I made Nimrais 5th gen.
Her sire was male, but he's pretty much dead on sight if the sisterhood spots him (if they bothered to look). His sire was put to death for turning a male.
I'm sure the sisterhood knows about Nimrais' existence, being sired by a male and all. Not sure how they would react to Nimrais.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
But her sire was not, that's my point. And I explained how it came to be that her sire was male (and thus the high generation).
First gen is Neferata herself, I believe. Second gen would be anyone who Neferata sires. I doubt very much any of those would sire a male, atleast not without some grand scheme. Third seemed more likely, so that makes Nimrais' sire already 4th gen.

Also, I doubt being a female Lahmian sired by an unauthorized male Lahmian would sit well with her Highness :tongue:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Dark_Wolfen said:
But her sire was not, that's my point. And I explained how it came to be that her sire was male (and thus the high generation).
First gen is Neferata herself, I believe. Second gen would be anyone who Neferata sires. I doubt very much any of those would sire a male, atleast not without some grand scheme. Third seemed more likely, so that makes Nimrais' sire already 4th gen.

Also, I doubt being a female Lahmian sired by an unauthorized male Lahmian would sit well with her Highness :tongue:

Same applies really. If she was hunted, ignored or even accepted all comes down to her usefulness or what threat she poses.
Also quite possible that some female Lahmian would have snatched her up and taken her into her care, yada yada.

Point is, Lahmians do have a super spy network but said network focuses on big city's and other locations of interest and naturally it's power like with all things is limited. So if she is a subtle one that causes no problems she would probably be ignored.

Edit:

Also count it's starting to look good :) Do remember that Lahmians don't kill when they feed. Something that he could have been disgusted with instead is that she quite brutally manipulated and used anyone around her and ruined lives etc etc without batting a eyelash.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
All right, Vashra, it's looking good :cool:. I look forward to interacting with him.

Last thing to mention: make sure to link to your character bio in your signature (like myself and Dark_Wolfen). You don't really need to do this until you're actually in it, though.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Harland said:

Last thing to mention: make sure to link to your character bio in your signature (like myself and Dark_Wolfen). You don't really need to do this until you're actually in it, though.

you don't got to do this unless you want to

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Ghouly said:
whats the point though?

If someone sees a user and goes "Hey, I wonder if this person's in the TVC II! And I wonder what character they're playing!", it can be convenient to have a bio linked in to their signature, so that people can see who RPs which character(s) easily without having to trawl through the signup thread.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Makes it easier to look up others characters when your interacting.

Say they're fighting or casting a spell, or moving really fast or whatever then you can compare to your own character to see how they precieve it from their perspective.

E.g. Dieter is fighting at top speed but to a powerful Lahmian it wouldn't look that quick.

Also it's just generally convenient.

Edit: Curses Ninja'd

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Link added. Though you will need to scroll down a bit to find Niklaus.

I too am looking forward to seeing how he interacts with everyone else-especially considering his cold manner and hatred of Vampires. He may snap at a crucial point (i.e. let his hatred of Vampires overwhelm his desire to complete the mission)...

P.S. DoN: Remember that I have sent you a PM, and am awaiting a response through PM. Nothing urgent, of course, but just so that you remember.

Edit: Now the link goes directly to Niklaus.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Looks cool Count Vashra!
Still waiting for a response by DoN on how to continue with Igor, but gonna post more on his flashback soon.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
I am sure DoN knows your PM's but I am also sure he has more important matters to take care off for now xD

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Shareya said:
I am sure DoN knows your PM's but I am also sure he has more important matters to take care off for now xD

How unfortunate you decided to disagree with me...until you posted you seemed smarter.

:clown:

Yeah, its cool if I just post Igor coming up on the camp? Think that seems like a good place for a GM stepping in for some official specifics.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Count Vashra said:
I decided to add in that Niklaus' spy network is based in his hometown, Middenheim.

I advise against it. It's quite fine if you ( for example ) claim that said spy network has some representatives in each major city (1-2 spys) but that it's fully based on Middenheim is a bit..."hmm!"
Lahmians focus on major city's quite heavily and focusing a second network in a big city seems like a foolish move. Unless that was the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu