• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Johnny- Crass : Return of the Brush

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
breloc said:
Very nice job i love your stuff I can only hope to be half as good as this .... and even then thats pushing it.
Thank you but do not get yourself down. Honestly it has taken me a long time to get where I am now and honestly my skill still needs tons of work. I could post some of my first minis and get banned from this site for posting something so vile and ugly. ;)

But something I have learned from alot of really good painters is never stop practicing and trying new things. Even if you think something is out of your skill level just give it a shot. It may not turn out how you wanted but I bet you will still be proud.

Paint a mini and post a picture and trust me you will get enough feedback to take you way beyond my level. Anyone can be a decent painter if they want to be.

I look forward to seeing you painting blog.:thumbsup:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Undead are never ugly only not appreciated.

And always seek advice from other's Carpe has a great variety of painters who are all willing to lend a few tips to making your skills grow.

Even the best painter's are still learning

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aren't vile and ugly the watchwords of the undead? Post up some old minis and just say that they are diseased zombies:D

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I second what chaos says. Ill even post up my old ones if you do. Ahem looks around at the same of his own.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
A few pics of your baby johnny looks even better with the larger photo's buddy.

Hey I reconize that vampire I knew he was a traitor and would defect someday. I shoulda staked him.

The bat of terror is looking good I really should get my terrorbeast assembled

I want boobies no hot girls here. sigh.

Raizi

Vampire Thrall
Nice work on the throne there. Really like the pillows and the pool stands out nicely too! :thumbsup:

Waiting to see what you do with the passengers.

Goggalor

Necromancer
You have a nice looking army here. The coven throne is especially nice and i am looking forward to the finished product!

Daoshi

Grave Guard
Looking great JC :thumbsup:

Really like the stonework on the Coven Throne. Holding out to see what you are going to do with that Terrorgheist. Perhaps you have been subjected to too many of Santa's teasers that you are starting to post them yourself xD

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Thanks all. In a few days I am going to my FLGS with quite alot of money in my pocket. Expect to see tons of goodies:redface:

J.C are the pillows attached to the platform? I think I would prefer it without them...especially if you decide to have a more martial vamp standing on top. But I really love the overall look...especially the pool of blood!
B

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Well the platform has a little piece that includes most of the upper tiles with the pillows attached though with some really basic GS skill you could get rid of them.:thumbsup:

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
So while on vacation I dropped a bit of cash on warhammer ($225 is a bit right?:innocent: ) and so far I only bought one dud (The new texture paint:swear: )

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Not a fan of paint with sand in it?

I haven't use any myself yet, or any of the new range (The dry paints? Not thinking I like that idea), but hey;

Oh yeah, and look at that, this is a Plog! What is that big unit with a huge filler? A zombie unit? I couldn't quite tell from the distance.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I feel it has some good uses but I had a idea glue a layer of sand down then use the basing paint on it.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
The big unit with the huge filler was my 70+ man marauder unit I used to run in my throgg army:innocent:

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
A little project I am working on for a friend and fellow VC player. Working with a color I am very colorblind too was a bit of a hassle but here is his WIP. Hope you like him

Here is him after about 15 minutes of work

And here he is after 2 hours though my painting light kind of bleached out the camera phone picture a bit