• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Official Rumour Thread: New Vampire Counts Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Grave Guard
Grish said:
Tim said:
Too bad I will be on holiday for the whole month during that time >.<
Well Tim, the only sensible solution would be to cancel your holidays. I'm sure everyone will understand; it's a matter of priority.
Problem is not me, I would cancel it but I have to consider the consequences, my girlfriend will kill me, and no vampire near that will turn me when that happens, I'm sure. :suck:

Malisteen: I play with my friends, who collect Skaven and High Elves and, not possessing a large budget, tend to have small units of fairly regular things (Clanrats, Spearmen etc). The regular infantry of most armies (Empire, us, Yomb Kings, Bretonnia, Skaven, High Elves and Dark Elves) are in the Tougness 3 5+/6+ bracket, so I think my original analysis still stands.

With regard to the new army book, I look forward to the addition of new units. The idea of an army containing a menagerie of horrifying monsters and things that go bump in the night seems very cool to me.

There will, as always, be people who are never satisfied with changes made to rules. I wont mind, so long as the character of the army is maintained.

It is confirmed that a new vampire count book will be out "soon", i stress soon since after talking to my local GW manager, he said that they were next and they would come soon, soon though being who knows, for GW, soon could be a month, 2 motnhs, or a year. But at least they've been confirmed.

I have it on good authority that the 'black coach' duel kit's other unit will be the Great Pumpkin. That is all.:tongue:

EDIT: But really, skeletons should have ws 3. They are skeleton warriors for glob's sake. Not skeleton...nannies or sumfink. Ws 3 with slight/no points drop...just might even them out.

there is some speculation on warseer that the dual kit will be seige engines of some sort and the current black coach will be going finecast. though another rumor states one option may be a wagon warmachine. further info can be sifted through here

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319999

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
:siren:Split off an off topic post to a new thread

Merged a couple of double posts together

(please use the EDIT function instead of double posting, especially if it within a short time period)
:siren:

shamelesly filched from warseer, quoted by Hasting in reference to the new monstrous infantry we are apparently getting.

the something else being pretty much exactly the same, but with wings. Now what else did I miss whilst I was on holiday???

With a new codex i most of all looking forward to have the correct points cost on all units again.
If they throw in some new fun and cool units or such, i only consider that a good bonus.
With a 7th edition codex as we for now have to many things ain't working or are by far over priced, most due to the changes of how fear and terror works in 8th, but also the common use of leadeship for regrouping and reformation, something that has not been before either and with the low leadership overall on the Vampire counts units the Vampire counts sufferd alot more there then some of the other armies.
I just hope our new codex ain't to far of in to the future.

But yes...rumors about flesh golems have also reached my ears.

duck83

Skeleton
I hope the makers will tone down the ghouls really. I looked at their stats from the 15 years back now period and ghouls had WS 2! Undead, yeah, low stats and fear. If their stats will remain the same, I hope they will got the cost increase to 10 points per model and some simple special rule that would rather not be a benefit, but would work as a discouragement for taking only ghouls over ghouls, skeletons and zombies.

On the other hand, while talking about the past, I wish so much, that us, Vampire Counts, would get a magic item well lot connected to the 5th ed. Banner of Shielding. I wouldn't care if it was a standard or not. Being able to grab such an iten with any of my hero level characters would make me most happy man in the world. No matter the other things, making the army as a whole, i.e. weaker. Item of shielding allowing me to have a heavy cavalery with 1+ armour save is a dream to me. Just a dream, yet, but one can dream.

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
I hope the makers will tone down the ghouls really.
With the greatest respect Duck, that would be disastrous if the rest of the core are not tuned up. Toning down ghouls would leave us with NO viable core infantry. Sure, a points increase might be on the cards, though they are only S3 with no save, making them the VC core glass hammer. In 8th ed VC need tougher core choices. I can't see skellies getting much apart from a points reduction though.

Added to this, it's very likely we'll lose a lot of our magic items means it won't be possible to compensate for our troops failings as much as it is now unless the vampire powers are altered greatly.

I think the most likely change is points reductions on skels, as per TK. For ghouls I would anticipate a slight points increase or maybe a change in stats, or lose poison. For zombies, I have no idea what they will try, they have been through lots of variations down the years.

I suspect core choices will get minimal changes, most of the emphasis will be on the new monstrous infantry and carts, whatever they turn out to be. My main fear is that GW seem to be trying to force players to take one of the new monsters or monstrous infantry units to bring their army up to par. Which is fine if you like the new models, but not so good if you prefer old school infantry hordes. But hey, who cares about old school duffers anyway?

Uziel

Vargheist
duck83 said:
On the other hand, while talking about the past, I wish so much, that us, Vampire Counts, would get a magic item well lot connected to the 5th ed. Banner of Shielding. I wouldn't care if it was a standard or not. Being able to grab such an iten with any of my hero level characters would make me most happy man in the world. No matter the other things, making the army as a whole, i.e. weaker. Item of shielding allowing me to have a heavy cavalery with 1+ armour save is a dream to me. Just a dream, yet, but one can dream.
I think I'd rather like to see that some Bloodline armiews get access to Full Plate on their Black Knights, rather than having this magic item back to be honest. This would open up for some potentially really cool models as well.

Uziel said:
duck83 said:
I think I'd rather like to see that some Bloodline armiews get access to Full Plate on their Black Knights, rather than having this magic item back to be honest. This would open up for some potentially really cool models as well.
Would be awesome to get 1+ armored black knights BUT i would assume at least the Blood knights would get 1+ armor... So damn expensive and no 1+ armor.

Uziel

Vargheist
Ohris said:
Would be awesome to get 1+ armored black knights BUT i would assume at least the Blood knights would get 1+ armor... So damn expensive and no 1+ armor.
Some Blood Knights could certainly have Full Plate, but remember that many are also from Bretonnia, where "Heavy armour" is the norm... Full Plate is also a more "modern" armour, and Vampires have typically liked to use gear that they used when alive in most fluff, so I'm not confident that we'll see 1+ Blood Knights. Not that Black Knights have a strong fluffy reason for wearing Full Plate either, but they at least won't have much of a personal choice of what armour they wear, and after the Stom of Chaos, it can be assumed that Mannfred raised a whole lot of dead Empire Knigts, or even Chaos Warriors for that matter...

Looking forward to what they will come up rules-wise. Some point deductions would be grand, it will mean I have even more of an excuse to make big hordes of shambling zombies, creaky skeletons and wailing spirits accompanied by unholy carts, wagons, chariots and lead by wicked vampires and powerful undead monstrosities..

Haha, but I am content with just some cool new models as well. :happy:

Goggalor

Necromancer
Wow a new book already, very welcome but already! Games workshop you hate my wallet and punish it constantly. Now to read through 8 pages of rumours, sweet.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
No need, the summary on the first page should bring you up to speed.

@ NIB: The werewolf rumour you mentioned, is that a reliable rumour?

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
@ NIB: The werewolf rumour you mentioned, is that a reliable rumour?
Not anymore, it originated from ghost21 but Hastings said yesterday that there are no Werewolf models done or in production atm. Not that it completely rules them out, but there you go.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
So much Twilight hate. Can't people just leave be...? I don't watch My Little Pony either, but I don't go off hating about it. I would swear half the people on the forum were personally sodomized by Stephenie Meyer...

Any idea if they'll bring back the older vampires (the ones that used to cost a Hero and a Lord slot)?

Status
Not open for further replies.