Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Ghost ship or ship of the dead

So I have always wanted one from the days of zombie pirates.

I found one online but its the wrong scale 1/72

SO my friends help me Devo had a beautiful one he made but I am just not that good. Anyone have idea's on model kit's or toys that would be perfect for it.
 
RE: Ghost ship or ship of the dead

Mega bloks or even playmobil ships are ok to use, things like the ship wheel may need to be changed for appropriate scale.

Search for legend of the high seas ships you should find some good examples of conversions that have been done. I'm currently converting a playmobil corsair ship for 28mm use.
Hope this helps
 
RE: ethereal effect tutorial

Totally agree with you Santa, I don't understand where this whole sky blue thing 'eavy metal do has come from. Definitely prefer a darker style thing
 
Saber tooth tiger skeleton with Bone Tutorial

So we started out this lovely saber tooth tiger bleached bone. Ok it’s the bone primer from army painter its awesome.
Next we washed it with sepia.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120423_164546.cdf723916aae4e3e0b9cfdc5c19a830c.webp


Next we drybrushed it linen white from reaper, or menoth white highlight in p3. Long beard grey is a good alternative.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120423_164914.13794de4d2001226bacce4ef309ae593.webp


Last I used white to pick out the teeth and claws.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120423_165053.7a9369bdeef2e0e23befc3005700b4ac.webp
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-24-12 Banner of the barrow's

Good.

Also I can not wait to see my pony riding children be graced with a place on this blog :'(



Also I felt it right that my 1000th post take place here:thumbsup:
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-25-12 Zombies is there anything else left

I have three little zombies.
Yes I do yes I do.

Digital camo is hard to do but I will get the hang of it.
This is Rodger he was a good solider and obeyed every command. But when told to shoot the little girl that looked so much like his niece he hesitated. He Just couldn't do it. When he picked her up to save her, she took a bite out of him.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_135043.067ba7cad028c0867eed96764b5fe23a.webp


They called them the infected for a reason, but this man Sam he didn't listen he cared too much. For those who seemed to be in need. Until one bit into him through his suit now he has joined the infected.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_135142.9f4ee796da5b712b7cefaa50024d05a8.webp


They took a oath to run into fires and to help others while helping paramedics Rodger was bitten. They patch him up and he though damn that has never happened before. He laid down to let his migraine subside and never woke up. But he did get up and attack his fellow firefighters.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_135305.0c5f8c06de048cd78ee31946d884340c.webp
 
Bretonnia

So soon I shall start a bretonnia army project for a friend. I am doing so practice cause the undead always needs more recruits. Some of these questions are undead related.

I have a few questions

Heraldry I remember some knight units are a mix from across the realm do they every field themselves as single calvery troops much like in the movie kingdom of heaven. As I had a idea for a undead calvery unit. But want feedback first.

Second any good sights for heraldry as the book leaves a few things to be desired here.

Making heraldry I know alot of knights are in personally livery so how hard would it be to add a family line in?
 
RE: Bretonnia

The Rule of Tincture

That's a good start.

Reading Knights of Bretonnia would also be a good call. In it the wast bretonnian armies often form up regiments based on the knight homeland, this is probably to ensure cooperation and teamwork. The exception is the knight errant who form up regiments of their own in search for glory, these regiments often contain knight from all manners of regions..

Each and every knight has his own personal heraldry. This heraldry often takes elements from both his fathers line and his mothers line, but he can design it pretty much as he wishes. This means it should be possible to make family lines.
 
RE: Bretonnia

Those transfer sheets are pretty damn good. My favourite thing about my brief Bretonnia collection was the ease of filling the empty space on the horses' barding with cool looking stuff
 
RE: Bretonnia

Right or wrong my Bretonnians have 1 theme.

It is based around the Lady of the lake.

All characters have green clothing/barding, the armour of all characters and their mounts is gold.

All Damsels are wearing green, they also have green swords.

All Grail knights have green clothing and barding, gold armour.

The green knigh is.. pink! Not really :) He is green.. He is a servant of the lady as are the Grail Knights and damsels so it seemed like a suitable theme to run with.

The shield design on every knight and every horses barding is half blue, half red.

Knights errant wear blue and red, including their barding, silver armour.

KOTR, silver armour, black clothes, barding, champions have green erm... tassles?

Peg knights, also silver armour, and black clothes, barding,but gold armour on the pegs.

All peasents have the red and blue shield, but wear yellow and red.

The whole thing has a bit of colour to represent ranks, gold and green for the lords and Grail knights, black for the pegs and kotor, blue and red for the Errants to suit the shield.

It looks like a combined force, they all use the main scheme in some way or another.

It is "wrong" but I do not care. I honestly think that painting 15 KOTOR unique colours is A, confusing, B unnapealing, they look like random folks just turned up to fight, that may be "correct" but I hated it.
 
RE: Bretonnia

Ya I am far from traditional

I plan to do as I need to its kinda a crusader style project with undead thrown in for me personally.

I was just looking for some link to diffrent sources for help

Tinfish as I thank you for your insight I am not sure it will work for this. And hey its warhammer there is no rules for modeling and painting.

Hint the pink knights.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu