Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Santawraith said:
The zombie giant Oshit goes nom nom nom.

Heehee dawn of the dead just said oh shit. Ironically I just finished Oshit’s hand.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_103238.3c19f96f5f2c4c20a33a6b60fa9e6300.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_103523.b24231545077ea5a46c97022fa4aae7d.webp



Ahem. Yes.
Back to Mannfred. Mannfred for emperor! Soon to replace that pathetic one.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145520.6179a45585ed4591630cce2799222a00.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145532.1468a11beb0a98d809f1c83808e2e403.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145527.99f0622e6883151099fd7e6a4f79b674.webp


And now our beautiful finished product. Be afraid, for mr Mann is out for blood. Literally.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145900.df9c1ab0424818d2b199fa7e01412cbd.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145905.b4a4fad78c5f86ee194dda4486904aed.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145925.b72d6d22ea164dcd39ae16a1b94017f6.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145910.b3d1a9e5faeeb77a4e2c58ce028b5808.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145918.49cb3fa03dc6b35267965d3f4f3d799e.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_145914.a05c0b2f7b08301d7834f1124fde9e43.webp


Parting thought…
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_150312.f09ae91fd0fcd4a0a4616ea5667372be.webp

Damn, he's looking great. The sword is looking wonderful. You could try taking a light wash of green and some red to drag down from the tip to the hilt. It'll add a bit of grime to the blade and make it look old. Looking awesome though!

By the way, I love the giant hand unit filler!

Jake
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Bows thanks red for your advice as always it is a pleasure to learn from a master a few extra tips.
I will use your tip on another model but am afraid to touch the sword again in fear of ruining it. Plus I wanted it to have a magical well crafted look. (master crafted weapon) Counts as a powersword wait wrong game.

I plan to give the bone spikes a light wash of sepia too make them look more ivory like.
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

I love her sword and pose. No idea what I would do with her.... But I got hobby money to burn and still slightly depressed so sexy female models are a must!:tongue:
 
RE: Hot tub of blood

Boom

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=471&catID=46

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemDetail.cfm?prodID=469&catID=46
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Hey Santawraith,

Sorry it took a while to reply !!!

Your model looks fantastic!!!!!

Here are your pictures modified in photoshop back to what I guess to be the natural light ( and only you would know ) along with the first being your unmodified one.

Before:
adb_tt_2Q3tNhhu_.webp

After:
adb_tt_pMiAiZgo_.webp


adb_tt_EHO0QPTt_.webp


adb_tt_CJnldmOA_.webp


adb_tt_Egt6w1lR_.webp


adb_tt_8Sui25Bb_.webp


adb_tt_4RMoxKjP_.webp



Right, now here is the one that I have modified for you to show where some additional things may help to pull it together a bit more.

adb_tt_0eEtydQi_.webp


Before I started with your pictures I opened my mounted Mannfred to have a closer look at the model. So lets start with the handle of the sword.

I believe to create more balance the sword wrappings will have to be a similar colour to the cloak. This will balance the warm colours on the edges and draw more of a focal point to the centre. However, just adding this would not be enough.

That brings me to the armour of the model itself.

From what I can gather, you have teal, red and a rusty brown for your colour scheme so at the moment is missing something to tie it all together, that colour? I believe it to be green to give you a tetradic scheme.

By adding a green OSL light on the bats eyes will help draw the eyes to the centre of the model and them up towards his face. If you aren't very happy to do this, then you can adjust the teal blood gems to have more green in them.

The tome hanging by his waist could also use some some colour along the spine or the front. This would be the last thing to do depending on what you have done thus far. If you did not want to do the OSL on the eyes or green on the gems then green here would be the best bet. It will help add that colour and give it a necromantic feel. However having it so far on the edge may draw the eyes there instead of the middle as the gems/bats eyes would. Red will create more of a warm vibe that may be lost, yet will help emphasise the green eyes/gems.

If any of this isn't to your liking then to add a little more depth of colour to what you have painted already you can add highlights along the upper most surface of his rod and his cloak where the light will hit it. Just don't do the parts directly under his arm, as this would be blocked by the shadow cast by his arm and staff.


Johnny-Crass said:
He looks great I just have two little snips of advice. One the bone seems really flat (thats what she said) and I think you could bring it out more. Two his armor seems to be lacking something, maybe a gloss varnish?o.o

Johnny is right :thumbsup:

The bone spikes at the back are a little flat, but as you can see in the modified picture above, if you transition the base up to the first third of the spikes from dark to your bone colour it will add a lot of definition and will help bring the attention to Mannfred's face. As for the armour, I believe that little touch of green to give it the cold aspect is what is needed to make it seem right.


I hope that this may be some help and provide some insight into the way I paint. In the end everyone has a different way/style and if this has been of any assistance then I am most happy to have been able to provide it xD.

Once again, awesome job :thumbsup:
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Wow those edited pics really bring him out. Still stand behind my bone point but I retract my armor one
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

I would like to note that this was all taken with a camera phone I usually redo photos after basing with the real camera and adjusting liting with gimp.

I am planning to wash the spines with sepia to give them a more ivory look. I feel that is the only change I shall make to him as I feel he turned out great and am proud of him. I hate the bone spikes and on the next one will remove them complete and greenstuff fur there instead.

Thanks for looking at the model and helping me get better, Each model is a new learning experince even when I don't change things or take the advice I use it on the next one. Like the mounted one I shall be doing in a few weeks. So please don't take offense or stop helping even though I Did not change this one. Each peice of advice only helps my next project.

My army Theme is actaully Red Black and purple (tradional sylvannia) I have other colors at times to just enhance a few things.
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Trust me I have tons of white shields. They are nothing to boast about I just use white primer :tongue:
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Whelp don't make me nail your coffin shut. :tongue:

Lotr ring wraiths. Not any more. Now they are simply wraiths.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_194304.7a6dd77077338cd70b6779c6ea78a128.webp


Grave guard. Started him ages ago. Finished him now.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_194425.97a7e8ebb591904317ebc383c70425d6.webp


And another wight. Touched him up. Looks way better. He was once a great champion of Sylvania. Now he is naught but Armor and bones
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_194555.0f1122a35801f64c4a3a29efb8a1985d.webp

Onto his shield. Mortis eternus. Death eternal.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120429_202142.c02a8c894002acb0d6b7317f1ae26afc.webp
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-29-12 Mannfred The great Vampire done finally.

Santawraith said:
I would like to note that this was all taken with a camera phone I usually redo photos after basing with the real camera and adjusting liting with gimp.

I am planning to wash the spines with sepia to give them a more ivory look. I feel that is the only change I shall make to him as I feel he turned out great and am proud of him. I hate the bone spikes and on the next one will remove them complete and greenstuff fur there instead.

Thanks for looking at the model and helping me get better, Each model is a new learning experince even when I don't change things or take the advice I use it on the next one. Like the mounted one I shall be doing in a few weeks. So please don't take offense or stop helping even though I Did not change this one. Each peice of advice only helps my next project.

My army Theme is actaully Red Black and purple (tradional sylvannia) I have other colors at times to just enhance a few things.

I take all my photos with a camera phone as well as I do not own a proper camera :redface:

Not even remotely offended haha :tongue: as always it was just my thoughts and anyone at anytime can accept or disregard them at their discretion :thumbsup:

I feel exactly the same way, every piece of negative or positive feedback only serves to make me a better painter. So harsh criticism on my work is welcomed along with pats on the back xD

It is hard to go back over a model you are happy with and change it especially having put so much work into it ! It looks fantastic as is and I would be so happy to play against an army painted as well as yours! :happy:

Keep up the stellar work :vampire3:




PS: Ninja'd 3 times :|

That GG looks hot. I love those old minis SO much.

Still jealous of your paints :frown:
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu