• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
1395916_10151959550920977_1898493074_n.jpg

BooZeFienD

Skeleton
Nov 13, 2012
Jimmy, really liking that idea for the hexwraiths! they look very unique and badass. Also like the idea that you did skweemish, never thought about how you could really use anything for the hexwraiths like people have been doing with the spirit hosts. Just paint them up all ghostly :D

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ho, very cool Wolf Child! First time I see "normal" flames, and it fits great with the black theme. Great job!

Wolf Child

Ghoul
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks Theerteen,I painted these fairly quickly because I wanted to use them in an upcoming tourny.The color match's my cairn wraiths so the whole ethereal thing goes together (: Great job on your hexies also,I particularly like the ghostly effect you got on the robes.

Reactions: Yorga

Mc1gamer

Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind
Nov 5, 2013
USA
So I'm working on a big Mousillon theme and really taking alot of Bret bits for converting. Here's my unit of Hexwraiths, which are failed Questing Knights. Skeletal Horse, even some of the noses are skeletal (hard to see in the pics). I have a second unit I'm working on now, but I'm really happy with how these came out. I hope you like them.

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0011_zps5cbf22e3.jpg
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0008_zps71bdf963.jpg
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0007_zps7b267dac.jpg
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0006_zpscadafe81.jpg

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
They look great! And it must have been a torture to model all this ;) I got one conversion of a bret an a skellie horse, which I did years ago when my parents gave me a dremel as christmas present...was one of those "one time and never again" things :D

Mc1gamer

Nagash will Rise AGAIN! He's back? Nevermind
Nov 5, 2013
USA
Theerteen said:
They look great! And it must have been a torture to model all this ;) I got one conversion of a bret an a skellie horse, which I did years ago when my parents gave me a dremel as christmas present...was one of those "one time and never again" things :D

Haha, thanks. They've been sealed in just a little bit of blood and skin from demmel work ;) Properly annointed, yes. I have 1 more finished and 4 more in the final construction stages. I wish that'd be it, but I then have 10 Black Knights lined up for the same work. Yep, its not something I'd ever do again, but once I get it done and primed, ready to paint, it'll be worth it. Glad to hear I'm not the only insane one out there (I'm sure there's plenty more so).

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
"WE BRING YOU DOOM AND DAMNATION! YOUR SOULS SHALL BE OURS! ...oh, and by the way, how do you like our purple robes?" (:

No, just kidding, as I said before in your plog, I really dig the purple! Cool choice, and far from using stale ethereal colours :thumbsup:

Aug 23, 2014
I thought Hexies were an ugly model, but these paint jobs look great. Seriously considering grabbing some for my collection. :3

Schatt

Skeleton
Aug 20, 2014
Hi,

Inspired by works above I've finished 3 of 5 my hexwraiths:

DSCN1210.jpg

DSCN1212_zpsf0bcdc83.jpg

DSCN1211_zpsbc08de5b.jpg

Regards, Dmitry

Last edited:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
That is some seriously cool work on the cloth, Schatt! Love the colour combination and the transitions. ;)

Your Black Knights look great as well. :thumbsup:

Schatt

Skeleton
Aug 20, 2014
Thanks. I tried to paint the hexwraits in bright colors but at the end I realized that I prefer the style of painting of Dark Knights, so I'm going to continue painting my Undeads using dark and rotten color scheme.

John Rainbow

Crypt Horror
Mar 7, 2013
PA, USA
Its strange to think that we so many bret infantry models used as skeletons but never the cav in our armies, daft thing is it really works.
Good idea mate, keep up the good work.
I have plenty of Bret undead cav. using a mix of bits. You're right - it does work really well! Maybe I'll get round to putting up a blog eventually...

Alastor

Black Knight
Aug 24, 2011
Has anyone got experience converting chaos knights into Hexwraiths? I have five lying around and was thinking about using them beefed up with skeleton bits instead of forking out for new models.

Reactions: Yorga

Schatt

Skeleton
Aug 20, 2014
Thanks. I tried to colorize the smoke with shades ;) but I failed to make it natural.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu