Show us your Hex Wraiths

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
1395916_10151959550920977_1898493074_n.jpg
 
Jimmy, really liking that idea for the hexwraiths! they look very unique and badass. Also like the idea that you did skweemish, never thought about how you could really use anything for the hexwraiths like people have been doing with the spirit hosts. Just paint them up all ghostly :D
 
Thanks Theerteen,I painted these fairly quickly because I wanted to use them in an upcoming tourny.The color match's my cairn wraiths so the whole ethereal thing goes together (: Great job on your hexies also,I particularly like the ghostly effect you got on the robes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yorga
So I'm working on a big Mousillon theme and really taking alot of Bret bits for converting. Here's my unit of Hexwraiths, which are failed Questing Knights. Skeletal Horse, even some of the noses are skeletal (hard to see in the pics). I have a second unit I'm working on now, but I'm really happy with how these came out. I hope you like them.

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0011_zps5cbf22e3.webp
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0008_zps71bdf963.webp
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0007_zps7b267dac.webp
ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k428_Mc1gamer_IMGA0006_zpscadafe81.webp
 
Theerteen said:
They look great! And it must have been a torture to model all this ;) I got one conversion of a bret an a skellie horse, which I did years ago when my parents gave me a dremel as christmas present...was one of those "one time and never again" things :D

Haha, thanks. They've been sealed in just a little bit of blood and skin from demmel work ;) Properly annointed, yes. I have 1 more finished and 4 more in the final construction stages. I wish that'd be it, but I then have 10 Black Knights lined up for the same work. Yep, its not something I'd ever do again, but once I get it done and primed, ready to paint, it'll be worth it. Glad to hear I'm not the only insane one out there (I'm sure there's plenty more so).
 
Hi,

Inspired by works above I've finished 3 of 5 my hexwraiths:

DSCN1210.jpg

DSCN1212_zpsf0bcdc83.webp

DSCN1211_zpsbc08de5b.webp


Regards, Dmitry
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I tried to paint the hexwraits in bright colors but at the end I realized that I prefer the style of painting of Dark Knights, so I'm going to continue painting my Undeads using dark and rotten color scheme.
 
Its strange to think that we so many bret infantry models used as skeletons but never the cav in our armies, daft thing is it really works.
Good idea mate, keep up the good work.
I have plenty of Bret undead cav. using a mix of bits. You're right - it does work really well! Maybe I'll get round to putting up a blog eventually...
 
Has anyone got experience converting chaos knights into Hexwraiths? I have five lying around and was thinking about using them beefed up with skeleton bits instead of forking out for new models.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yorga

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu