• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Necromancer(s)

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Its easier than you think, normally using the easiest base material being green stuff if you mix different volumes it will dry quicker on slower, if you make it fast drying its more resilient to pressure, I score the surface, mount the GS into the area and then I cut to shape.
When its a large flat area like a banner its easy to do.

I will say however i do it in parts so each part of the banner design is done separate and it gets built up into the whole.

Schatt

Skeleton
@ Duke Danse Macabre Thanks for clarifications I should to try it. I found that the making banner from transparent plastic is more easier way for me. All you need to do is to cut the flag then heat it in the places where you want it to bend and leave it to cool.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
It does work like that as well, just the problem I have had in the past is that plastic is a highly flammable substance so I like to keep it away from heat. :thumbsdown:

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
That's his Warsphinx. The level of paint skill on the fur is amazing. And the eye is so life like it's crazy.

Here is my necro, finnished yesterday, experimented with some left over spirithost bits, turned out ok... Will probably get another one to paint up without them hehe

I made Necromancer. I bit too armoured for a mage really but I need a mounted Necromancer and this was the only good model I could find, so that's what he's gonna be.