• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Skellys

How did I not comment on this before?! What a cool model :pumpkin: I was hoping he was holding a rose, but alas, I think it's just a scepter or something. Ah well, still cool guy :ghost:

[/quote]

Might just be my crappy painting but that it indeed a rose.
A true lady-killer he is.

Hey Tawg,

I will def get a hobby lamp but it'll have to wait until September as all my money is going on my wedding and I made a deal with my fiancée that if she allowed me to get the vc battalion box and all paints i'm going to need to paint them, then I won't spend anymore til after the wedding. Yes I have a ball and chain around my ankle already... Yes dear i'm coming.

Tim

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Really? :O Got something picked out already?

Damn it would make a great Lahmian army with skeletons being disturbingly dressed up xD

Eyeless

Wight King
Just finished a box a skellys along with a home made movement tray. Tho I need to add more to complete the unit, I guess it's nb for a 1st shot =]

Minty

Grave Guard
I just finished my Skittles. Mantic models. I went for a nasty, rusty, dirty sort of feeling, but with an ethereal, ghostly banner and a little OSL around the eye-sockets.

The banner didn't turn out as ghostly as I hoped, but it is very eye-catching because I highlighted it with visible-light-fluorescing paint.

Ustrello

Grave Guard
Here are mine. The idea is that they were necro'd from the remnants of a firestorm and their bones have been charred black, with necromatic energy coming from the eyes and heart

My skeleton cav.

This is a mix of figures I painted around 1995 and another half-dozen or so that I just did this year to finally flesh out the unit.

Anyway, It feels good to finally have them all done, even if they are mishmash of styles, skill levels, and figure styles, spanning a couple decades.

The wight/champion is a really old Grenadier fig (iirc), and the motorcycle is from HotWheels, c1997

Just finished this little batch of hoplite styled skellies from Bronze Age

The detail isn't the sharpest on them, but as a result they paint up super fast.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Very nice skellies, seejaypee! They have a lot of character ;) The patina may be a little to vibrant in my opinion, but they're still very good!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Ok, this remembered me of my plan to post my (meanwhile long)finished skellies :D

They're nothing special, and in the endphase I angry-brushed the weapons in a red fury...hoping to add brown to the handle and metallics / rust to the blades xD

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
The vampire Elessa von Saros is a bitter and spiteful creature, even for a vampire. She was turned more than a century ago by the Count, as a replacement for his lost bride. A salve for the wound in his heart. But she was quickly discarded as the Count realised that he could not heal his grief with carnal pursuits. He retains her services as he finds her abilities useful, but she is no longer the object of his desire and this knowledge burns at her.

In battle Elessa fights on foot, and leads the infantry contingent of the Count's forces.

Elessa is a wickedly beautiful creature, and just as nimble as she is gorgeous. She has the Quickblood and Beguile vampiric powers. Not chosen for her magical abilities, she is a level one wizard.

A bunch of stuff I painted in the mid 1990s, finally all got bases to match my new stuff.

Bows

Scythes

Spears

Handweapons

Skeleton Chariots:

T

TheBlobThing

Here are my skeletons in mortal combat with my friend's halberdiers. I have 50 painted, but unfortunately no good group pics.

Here are my skellies. Really enjoyed chopping men at arms' heads off to acquire these helmets xD
Banner is made from a mix of Dark Angel, Kroot and Empire bits.