• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Spirit Host

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Despite not liking terribly shotty-gore-a-thon-slasher flicks, 13 Ghost is actually kinda a good movie :zombie:

I still really like those undead orcs, and their "Cloudy" hind-quarters.

Tawg said:
Despite not liking terribly shotty-gore-a-thon-slasher flicks, 13 Ghost is actually kinda a good movie :zombie:

I still really like those undead orcs, and their "Cloudy" hind-quarters.
Thank you. COnsidering their manufacturer, they were actually rather nice models: certainly more ghost-like than a few other potential Spirit Hosts I were considering-

Here are mine that I finished a little while ago. I debated for the longest time weather to run them blueish (more classic) or greenish (more common since LoTR), but I ended up going with green.

The idea is basically to have atleast one of all my mates army models on one of the spirit host bases, and I tried to theme them up with other models that look good. I still have to make a base with high- and dark elves, but I actually think I'm gonna try to make that a bit of a combat mini-diorama, as those two races can't stop fighting with eachother even after death.
Also, I'm lacking a spirit ogre and some spirit beastmen in order to make the theme complete, but I'm not about to go buying boxes of the models myself just for the spirit hosts, rather I'm waiting for my friends to get a model or two left over that I can buy from them instead.

and because you can't really see him in the first picture, I took another to show that there's actually a snotling on the "small greenskin spirits"-base.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
That guy on the throne looks very cool, and I like the painting too. The highlights and shades are so different yet work so well together, very ghostlike. Would you mind telling where the miniature is from?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
Dragoth the defiler from Reaper :) ...but I think it's an old version, because if you google his name, you'll find another mini (same theme, but looks "newer"). Someone used him with a vamp head on a coven throne in thie "Show us your ME / CT", but spontanously I don't know who it was...

And hell yes, the paintjob is sweet! Beautiful dark and menacing!