• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Spirit Host

Olethros70

Grave Guard
Thanks, Mad 'At and Theerteen.

As Theerteen pointed, the miniature is Dragoth, Lich King, from the Dark Heaven series of Reaper.

May I ask Santa, how You did those bases?
Because it seems that there are some skulls in there? Looks very nice.

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Those are awesome! Can you say base a whole undead army in those! Wow!

Banat

Varghulf

My spirit hosts as they are at the moment. Made out of Empire Flagellants. Cut off the chains from the flails to use them as stands to make them look like their floating/flying through the air. Very Jacob Marley inspired.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I'm very impressed with the way you combine the eathreal looks with more solid things. Thing like the beard, the ringmail, shields and weapons, even the belt buckle. It can so easily go wrong but you've really pulled it off. Great work sir. :thumbsup:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Compared to having to think of a concept and convert them up in the past they are a damn sight better.
Also I find the new ones are great for working into other models for converts and having them cloak through walls, fences, etc.

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Great work on the new SH models.

@Duke Danse Macabre They are very cool indeed the potential is huge and they are rather cheap to boot. And they fit very well with the new SC's in the UL armies.!

My unit of the new spirit hosts...

I second what has been said about them being a pain to but together, but being worth it in the end.

All the best

Martin15

And hell yes, the paintjob is sweet! Beautiful dark and menacing![/QUOTE]
Dragoth the defiler from Reaper :) ...but I think it's an old version, because if you google his name, you'll find another mini (same theme, but looks "newer"). Someone used him with a vamp head on a coven throne in thie "Show us your ME / CT", but spontanously I don't know who it was...
Yeah. There's a seated vampire version and one seated and one standing Lich version.
I used the seated Lich as a Mortis Engine and someone else put in on a Coven Throne. It fits quite well as both.

Those SH were a right pita to put together, I'll try and put mine on, I am a speed painter, I would be ashamed to show most of my models, but I'm all about getting them painted asap. I have zero patience and nearly zero spare time :tongue:

Plus I have basically built and painted an army with 250+ models in less than a year.