So, what's everyone working on?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Looks like the brown orc tribe is going to be a thing, then:

DSC01742_zps2btxqxq7.webp


I may cut down on the brightness of some of the colours, but I think I'm about happy with the skin tone. The highlights are now a 50-50 pink-brown blend and I think are more subtle (maybe too subtle, but I'll just keep leaving this to natural variation I think.

I now have some fluffy ideas in mind for the orcs, I think they are going to have a broadly Dark Ages culture and probably live in a remote hill fort style village in some craggy hills, and live by a mixture of basic agriculture, trading with each other and other races, and of course a bit of the old raiding and pillaging (they are EVIL and ORCS, after all!)
 
Thanks @Farmer7574 - just for you I've ploughed on and finished some sword-and-shield orcs and some archers in the same style - my latest addition is a trio of trolls...

0001_zpseuifmdpw.webp


I still need to decide what to do with the bases, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of the painting for now. I've got about 1250 points of Orcs underway (3rd ed) and about double that sketched out
 
  • Like
Reactions: padrissimus
varmy01.webp


Coming out of a months long hibernation, I'm just taking some stock. I didn't paint much last year, mostly just the three characters in the middle there. This year I want to focus on getting a playable army painted to go with them, however small. 40 skittles (10 are already painted, 10 are half painted, 20 are barely more than primed) and 10 doggos brings this up to a pretty decent feeling 1,000 points in age of sigmar, if I drop the knight of shrouds, so I guess that's the goal. For, like, the entire year. Have some commission stuff to finish before I actually start working on these guys for real, though.
 
Just started on the interior of a cathedral, for some story pics in my Holy War campaign thread. The walls put together as a test, and some lolly pop pews ... very early stages ...

Pj6mcFQ.jpg


agyBWNS.jpg
 
@Shadespyre you really nailed the old-school look on those orcs, nice! Are you going to use them in WFB or is that for another system?

@padrissimus your photography skills never cease to amaze, even if it's just work-in-progress! Looks really promising!

As for me, I am torn between my normal undead, shadespire and two blood bowl teams, lots of stuff! Sadly, amongst all of that I have nothing that could fit with the current competition...
 
artflow_201901142225.webp
Actually got some progress in today, mostly on the 30k raven guard commission unit on the right there, but also got some undercoat done on what will be the green bits of the wolves & remaining skeletons from the 1000 point target, plus on some grave guard, since they were also sitting around, and there's not all that much bone on them. Mostly I just wasnt quite ready to stop after the skityles, but didnt quite have the juice in me to start the green wash, or do anything more on the commission unit.

I also found, but didnt work on, the cage of my partially painted mortis engine. I really should get that painted, so I can glue it to the rest of the model before I lose it for good. Since a mortis engine plus 20 grave guard is exactly 500 points, maybe I should just push my target up to 1500? Eh, that might be pushing it.
 
(almost) finished two Mortarchs, both with Arkhan as rider. Some shading and basework still missing, but one week of free time due to a sick note was really busy with painting stuff. Actually I'm super pumped with monster work atm, a friend 3d printed me a circus tent that will fit on the arachnarok spider, I built a long-laying Necrosphinx and primed it. Following work could be a bone giant, or some goblin clown infantry :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sception
artflow_201901171851.webp

Making some modifications to the spirit tower part of my mortis engine. Ye, it's a distraction from the core skittles & wolves i need to get painted for a playable army, but I want to get the mortis cage attached to the tower, and any adjustments to the tower really should be done first.

Mostly adding some variets via the darker clothy/wraithy bits. A bunch more to do to properly highlight and blend those bits back in, a few other changes planned, mostly just in further differentiated greens.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Farmer7574
Already thought about and decided against. Either the parts were a bit warped, or I glued them together a bit wrong, but regardless the cage doesn't quite fit snugly on the swarm, and magnets wouldn't be enough to hold it together properly. And even if that wasn't the case, I'd still be concerned about paint chipping or pieces breaking from attaching and removing the pieces repeatedly.

As is, for transportation the base is magnetized to stick to the bottom of a tall plastic carry bin so that the whole thing remains upright and unhassled. It wouldn't work for shipping or air travel, but for car/train it works great. Travels in the same case as Nagash, arkhan, and other tall models. Not the most space efficient, but convenient & works well. Carry case situation also contributed to decision against trying to magnetize the cage separately, as even just the swarm itself was tall enough to have to go in the tall case anyway.
 
Right now, working on some old metal grave guard to flush out my unit from 20 years ago. I have a bunch of the new models too. Also one of the old Carrion from the 4th undead book. Always wanted one, never got one until now.

Wrapped up my Bretonnians a while back

 
i usually snap pics of everything as i go though, so theoretically, it wouldn't be a stretch to do so. Would be pretty random with the dozen armies I have been working on
 
Last edited:

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu