• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Ah, not quite! I hope that my log (and any other log) can motivate you to paint more! If you feel like your skills are not that great, then only practice can make you better. You have no idea how much I progressed over the years just by going at my own pace, taking a few trick here and there and discovering techniques on my own. Even within the last year I can see improvement in my painting, I look at what I've done 10-12 months ago, and see all kind of things I could improve today!

So you can' give up, if you just keep painted you'll surely improve :)

For the color, I assume you talk about those yellowish stones you can see on some bases? If that's the case, then yes it's mostly a white undercoat plus 2 coat of the sepia wash. Some of them have a very thin and watered down kommando khaki coat before the wash, but it barely changes the final result.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
All the wings are cast from the test wing I made. I made a mould of it then just casted the four I needed. Of course I casted more than that because trial and error, but I stopped when I got four good one :P

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Managed to do 2 extra characters for my monthly pledge, so here they are!

Ramhotep (special character), or just regular Necrotect if needed;

aimageshack.com_a_img837_6388_54tc.jpg

And a regular Tomb Prince/King;

aimageshack.com_a_img13_4314_iyst.jpg

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Mioum: All of those heroes look amazing as usual. If anyone asks me about Tomb Kings I always show them your PLOG so they can see just how great TK can look when done properly. Keep up the great work;)

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
@ robtion; Thanks a lot :redface:

Had trouble posting pictures here last time I tried, but there's a few things worth showing so I'll try again!

First I modeled my Bone Giant/Colossus with great weapon from the Reaper Colossal Skeleton (the Bones version).

ai.imgur.com_HGAD7BE.jpg

Then I also finished the modeling of my Necrosphinx. Pretty standard outside of the weapons. Never was a fan of the original arm-blades so turned them into regular swords. And while not shown in the picture, the wings and tail are magnetized for transportation.

(Photobucket is the problem, can't make it work for some reason and had to re-upload somewhere else)

ai.imgur.com_0XoGRw5.jpg

The latest modelling I've completed if my Tomb Queen on Warsphinx. The Warsphinx got a fancy headdress, and the Queen got her golden throne on wich she sit while she ride to war!

ai.imgur.com_xk9Zwlx.jpg

ai.imgur.com_fj8GPOb.jpg

And to finish this update, some colors as I painted some test Tomb Guards and made a rank of them;

ai.imgur.com_YK5qPS3.jpg

Hope you enjoy this update!

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Last week I finished the first rank of the Tomb Guards, with full command;

ai.imgur.com_j4Lckqh.jpg

And during the weekend, I painted my Colossus;

ai.imgur.com_fLqW4qT.jpg

And since I was playing with giants, I repainted the base of my other giant to match the army;

ai.imgur.com_XGMTOep.jpg

And just for fun, a scale comparison!

ai.imgur.com_iTYsGuG.jpg

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
You're an incredible painter Mioum and what I especially like about your painting is that you have an unmistikable style, your work is very recognizable :thumbsup: but I can't really tell what makes it so :rolleyes:

I love the TK, even with their painting they look as if they're standing in the strong sun, the light colour scheme benefits them immensely. I like the conversions and the bone colossus came out great.
I don't have experience with such big reaper bones models, but isn't their 'bendiness' an issue here, especially with how 'bony' and thin the colossus is?

Keep up with the good work, I look forward to any further updates :thumbsup:

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
I really like your tomb queen on sphinx conversion. Very regal looking with the throne and headdress. All painting look top notch as usual :thumbsup:

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Borgnine said:
You're an incredible painter Mioum and what I especially like about your painting is that you have an unmistikable style, your work is very recognizable :thumbsup: but I can't really tell what makes it so :rolleyes:

I love the TK, even with their painting they look as if they're standing in the strong sun, the light colour scheme benefits them immensely. I like the conversions and the bone colossus came out great.
I don't have experience with such big reaper bones models, but isn't their 'bendiness' an issue here, especially with how 'bony' and thin the colossus is?

Keep up with the good work, I look forward to any further updates :thumbsup:

Thank you!

I was wondering about the Bones too before painting it, but turns out it takes paint really well (my first time painting Bones), and the bending doesn't seems affect the paint. I haven't tried to bend it beyond what normally happen during manipulation, but seems to be doing fine!

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Feels like I need to update this with the latest entry in my army :)

First up, my Necrosphinx I did for the monthly challenge:

iJbvhXX.jpg

4PQM7Ks.jpg

p58GNZn.jpg

5YB9Pyb.jpg

Wings and tail are magnetized to make storage and transport easier:

7GTynch.jpg

After that, I did my Bone Giant with bow which was a pretty fast job (during a single weekend). And with him done, all my rare choice are painted!

FXhYVwX.jpg

Ipo1m2N.jpg

5w8j3Ay.jpg

And all Bone Giants painted together:

WVWudde.jpg

Reactions: Seneschal

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu