• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Tale of Painters - Tomb Kings

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Wow, if my army wasn't already painted I'd ask if you do commissions! I love the brightness of your models and the great job you did highlighting them. The chariots are my favorite unit, I really like the color choices you made with them.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Thanks for the kind words :)

This month I finished my Casket. The base was already done so I worked mostly on the crews and some touch-up;

And since I was done early with my Casket, I also made and painted those wounds markers;

That was a relatively smooth month after the Sphinx, so next month I'm gonna paint my Hierotitan. Should be fun, and I'm actually excited to paint it!

Mioum

Crypt Horror

Now for the Titan, just finished painting it, so here it is;

No idea what I'll do next month though...

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Wow, black is the hardest color to highlight but you did a tremendous job. The best heirotitan I've ever seen. Well done, sir.

I am all kinds of impressed with that titan... serious kudos there! The rest of the army looks good too, and I am really fond of the old mummies unit - classics in every sense. I will be popping back to see how you get on :happy:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Absolutely stunning :O

The black is great! Do I detect some space wolves grey or something similar?

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Thanks guys, glad you like it :D

@ Mad'At; It's only Codex Grey and Fortress Grey, no other grey was used there :tongue:

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Super nice job on the titan, it's not too often you see someone who can both convert and paint to a high standard.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Why thank you, really glad that people love it!

Since last update, I've started to paint my unit of old mummies (count-as Tomb Guards with halberds). Still not done (I do about a rank per month) but here's what it looks like at this point;

First rank done in November;

And in December;

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi1255.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh631%2FMioumboy%2FPledgeDecember3.jpg&hash=0e9d8cb4e4b4248e276fcc520526ec3e

But I also kept some time during these months to alternate between painting and building. In November I spent my time on finishing a lot of my TK characters. There's quite a few of them so let's go!

Generic Liche;

Generic Liche mounted (stand-in horse, real one will be different);

Liche with Lore of Death (that's an old 5th edition Necrarch body here);

Liche with Lore of Death, mounted (this one is a 6th edition Necrarch, they really do make great Liche material!);

Generic Tomb King/Prince;

Generic Tomb King/Prince (made him a scorpion shield to go will all the scorpion icons he have everywhere);

Mounted Tomb Herald;

In December I gave my attention on some VC units (you can see them in my other log), but I also just finished a TK unit tonight! To go along the mounted Herald above, here's a Horsemen horde;

Fear the horde of crappy Horsemen and the average hero's fury!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Man, all those characters look amazing. Loving the combination of metal figures with platic details :thumbsup:

xFallenx

Grave Guard
Wow! This is seriously the sauciest desert corpse army I've seen. Great work! The black on that titan is amazing!

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Here's the latest update for this month.

First, I've finished up my mummies at last (Tomb Guards with halberd)!

Then I've painted a scenery for my TK;

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Great looking mummies :thumbsup:

And I love the colour of the stone structure, how did you paint it?

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Thanks!

The stone were base-coated white, then washed with watered down Karak Stone. Then I gave it two coat of Seraphim Sepia, and it's pretty much it!

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aw, that's a GREAT unit. Were I to do a tomb guard unit I'd do exactly the same thing. Nice conversion with the standard bearer. I see uyou've even got the old Heroquest mummy in there!