• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Fleshy Flesh Court of Flesh-Eaters (plus other undead!)

Some Action Shots and Death armies @ LVO 2018

Attachments

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
I don't know what's 'bad' about those pictures - they're big and you can easily see everything that's needed to be seen. Your army looks really good and impressive there, @EternallyUndying :)

Thanks @Borgnine

With the Legions of Nagash book Its time to up my Death game. Currently I'm working on my spirit look:

Attachments

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Looks great, very strong and striking, this ghostly force is really shaping up nicely! My favourites are the cairn wraith and the banshee :thumbsup:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Lookin' good, you pulled off that gradient between dark brown robe and light green spirit parts very well! Maybe you can try to add some green to the sword handle, as some sort of glow? The addition of that shield is also an interesting idea :thumbsup:

@Borgnine
OSL scares me a bit, but I gave it a try. I just added a watery green around the model where it might be reflecting light. I really have no OSL experience, so I hope it came out okay.

Also working on Morghast

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
It came out really good! Good improvement! Morghast looks great with that vivid green, too!

Have you considered entering with your Knight of Shrouds in our current painting challenge? This mini is slowly becoming an unofficial topic of that challenge ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Ah that green is so nasty. I love it. I really don't like the Morghast models, but your painting brought it to a whole new style. Cool work!

Good work! Nagash is lovely as always :)

Given that Nagash is an immortal being that can wait for something for millennia, that's not much :)
How dare you talk such heresy about our Overlord Nagash?! To deliberately keep Him waiting is just as foul and heretic as any other deed negatively targeting The True Lord of the Undead. SHAME

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Your glowy greens are awesome as always, they make for great light accents on that dark and intimidating miniature, your big buy is turning out great :) I like that old-school touch with the purple too.

And I think that 3 years may be long for fleshy mortals as we, but for the Great Necromancer it's nothing ;)

Stunning themed army. I looked down on the gw cannibalistic faction. Never again i will.

What is the based model you used for your converted winged strigoi ? I do not recognize him (and have probably missed it if you already answered this question...). I didn't thought to the mantic-berserker-thing for a crypt horror. It looks far better than i would have guess.

I didn't expected the minas-tirith knights to be converted like that. It's a bit strange at first as i can't chase the original models but well, why not ^^

Maybe i'll use some of your painting advic. Natural/orange skin you use isn't a color template i'm familiar with but i think i'll give it a try.

Finally, you did all the sceneries we see in your plog ? They looks great too !

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Wow, she looks phenomenal! Such a glorious kitbash! What colors are you planning for her?

Wow, she looks phenomenal! Such a glorious kitbash! What colors are you planning for her?
I did some more greenstuff work and primed her and painted the grays on the stone base. I'm thinking a combination of black and silver for the armor with a few red highlights. Black hair, white skin. dark brown-black bat wings. The sword will be purple Shyish magic like Nagash, and her casting hand will be swirling with bright red vampire magic.

Hope to get it done soon but I'm having a lot of fun painting all the new nighthaunt stuff.