The Undead Legion of Countess Ludmila von Karnstein

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Vladimir the bloody said:
Ohhhh, interesting*.

*Im going to steal your idea MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :innocent:
Go ahead and do that, it's always a pleasure to inspire* xD

*Plant seeds of my evil plan :devil2:

Nikostratus said:
Splendid looking of skelies. Im looking forward to seeing some of those characters painted up.
Thank you, I'll probably paint the necro this week so stay tuned.
 
Time for an other update. I promised to paint the necro last week but failed. I lost all inspiration to paint him when the skin was done, I will have to re-do it later. But I've painted the skin on all the ghouls and the details on most of them, so it's still been a productive week.

Here is a picture of the unfinished necro
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3105.webp


The Ghouls unit
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3099.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3102.webp


And a few highlight of the mini-dioramas that I've included in the unit
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3106.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3108.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3110.webp


Please comment ^^
 
Thanks

I'd be glad to share my ways :)
The skin was first base coated with goblin green (yea, that's right no foundation xD), preferably in a few thin layers. After making sure that the Goblin Green has dried completely (this took surprisingly long time, for both of my two pots!) drybrush heavily with Rotting Flesh followed by a lighter drybrush of pure Skull White. Then wash the whole thing with Devlan Mud and you're done.
You can additionally (though this is more of a taste thing) individualise them a bit by picking out a few here and there and wash them further. For this I used watered down versions of Ogryn Flesh, Thraka Green and more Devlan Mud, while some were left as they were. You could also vary how hard you drybrush them to create even more differences.

Count Lasombra said:
Tough day to be a zombie xD

Indeed ^^
 
Excellent stuff. I really like finish of your skeletons, ghouls are very, very nice too.
Regarding mysterious miniature - one moment please...
Games Workshop, Vampire 5, mid-eighties, Ethereals range.
 
InkubPendragon said:
Excellent stuff. I really like finish of your skeletons, ghouls are very, very nice too.
Regarding mysterious miniature - one moment please...
Games Workshop, Vampire 5, mid-eighties, Ethereals range.

Thanks for the compliments

And infinite thanks for the vampire info! It was spot on! I used some of the words as search words on teh Googles and found this (on Carpe Noctem coincidently xD):
asolegends.com_citcat912_c20311ethereals.webp


This is great since it means I now already own a GW vampire to use a GW events and other stuff ^^.
 
Amazing army Mad, stunning conversions, beautiful diaramas and fantastic brush work, very inspiring. I particularly like the Zombie walking on his hans with his guts out. The gore looks amazing btw how did you get that look? And what are the two ghouls doing behind that tombstone?:zombie:
 
Abbysal said:
Amazing army Mad, stunning conversions, beautiful diaramas and fantastic brush work, very inspiring. I particularly like the Zombie walking on his hans with his guts out. The gore looks amazing btw how did you get that look? And what are the two ghouls doing behind that tombstone?:zombie:
Thanks

Well, the Gore ... let me think ... it was a while since I painted those zombies ... I believe that most of the opened wounds and guts hanging out were basecoated with Red Gore, the guts were highlighted with dwarf or bronzed flesh while the flesh was give some Blood Red highlights. Then it was all just washed with Red Ink (old GW thing), cuts, wounds, guts, bones, blood stains, eyes, mouth, (ears!) you name it.
For some blood stains (particularly on white clothing that felt way to clean for a zombie) I used a big "hard" brush soaked with Red Ink and sprinkled the surface with my finger (this technique )
The blood on the standard bearer was given some Gloss Varnish to make it shine.

They are digging up that grave, will take some better pictures when the unit is done ^^
 
I LOVE the ghouls. They are so full of movement and personality. You're really making me miss my VC army and I'm strongly reconsidering building that army up completely now.....

How did you do there skin? It's very well done.

The unit of skeletons is superb. The bones are dirty but still clean enough to see them clearly. A+

Great work,

Jake
 
Well, tomorrow I will leave the civilised world to live in the frozen wasteland that is northern Sweden for three weeks. Passing time by fending off Polar Bears and swimming in cold (oooh so cold) rivers in lack of Internet connection. xD

But not without one last update, I present to you my spirit host (two out of three at least):
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_2011_07_09Vampyrer025.webp


And with that I wish you farewell.

See you in three weeks, when I will use threadomacy to rise my OnG thread from its green grave.
 
Those look wonderful. I enjoy the idea and wish GW would take your models and mold them for everyone else. Good luck in the frozen wasteland!
 
Seriously some of the best stuff I've ever seen with that ghoul stripping a zombie from it's arm... and the zombie just going "Huh?... ohhhh... ohhh..."
Kept me laughing for quite some time :) - gonna catch another laugh and go back to look at it now... just had to complement first!
 
Just looked through this from start to finish, and I have to say I am very impressed. All your models are so 'cleanly' painted, with the lines on them very well done. A lot of people tend to go over, especially when it comes to RnF, but it is obvious you have spent a lot time on them to get such a crisp look.

I really like the skin you have done on the vampiress and the necro as well.

All in all, a great looking army :thumbsup:
 
Mad 'At, what models are those that you've used for the Spirit Hosts? I recognise them but can't quite place them ...
 
Haha, I've managed to get across a working computer with interconnection ^^

first of: Thanks for all the kind words

Uthiliano said:
Seriously some of the best stuff I've ever seen with that ghoul stripping a zombie from it's arm... and the zombie just going "Huh?... ohhhh... ohhh..."
Kept me laughing for quite some time :) - gonna catch another laugh and go back to look at it now... just had to complement first!
Thank you, I had great fun converting it to xD

merenwen said:
Absolutly awesome spirit hosts! Love them! So effective! What made you come up with the idea? Its quite original, and well made! :D :thumbsup:
I wish it was, I saw the conversion in a White Dwarf about 5 or 6 years ago when my friend brought his copy to school. I've been wanting to do them ever since but never had a reason (other than just because xD)and just recently I realised that I even own box of glade guards already :)

Disciple of Nagash said:
Just looked through this from start to finish, and I have to say I am very impressed. All your models are so 'cleanly' painted, with the lines on them very well done. A lot of people tend to go over, especially when it comes to RnF, but it is obvious you have spent a lot time on them to get such a crisp look.

I really like the skin you have done on the vampiress and the necro as well.

All in all, a great looking army :thumbsup:
Thanks, they do take some time to paint, but it's worth it.
I'm glad you like her skin, and surprised that you liked the necros. I disliked it so much that I've already repainted it, it's much more alive now xD

Malochai said:
Mad 'At, what models are those that you've used for the Spirit Hosts? I recognise them but can't quite place them ...

merenwen said:
im pretty sure they are wood elves, I think glade guard?

The spirit hosts are indeed glade guards, I just cut away all flesh on them and drilled out all their hoods.
 
I love the idea for the spirit hosts as glade guard. What is fun for me when I look at the models is to determine just where you actually have the parts connected since you did a great job making them look like they're connected merely by some element of a spirit. I've seen others fail at this ability, but you've pulled it off quite nicely. Great job! And the paint job is excellent as well.

What's next up on your list?

Jake
 
Hello again

The plan was the paint orcs for a while now but I haven't gotten that far with the greenskins. Instead I've finished some undeads.
Anyways onto the pics :)

The Last spirit host base.
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs019_1.webp


The finished ghouls (they were in fact finished a while ago, just forgot to post them):
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs015_1.webp


A close up on the ghouls digging up a grave:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs022_1.webp


The Finished Necro:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs024_1.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs026_1.webp


And the last treat, the Dreg that is also enters in the Golden Bat conversion competition:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs029_1.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_201108Orcs030_1.webp


Next up on the VC list are three zombies, two vampires and then 34 Grave Guards.

That's all for now, please leave a comment.
 
Hey hey- these are great!

you're ghoul skin is quite original, the mild greenish hue especially so. The spirit hosts are just awesome, love the color and dynamism you've achieved.

But my favorite is your method of rust. :O

looks too legit :thumbsup:, how do you rust on your models?
 
Great stuff here: ghouls look simply fantastic, so much going on in this unit (thanks to your unit fillers and some clever posing) and the colour scheme works great (care to share your recipe? I've got my 70 ghouls painted in a very similar scheme already, but you never know when you'll need more ghouls ;) )

Necromancer looks good as well, and guess what: I've used the same head on mine, but I used the new plastic necromancer model instead of empire wizard. I was hesitating if I should do something about the stitches on his mouth and now I know I have to remove them.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu