The Undead Legion of Countess Ludmila von Karnstein

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Thanks for the comments! :)

Jacques Dauger De Cavoye said:
Simply amazing. I'm feeling slight apprehension at attempting to paint/convert my models now as it can never be this good :(
Just keep on practising, practise makes perfect you know

Varicose said:
But my favorite is your method of rust. :O

looks too legit :thumbsup:, how do you rust on your models?
Rust is:

Basecoat: Dark Flesh

Drybrush/stipple: Blazing Orange

Drybrush/stipple: Boltgun metal

Drybrush: Chainmail over the edges

Wash: Watered down blazing orange mixed with a little dark flesh into the recesses

YoungOlo said:
Great stuff here: ghouls look simply fantastic, so much going on in this unit (thanks to your unit fillers and some clever posing) and the colour scheme works great (care to share your recipe? I've got my 70 ghouls painted in a very similar scheme already, but you never know when you'll need more ghouls ;) )

Necromancer looks good as well, and guess what: I've used the same head on mine, but I used the new plastic necromancer model instead of empire wizard. I was hesitating if I should do something about the stitches on his mouth and now I know I have to remove them.
Skin is:

Basecoat: Goblin Green

Drybrush: Rotting Flesh

Drybrush: Skull White

Wash: Devlan Mud

Some models here and there were then pick out and washed further with either Thraka Green, Ogryn Flesh or more Devlan Mud, all were thined out with water before application. I'm sure you could use other washes alwell, like Baal Red, Leviathan Purple and Gryphonne Sepia.

All the cuts, scars, wounds and boils were then washed with a mix of Asurmen Blue and Red Ink. The scars were highlighted with rotting flesh and the boils with Blood Red.

So it was stitches, I see that now. I thought it was teeth.

Sanai said:
Absolutely love that dreg.
Glad you liked it.

What do you (all of you) think of the bottle containing blood? I'm thinking of giving it a coat of 'Ard coat to make it shine a bit more.
 
I was wondering how you do the bulk of your armor. Do you paint it gold and then water down blue paint over or is there more to it? I do my armor very similar to it, it's a basecoat of chainmail or mithril silver (Whichever pot of paint is closer :rolleyes: ) and then a watered down Ice blue was and dwarf bronze drybrush. I like the look of it but I think yours is better :vampire2: how do you do it?
 
This blog is so brilliant. Very jealous of your painting skills Mad 'At.
The dreg reminds me of Igor from Young FrakensteinxD
ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a264_buttmuffin_marty_feldman.webp
 
Fantastic work on all of it. Are you going to field the dreg as something else when you play, it seems a shame if you were to leave out such a great model?
 
Thanks for all the comments!

Armour is:

Basecoat: Tin Bitz

Highlight: Dwarf Bronze

Wash: Watered down Hawk Turquoise

Wash Watered down Hawk Turquoise mixed with Bleached Bone into the recesses

Fritz von Carstein said:
This blog is so brilliant. Very jealous of your painting skills Mad 'At.
The dreg reminds me of Igor from Young FrakensteinxD
ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a264_buttmuffin_marty_feldman.webp
Well is guess GW was inspired by him when creating the Dregs form mordheim and I was in turn inspired by GW when creating mine xD

Nikostratus said:
Fantastic work on all of it. Are you going to field the dreg as something else when you play, it seems a shame if you were to leave out such a great model?
Well he will be fielded as a Dreg in my Mordheim games. My friends and I are staring up a Mordheim campaign. Sadly he will mostly be hiding in a corner since he's so crappy in CC and I need him unharmed for an extra die on the exploration chart (gives me more gold).
 
Thanks for the kind words :)

As mentioned in my greensskins thread (see my signature) I got a camera of my own today. I though I'd celebrate with a much needed (though sadly not so impressive) update here.

So without further ado here is my unfinished vampire thrall:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA020025.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA020023.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA020022.webp


And a new model I got from Tradera (Swedish ebay), anybody know where he is from?
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_IMG_3949.webp


Cheers
 
Hearbreaker Hobbies "Undead Lord with Sword" I believe.

acoolminiornot.com_pics_pics8_img434f7d9ba9ee6.webp


I have a couple of these.... they make great Wight Lords!!

There's also another one with a scythe as well.

acoolminiornot.com_pics_pics5_img3fe32a16ecd2d.webp
 
Wow that was a quick answer Dark Rose, very helpful, thank you. I too will use him as a Wight King, I was this close to getting my hand on the dude with scythe as well, missed the auction by like 12 seconds, would have made a nice cairn wraith if you ask me.

I'm glad you like the thread Kassill :)

The Thrall is the Deathwalker from warmachine. She comes with Goreshade the Bastard, who I will use as a vampire as well.
 
Alright, I've made a little more progress here. The vampire thrall is almost done. I'm not sure about her face, and I'm itching to do some freehand on the cloth tide around her waist but unsure of what to do (please advise). Here she is:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA060037.jpg_a18aed66fbcc5d844653f818d33c53bc.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA060039.jpg_a18aed66fbcc5d844653f818d33c53bc.webp


And I've also painted my other thrall. Very quick to paint but I'm pleased with him.
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA060040.jpg_a18aed66fbcc5d844653f818d33c53bc.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA060034.jpg_a18aed66fbcc5d844653f818d33c53bc.webp


Tell me what you think.
 
I've finally started painting the second standard for my skeletons. I had no inspiration to do it when the first one was painted but now I have been putting it up for too long. So here it is:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA090051.jpg_cccf5ca102364a274515e2a94065d9df.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA090054.jpg_a18aed66fbcc5d844653f818d33c53bc.webp

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_PA090055.jpg_969fb8d7db0eb845fd57983b81253a8e.webp

You have to excuse the strange pictures. I took them with a mirror in the background so that you could see the banner from both sides.

The painted side is pretty much done, I will add a long tongue to the skull and it might need some cleaning up too.
I'm not sure about what colour to use on the tongue however, I'm thinking either the same as the bone or pink/purple. What do you think?
 
I personally would leave the tongue, I think it looks ace as it is. Skulls dont have tongues anyway :lol: If you are going to do it bone or black, I think coloured may be a bit weird. Just my opinion though. Oh and good work! :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for the comments :)

The tongue's main purpose would be to continue the snake shape of the figure throughout the whole banner.
Though I'm really starting to like the idea of bone coloured, black wouldn’t be noticeable enough and yea other colours might look a bit weird.

You’re right on the mirror part Beslakor, it dose need some cleaning xD
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu