Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Bearded Troll Lady / Gobbo Heroes / Bell Ringer

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Blood Knights wip

Weehaw! Finally managed to take a few pics from the ME, all what's missing are Banshees and basing. And I don't have the slightest idea how to do appropriate basing for this giant thing.

MEsidesampunclipped_zpsf8d2099e.webp

MEfrontampback_zpsa6f986d8.webp

MEfronts_zpsf72894bf.webp

I made the huge mistake to glue the book before adding text into it, the right page should say the formula from "Army of Darkness": Klaatu Barada Nikto :zombie2:

MEzoom_zps13eb9dd8.webp


And the Blood knights getting more and more colour. Not quite sure for the weapon colours, suggestions welcome :cool:
Does anyone have an idea (or even better a tutorial link) for metallic scratches on the armour?

BKbanner_zps41943f91.webp

BKdragonhelmet_zps9bc3f03e.webp

BKghoulhead_zps653ead78.webp

BKskeletonhelmet_zps8863a449.webp
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

That corpsemaster on the ME looks amazing. I'm really digging the non-traditional approach with his colors. The tome looks great too considering what an awkward angle you probably had to paint it at.
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

First off dammit! Had almost the same idea for ghouls. So if i cant be first then ill just have to steal it. :) secondly sweet varghiests! Mad sculpting skills. Now for a question what kind of glue is it you use for blood slime? Plz tell me i have tryed like 5 diffrent kinds non works any good. And now for a request paint the heists. :)
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

Damn I like those blood knights! The clear colors on their armor is really nice! Makes me kinda want to refine my own knights ;] I look forward to see them completed.
And the mortis engine is also really good. This surely looks like a daunting model to paint, but you've managed spledidly.
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

@Borgnine Thanks mate :skull: the ME was a time-eater and almost kicked me out of having fun with painting :silent: The ghost swarm was finished months ago, but breaking through to paint the cage and everything else was a hard piece of motivation and work... when I decided for a colour theme, it went fast, though.
I'm still not sure if I should add scratches in the red lacquer, they look to sterile to me atm. But I fear I could mess them up if I try... :P At least their ornaments are ready now :thumbsup:
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

Just started reading through this and I have to say great work so far. Its given me a few ideas for sure.
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

Thanks mate ;) let me see what you'll create in the future! :thumbsup:

VARGHULFTIME!
For those of you who think "yea...he posted this guy months ago..." That's correct, but now the splatter and final colour is all finished, and I will never ever paint a sh** on him xD
-> More pics in the Masterpieces section, but I am so damn happy to have him finished...here he is!

2013-10-24135247_zpse9bb610c.webp

2013-10-24135221_zpse203b6da.webp

2013-10-24135004_zps70159966.webp


And, SCREAM QUEEN! ME Banshees are magnetized and ready to go!

MEMagnets_zps260a3b90.webp

2013-10-24135407_zps62c9dd3e.webp

2013-10-24135419_zpse58e64be.webp

2013-10-24135435_zpsd01896f8.webp

2013-10-24135733_zps805ce060.webp

2013-10-24135825_zpscb1d7675.webp

Last but not least, my blood knights are coming to the last details. Example for the ornaments:

2013-10-24140051_zps2d7c5410.webp

2013-10-24140016_zpsf1ddfa22.webp

And, the Blood Keep Banner!
2013-10-21211722_zps9f4567e6.webp
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

so you magnitized the banshees.. thats something i didnt dare to do :P is the rest magnitized aswell? nice work on the ME mate!
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

That ripped off arm is incredible! Also love the Mortis Engine and Blood Knights, lovely banner for them too.
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

Whoa, lots of new things!

Nice seeing varghulf other than the typical GW one - it's difficult altering the existing model and there isn't a lot of non-werewolf alternatives. I usually don't like the glue-y blood, but this looks awesome - the varg is wicked ;] His pose is especially fine from above. [Good luck with transporting him anywhere xD ] Also - good work with building him. I see a direwolf head, tyranid legs, what are other parts?

Also it's nice to see the Blood Knight finished. Good work you did there ;]
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Mortis engine & Blood knights (still wip)

@Lifeender - The cage is magnetized to the spirit swarm, so if I'll get another ME/CT kit, I'll be able to switch between 2 ME's or 1 ME and 1 CT (; You can see the magnetized...platform...cage thing... on the top of the page .)

@Mad 'At - Ye, at last I decided for my approved blood drops...with the tiny light effect, and enough blood drops, I think it looks good enough to have them ocunt as BK ;)

@Count Darvaleth - Thanks man (: Was a good piece of work, but I love dynamic bloody poses..still dreaming of a diorama, in which a vampire just ripped his/her way through a battalion of foes. One day! Mwarhahah! :D

@Borgnine - I have a prosthetic case stuffed with foam pieces, in which the ME and and the Varghulf have protected space ;) You're right about head and legts, but the torso is also an old swarm tyrant (maybe still recognizable by the bone cage chest). The wings are dragon wings, which are the same for every old WHFB dragon as far as I know. Claws on the wings are tyranids too. All the fur is sculpted (:

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys, I can honestly say, without this forum I'd never found enough motivation to bring those things up in this little time!
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Time for alliteration: Kemmler, Krell 'n Konrad

Oldschool skellies - nice! They're painted well and I like them. The champion of the sword'n'board unit is especially nice - those legs are dark elf, or am I mistaken? Also, I think that the shields on the first unit could be red&black as the rest, but blue is good too. I must say - I really like the red scheme on the skellies - and I think they look best in this colour ;) My were green only because that's my scheme for non-vampiric units ^^'

GGs, while I prefer the new sculpts, are still painted well! I like the consistency with the shields and a freehand of each of those! ;)
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Lots of bones (Skellies & GG)

Wow great job on that blood and valour banner!! That must have been a blast to paint...
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Lots of bones (Skellies & GG)

Thanks guys (:

@borgnine: Yeeeeaahhhh...you're right of course :D the shields would have been cooler in the same red/black scheme as the rest of the army, but I painted them at first, when I wasn't unsure about the overall army theme...nuts :rolleyes: No way I gonna repaint any of them, I learned my lessons :cool:

@kingside bishop: I was really really happy to start painting the banner, I've always wanted one of the original blood keep banners which are shown in the last 3 army books, and so it wasn't that hard ;) I really enjoy painting freehand banners, and it's great to get kind feedback on them (:

Long time no update, and unfortunately this isn't a real one too. Only want to share my luck of trading two Shaggots (one original and my converted one) for the startup of my new army (: Go WAAAAGH! xD

IMG_20140106_114228_zps54405c1e.webp

IMG_20140106_114208_zpsf82f02c0.webp

10 Spiderriders
10 wolfriders
about 50 orc warriors including old black orc command unit
1 Kamikaze catapult
2 boar chariots
35 orc archers
1 orc shaman
20 goblin archers
32 nightgoblins (I think the gobbos are all from the old WHFB starter box)
and a bunch of stoneold black orcs and bitz xD
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Lots of bones (Skellies & GG)

Good ol' orcs&goblins ;) good luck with them. Also - the two headed orc :rolleyes: I wouldn't notice him if not for Devour - bonus points for good eyes. That orc surely looks charming ;] Twice the bites and waaghs for the same orc!

And - learned your lesson? Is repainting that much of a mistake? ;)
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Lots of bones (Skellies & GG)

xD the trade was between me and one of my best friends, but he got a funny mind for such stuff :D

- Repainting is not a bad thing per se, but doing it 3 or more times to the same mini can cause brain cancer :clown: I've sworn to myself that every model I finish now is set aside for at least one year...and what happened, I'm going to finish my VC army in the first half of 2014 ;)
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - Lots of bones (Skellies & GG)

Sooo, lots of work in progress, gonna need to finish some stuff before my order arrives ;)

Let's start with...ah let's just call her Elizabeth, I have no big background yet ;)

Elizabeth and Hellsteed WIP
IMG_20140117_004035_zpsd1fb4cfc.webp

IMG_20140117_004039_zps7998cd93.webp

IMG_20140117_004008_zps7692de57.webp

IMG_20140117_003951_zps45846c4d.webp

IMG_20140117_003937_zps5fbc6bc8.webp


Crypt hulks WIP! xD
IMG_20140117_004153_zpsf413bda1.webp

more Ghoulze WIP!
IMG_20140117_004411_zps316e82c2.webp

Some kind of rune obelisk...runes following :D
IMG_20140117_004423_zps556b7ac9.webp

And last but not least an experimental hex wraith champ...not sure if I will really finish him, but let's see (:
IMG_20140117_004516_zps3e040f0c.webp

Tomorrow something completely different, a huge and funny project for a friend ;) chaos giant is the keyword!

Leave me your c&c's (:
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - WIP's everywhere! Run!

I LOVE those crypt hulks. Lots of different parts in there... I see a couple chaos spawn bitz, some crypt horrors, and is that a MINOTAUR? Love it.

Also like the idea of an undead centaur. Keep working on it!
 
RE: Thirteen shades of black - WIP's everywhere! Run!

xD Yeah that's the impression I wanted to show

So, as promised: The chaos giant! A friend of mine got a soul grinder one year ago, while he planning his DoC army. Now that he switched to WoC he was frustrated that he can't use it any more (not that he even finished assembling :tongue: ). While I had the legs of the giant's kit left, I suggested to build a chaos giant...tadaa (:

The right hand is still unclear, in my opinion the sword is the better choice than the chitin claw, but we'll see. Some chains and metalplates will follow too...but let me know you think until here ;)

IMG_20140117_004357_zps8ddb9907.webp

IMG_20140117_004349_zpsd644e625.webp

IMG_20140117_004300_zps517fcd03.webp

IMG_20140117_004316_zps7cb04218.webp

IMG_20140117_004324_zpseab49219.webp

IMG_20140116_111727_zps70886206.webp
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu