• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Releases- Including Nagash & new VC stuff.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
My only issue is if they bring back a wimpy Nagash......that would p*ss me off something rotten. His history and lore demand so much, but GW have a horrible habit of badly nerfing rules for some characters so I'll just have to hope. The original Nagash fully pimped out was around 800pts......I would be happy to pay that much again to ensure he isn't nerfed.
Well I don't really care about the rules, because I doubt I'll use him in game. All I want is some kick-ass model that will look great, despite me already having 2 different Nagash models :tongue:

The flying chariot is easily Arkhan, that's what he rode back in the 4th edition and it would be great to see him back.
Not only that, but right now you can still buy him a flying Chariots in the TK book, and even give him 4 horses (as bad as it might be), probably to go with that opld models since they never bothered making a new one so far :tongue:

And with the nature of the double kit nowaday, I could see it also having a variant for Settra (big chariot with 4 horse also) or a regular Tomb King/Prince on chariot. Maybe all 3 at the same time! Would be a first to have 2 special characters in the same kit though.

Nagash is powerful enough that he could just dominate the undead. Cast necromancy powerful enough that he takes control of it all, forcing the vampires and liche priests to join himas his lieutenants or die.
Sadly no longer true, he would need to recover both his crown and hand for that, so its doubtful he could control all undead. On the other hand we know that Nagash has been gathering the most powerful Necromancers for a long time and he has some allies/servants within the Tomb Kings so he can still draw subjects from all spheres of the Undead.

I can't see him being brought back as a character tbh... regardless of the rumours... Would they release the rules and a model for Sigmar? No. For the Emperor in 40K? No. These figures work far better as bigger players in the fluff.
The principle differences here being firstly Nagash is still alive in the current setting (though this means little if u you at vampires current special characters) and more importantly he has had a model and rules before so it wouldn't be breaking any new ground in that sense.

Nagash is to me what the Crimson King was before he suffered character decay in The Dark Tower series, all evil, super mysterious power pulling the strings... he leads Kemmler to Krell and across the wastes, now he appears to be manipulating Mannfred to his will... MANNFRED, possibly THE baddest mofo in the world of men...
Put simply the easiest way for them to do this would be for Mannfred to have the Carstein Ring in his possession, which has been hinted about since 4th edition. The Carstein Ring was forged by Nagash as the one ring to rule them all (seriously lol :tongue:) and bound vampires to his cause. There are of course other reasons why Mannfred would willingly join Nagash: You have his knowledge of course, then you have the fact your either with him or against him (especially being a Vampire), the 1000 thrones prophecy of course, then you have the subject of the Vampires Curses which were placed by Nagash and he still has one (supposedly the most deadly) yet to inflict which he will of course know the cures for.

Regardless of how they do it, the rumours state pre-orders will be up on the last weekend of August so we will soon know!! Personally I am thrilled, he is the one model I have been hoping would be brought back into the game, as much for Thematic Army building as anything else. I hope the campaign book comes with a unique Army list for his forces that will contain Khemri, Vampire and Nagash specific stuff rather than invalidating or joining anything we have previously seen but I have seen no news whatsoever upon that side so that's purely wish listing.
Anyway the only concern I have is that it will be limited edition as I wont have the cash (though I can if needs must borrow it off my better half)...

crimsonsun

Banat

Varghulf
I agree about him essentially needing his own pool from which to requisition troops... The tomb kings fluff has been developed in such a way that there's no possible way you could field Nagash in a TK army.

Atrophus

Grave Guard
Well if you got the email about warhammer fest, I'd say it's pretty conclusive Nagash is coming back :) :) :) !!!!!!!
Who else would you describe as "an ancient enemy" and "one of the old worlds deadliest foes"

Anyone else going? My fiancée bought me a ticket :)

Mioum

Crypt Horror
More news from Arthurius guys!

Ok ladies and gents this is what I have heard.

The end times will be coming after grey knights which means they will be going up for pre order 23rd, there will be Nagash, Nagash end times campaign book, plastic spirit host, Mannfred and nightgheist / Arkhan the black / Neferata on some undead monster plastic kit.

There will be a battle report in WD, Nagash vs Tomb kings army, Nagash fights them on his own. He is very expensive.
He can be taken in any undead army. Undead are running rampant through the warhammer world and because of this undead units can be taken in any army.

Enjoy.
Pretty exciting!

El Syf

Crypt Horror
Hard to tell but it looks like he's got his crown back. Love the way it made the chaos threat out to be trivial. Praise be to Nagash!
And anyone going to warhammer fest will get to play trhough this if the email is anything to go by.
PS. Not sure I like the idea of undead being available to every army, negates the pacts in storm of magic and on a more cynical note I don't think too many people will be wanting to field them in their armies. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Rumor has it there's a battle report in the next WD that's Tomb Kings vs. Nagash. That's just Nagash, not Nagash and his army. 500 skavenslaves for our boy.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Well Arthurius said "in the vicinity of 500 slaves", so could be a bit more or less :tongue: But with that cost, DoN should be pleased, pretty sure he'll be quite strong :)

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Not really been all that involved with Warhammer of late, but I am really quite excited at the prospect of Nagash as a model, because when I started out he was just fluff as both VC and TK had split into 2 separate races.
Plus with the likes of Sigmar's Blood released a while back it was really picking up the pace for Mannfred as a real threat to the world, no longer a shadow that may or may not be there (which i'm really happy about as I love the Von Carstein fluff, my army has always been based around their bloodline, mainly Mannfred)

I can't see TK and VC being brought under the banner of Undead as a permanent thing but can see an army list within this new campaign book where Nagash can pick and choose at least a few units and characters out of both VC and TK, but where they are still separate races with their own army books as well.

I take it that in that video posted by Mioum on about 40 seconds thats meant to be Nagash right?? But considering the Black Pyramid is in the bottom right corner the entire time, has to mean Nagash

So Excited!!! :D

Banat

Varghulf
An new campaign book, will be getting that. New models inc. Nagash, Arkhan the Black, Mannfred on a "Nightgeist" whatever that is (What's that going to cost, 700pts?). Apparently as part of the campaign, undead spread throughout the old world and "any armies can take undead units"... sounds silly to me but w/e... looking forward to seeing it. Shouldn't be too long a wait now...

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Not sure I like the idea of any army being able to take undead units (well the VC and TK kind anyway skellies, zombies etc) To me it seems to go largely against the fluff of a few armies, Okay maybes like WE and Brets taking wraith/spirit type units but other then that

Not sure I like the idea of any army being able to take undead units (well the VC and TK kind anyway skellies, zombies etc) To me it seems to go largely against the fluff of a few armies, Okay maybes like WE and Brets taking wraith/spirit type units but other then that
BUT... It means people who don't play Undead will actually learn how awful unstable is currently....

Banat

Varghulf
If they take zombies they should have to take checks every turn that the zombies don't start eating their own troops.

Nagash is rumoured to cost in the region of 500 Skaven Slaves, which is joyous news because at that cost he should be properly represented in the rules! Thank god.. I will be buying my only GW purchases outside of Army Books for the past 5 years this month it seems!

Banat

Varghulf
Well, if he can take an entire tomb kings army on by himself then he certainly seems like he's being properly presented.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
He can probably summon 500pts worth of undead a turn or something. And his death will probably rival a Mortis Engine explosion x10. And his giant hat will land on unsuspecting units like the fallen Giant template .

So the Rumoured releases are... The Book, Nagash, Arkhan, Neferata on a Undead Beast, Mannfred on a Nightgheist and a spirit host...

From those that's a major Wow for new models that go on my must have list... Nagash, Arkhan - Manticore Bone Chariot Oh Hells YEAH (Could be a duel kit with Aborash quiet easily he did fight at the head of Nagash's Armies 7 he was an earlier rumour)... Neferarta come on! The queen of the Vampires how cool and Mannfred on a Nightghiest (I would guess a duel kit again) is possibly the only of the big kits I would not be fussed about... Oh and the spirit host while useful its def something not in the MUST by category....