Previously...
Nicholas had witnessed the brutal murder of Gurter and the other man, whom he had not spoken to yet. His eyes were fixed with a piercing gaze on Lady Ivana. Feeling very uncomfortable, he did not look upon the bodies of the innocent victims but decided to go to his bedroom. Walking through the hall, he felt an uneasy presence, distinguishable by the frown on his face.
Just before he reached his bedroom he muttered to himself:
"Hmpf, I won't bar my door. I have seen what these vampiric monsters are capable of and they will not be hindered, let alone stopped, by a shelf against your bedroom door. I'll just guard my room the whole night."
Now...
Nicholas wakes up and goes back to the rest of the group to hear their hostess' announcement. He doesn't remember falling asleep. He thought he had stayed awake the whole night, his sword by his side, but apparently he didn't.
"No human or animal deserves to die this way, as part of a wicked game, especially one to entertain these monsters. Maybe they're just picking us all off one by one anyway... Still, I will join in this game, for going against the vampires' will won't help me survive this night; or even this day for that matter."
He looks around and sees several others going to the dining tables and into bedrooms.
"I will search my own bedroom thoroughly, because if these monsters snuck into my chambers to play their sick game, it will be confirmed that I will never be able to defeat my father's murderer."
(At Dr. Ungeheuer)
"And sir, searching someone else's bedroom does not make you any less suspicious than the rest of us. You can hide evidence in any room, and by searching other people's rooms, maybe you are just setting them up; framing them. This is not to accuse you though, it applies to everyone in here."
Search: Nicholas Le Vert - Bedroom
Making it red... u_m