• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

What's going on in your life?

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Huh...a board outside. No way you could do that over here. It'll get wrecked in ten minutes flat...or puked on...or *redacted*

Anyway, life's still going well but darn it I hardly have the time to get on here anymore which bites (pun intended) because I have once again started painting my VC amongst the 30K Word Bearer flue I've caught last year. Still no AoS fan but the unofficial 9th is going strong at my local club which is pretty awesome.

So much to do so little time and with an art studio also coming up I'm in for it! That's what you get if your new love is also an artist. You do stupid shit again...like painting something that is not a miniature. Oh the humanity.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Both. But now I have to wait another 90 days (only 90 of them for half a year!) :( My only hope is to find a constant job, while my freelancing is not what really helps here :( but still. We have to always overcome obstacles, have we not :)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Late to the party, but I finally ordered my pc today. Can't wait to get my Total War on. And lo, Witch Hunters were announced for Mordheim: CotD, and that's what I've been waiting for to dive into that game as well.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
So I gotta gush for just a second. My friend Clay lives in St. Louis, maybe 5 or 6 hours west of here. He's the dude that got me into Warhammer Fantasy in the first place way back in ~2000 before college and then adulthood scattered us well apart. I can count on one hand the number of battles we've gotten to play in the last 10 years, but tonight we played three back-to-back in Total Warhammer.

It was amazing, guys. I remember how we would talk about how cool it would be to play Warhammer via computer years and years ago, and man Creative Arts have really delivered. It was like having a childhood dream made real right as our favorite tabletop game has gone into that long night. I can't recommend Total Warhammer enough.

Dragonet

Wight King
Well I am happy to say I'm all about Genestealer Cult right now! It's been a year long road but everything's pretty much fallen into my lap; I'm the proud owner of two all-metal Guard platoons, two Chimeras, two Leman Russ, a Trukk that'a about to get a huge makeover, plus extras... and not a penny for GW! They did however collect their toll on multiple sets of Overkill and Space Hulk, the new boxes of Neophytes and Acolytes, and the collector's codex. I even stretched to Sector Imperialis bases!

The funny thing is I'm at peace with it. They've knocked it out of the park in giving me what I wanted and making some really awesome models in the process, even if it did take 21 years!

So hobby wise, although I'm time poor from crushing it at work, my 40K life is at an all time high. My mate also became a Hawk Talon and we're eagerly awaiting our Dropfleet kickstarter so good there too, but my Undead have taken a back seat despite some interest locally and a fun game of KoW a couple of months ago. I'm encouraged by news of Total War and the Space Hulk games but I'm not set up for gaming. I just hope I can make more time to hobby in the coming weeks.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
It's been a bit of a busy month and a bit. I and the missus went trekking in the Himalayas, got engaged, got back to China, went to a mate's wedding, revamped the balcony of our home and just adopted a beautiful Alaskan Malamute. So much has been going on!

Haven't sat down at the hobby desk for some time but really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this coming week.

my vacation is incoming, so for the next tenth of days my presence here will be totally random, depending on Wi-Fi and unpredictable circumstances.

now the real question is: will General's Hanbook II be published in this time frame, or will GW wait for my return?

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
It's really surprising they have released it, because I've thought it's all the time for 40k and AoS will see something only the next year.

In the meantime I'm working, taking time with my Undead, buying LotR dwarves and in general being more or less content for now.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Well, haven't updated this thread in a while.

So, a few things are kinda coming together at the moment in my life:
  • Rediscovered interest in warhammer (both 40K and AoS), which reminded and rekindled my love for CN
  • So obviously I'm also on here, looking at doing some updates
  • I'm also really getting into working out and fitness, doing combat which is helping me lose weight
  • Oooh, biggest change since I was last on; really big into motorbikes! I have four of them now xD xD