• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy said:
Hahahaha how on earth do you have -1 posts?!?

That is a good question. The user does have quite a few posts in sections which don't count (like the Mortal's Realm). However, there's no reason I can see for it being negative :D

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
Incubus: Yea i have loads of those pics! mainly when i am playing computer games as well, and some how they all seem to end up on facebook! i also have many of me while eating, always pulling rediculous face! so what game were you playing that made your faces look all zombified?

Royals: Maybe im the stalker because i walked in while he was already there! :O hehe

keeping on theme of this thread, here are some old VC related pics... kinda...
P1020666.jpg

P1030292.jpg

pumpkinhalloween.jpg

halloween.jpg

And yes i am aware the top one is horrendous! the others are obviously halloween related, (there was a devil, dead nun, me as zombie, old lady, chav, another zombie and Jack skellington)

incubus

Zombie
Nov 18, 2010
dark side of the moon
merenwen: Yay im not the only one in the world who takes awkward poses . and i believe we were playing red dead redemption or assassins creed brother hood if i recall correctly .
and the photo isnt horrendous its just makes you look like a deranged but hot mad women is all xD
oh and can i say your costume is awesome sexiest zombie Ever :thumbsup:

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
merenwen said:
oo that was you! you gave me the advice on how to beat the Warriors of Chaos?! :D
I get very nervous and shy in the GW shop and never know what to say to people (as you could probably tell). because i want to stay and get to know people but i get embarrassed... It might be to do with the lack of women

lol yeah that was me, its ok I know what you mean, I only really like going in the shop if certain people are about, certain of the people that go into GW really annoy me. Next time your stalking me into GW come say hi ;)

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
incubus: thankyou, it was part of a fashion project when i was in college.. made up of a suit jacket. lol. good choise in game btw :D

Logan: what do some of the people do to anoy you then? i like tom, hes very nice and helpful :D

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
merenwen said:
Logan: what do some of the people do to anoy you then? i like tom, hes very nice and helpful :D

Yeah Tom is cool (I was actually waiting for him to get his arse in gear so I could give him a game of 40k), to be fair both the staff who in GW are cool.

Basically you have one guy who really annoys me, he has a chronic case of verbal Diahorra, you have another guy who cheats like a mofo, I remember in one game against his HE his lvl4 mage had the book of Hoeth and a 5+ wardsave, some how two units had the standard of balance, he didn't have enough core (actually I think thats the case both times I played him), his dragon prince unit champion had a +3 attack sword and a 5+ wardsave.

incubus

Zombie
Nov 18, 2010
dark side of the moon
ugh it pisses me off when people cheat. i had this one friend who used fixed die no wonder , we could never beat him and whats worse he went around air of superiority about him and used to be all smug about winning. well now needless to say we dont play agaisnt him anymore .... well im glad i got that off my chest :clown:

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
Royals said:
I dressed as a WoW character for Halloween. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.
ai766.photobucket.com_albums_xx307_mrjgking_Bowling.jpg

i would love to see the pics! i refuse to play WOW on the principle that i will become addicted and never leave my room again. lol

incubus: thankyou, it was my fiance that introduced me to warhammer :D i find it amazing that the guy you played had weighted dice! how did he cope in the leadership tests if he lost a round of combat or lost over 25% of his pieces in shooting? he must have failed them easily with the wieghted dice. thats going through a lot of effort to win a game!

logan: haha luckily i have never played people like that! but the games i play with my friends are very casual. we do bend the rules sometimes for my friend becky who is playing wood elves, we say she cant use the lore of athellorren (cant spell it) and she takes lore of beasts instead which she technically isnt allowed to do. but thats it for us cheeting.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
merenwen said:
logan: haha luckily i have never played people like that! but the games i play with my friends are very casual. we do bend the rules sometimes for my friend becky who is playing wood elves, we say she cant use the lore of athellorren (cant spell it) and she takes lore of beasts instead which she technically isnt allowed to do. but thats it for us cheeting.

GW seems to attract them, nothing wrong with bending the rules if everyone agrees, thats not really the same as what I was talking about!

Now I have to pack for a weekend away in reading, tournament tomorrow, should be interesting, I spend that last 3 days just painting models :(

incubus said:
ugh it pisses me off when people cheat. i had this one friend who used fixed die no wonder , we could never beat him and whats worse he went around air of superiority about him and used to be all smug about winning. well now needless to say we dont play agaisnt him anymore .... well im glad i got that off my chest :clown:

I funny when people do that kinda stuff, does it really matter if you win a game of toy soldiers!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
logan054 said:
...does it really matter if you win a game of toy soldiers!

Now that's just silly of you to ask that! Of course it does! :vampire2:

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
MasterSpark said:
logan054 said:
...does it really matter if you win a game of toy soldiers!

Now that's just silly of you to ask that! Of course it does! :vampire2:

Massterspark: then you clearly have never played as or against the wood elves! :D they have a sixth ed book and the worst magic lore in the game with waay over priced models for what they are, its vertualy impossible for my friend to win unless she uses a different magic lore. :tongue: hehe

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
merenwen said:
Massterspark: then you clearly have never played as or against the wood elves!

I have, actually. Unfortunately, my opponent did use a magic lore that wasn't the one from his army book, which led to my demise. :slapface:

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
pietr: well its good news that you can win, there is hope for my friend still. everyone mocks her whenever she walks into GW to get wood elf stuff, they say she is silly for playing them, but i say stick at it coz a new book must be due to come out this year sometime! lol.

masterspark: yea the wood elves can devestate if they get a good magic lore!

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
merenwen said:
Massterspark: then you clearly have never played as or against the wood elves! :D they have a sixth ed book and the worst magic lore in the game with waay over priced models for what they are, its vertualy impossible for my friend to win unless she uses a different magic lore. :tongue: hehe

Worst you say? try lore of Slaanesh, what a load of rubbish, half the armies are immune to it for a start and really whats not to like about moving trees!

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
This thread needs moar pics.

So here's a picture of some penguins;
acache2.allpostersimages.com_p_LRG_26_2615_7ABMD00Z_posters_mi17d1a6e33b41a130479ce33c58150bee.jpg

And just cause I am amazed I manged to get caught on camera(I've got a black belt in turning away just at the right moment, getting someone's hand infront of my face, etc etc), so here's me!
163682_483478125527_626305527_6407356_5072788_n.jpg

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hey everybody! Just wondering, how exactly do I go about uploading images here at CN? I figured out that I can't just upload directly from my computer, so that seems to mean that I need to have them on an external site first. But which site should I use? Can I just grab pics right off of facebook? Or do I need something more specialized, like ImageShack?

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
merenwen said:
AWWW such adorable penguins! and i love the sideburns, it reminds me of wolverine xD

Penguins are awesome.

Heh, you're not the first to make the wolverine connection. Perhaps, we have a belated new years eve resolution in the making. I shall push harder in the gym and dress up as everyone's favourite anti-hero Wolverine the next halloween. Pumpin' iron with danceman :lol:

merenwen

Black Knight
Jul 12, 2010
Colchester
bravo_10: i use photobucket.com, i upload the photos from my mac to photobucket then below the pic is a bunch of details and one is "img code", i click it and it copies automaticly then i just paste it into the message box on carpenoctem :D . its quite simple but takes a few processes. if you have FB you dont need to sign up to photo bucket and its much quicker.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu