• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Sounds dumm. Campaign books are something entirely different, and because of maybe bad sales (in all shops? I doubt it) they still will write them as need be. Boxes like "Shadows over Hammerhal" show that also, this is box without new models but very heavy on fluff.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Khorne was very likely after the second Stormcast book, and it seems they all follow the Disciple of Tzeentch pattern. Anyway, I'm sure the Death will be one of the next releases, maybe also like such a mix.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
It's nice. I kind of wish they had gone farther in changing some of the rules of existing units. Still digging into formations and such.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Really nice. I hope GW will notice that and take the author and his team into account! They could become great tome writers, at least. Art is fascinating and fluff really thought out.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Awesomeness incarnate!

Attachments

• 0-39ieI37Uc.jpg
    0-39ieI37Uc.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 9w_rx6zyd2s.jpg
    9w_rx6zyd2s.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
  • dGHr-_-emxU.jpg
    dGHr-_-emxU.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 13
  • gJcGA0Ib7Mc.jpg
    gJcGA0Ib7Mc.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 12
  • tZnz2vAzSo4.jpg
    tZnz2vAzSo4.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 11
  • vo8-yHWvUr8.jpg
    vo8-yHWvUr8.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 11
  • VY7S9mwG2hc.jpg
    VY7S9mwG2hc.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: El Syf

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
I've read the TK battletome, and have to say it's really impressive, it's no easy work, to be sure, well done. But I must say, I was expecting certainly not the good old tomb kings just in AoS, and they are completely good and old, nothing says they are really in the new high fantasy setting, sadly - the fluff is almost word for word from the 8th edition, even their names and such. Add some contradictions to the paragon fluff like with Nagash and mistakes here and there (like serpants instead of serpents, the author really should always edit his texts or give them to editors who will check them on spelling, grammar and the like) and it's not all that brilliant.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Also read the "Bear Eater", short story from David Guymer. Astral Templars pursue Mannfred across the kingdom of free mortals in Ghur, and although they didn't encounter the vampire, they do encounter some lesser vampires leading these men as it turned out Mannfred had manipulated them to some extent. These vampires are very fast, agile and more than a match for Stormcasts. Not bad, really.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu