• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

BA - 8th Edition Review: Blood Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
I know I'm late to the party but I like the idea of Shaolin vampires ATATATATATATATA-ing everyone to death. That said, isn't it strange that for all their fluff of being constantly trained for hand to hand they are only WS4? I propose their WS goes up to 5, just for fluff's sake.

PS: Seconded about Skirmisher rules in 8ed being absolutely retarded.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
75-ish seems to be in order... we can adjust it slightly. Though, I'd prefer to have them slightly over-costed then have them slightly under-costed.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Sorry for the late pickup, but they're missing a wounds characteristic, for the sake of completion.

75pts each for 1 wound models seems steep, though they've got a lot of nice abilities...

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Bump up WS to 5. Even with all their fancy stuff 75 is a lot for a single wound model. I think 70 points is reasonable enough, perhaps even 65 but then again I am pretty oblivious to how to accurately price stuff but for some reason 65 works... I dunno xD

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
OK,

I have added the Blood Monks to the very first post. Do we think the list now has enough variety?

I was thinking that the GG could have an upgrade or something. Maybe one unit to Wight-at-Arms. They were the best warriors the Blood Dragon had before he was turned etc. Come equipped with Halberds, higher Initiative and may fight in 3 ranks?

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
@DON- that GG unit sounds like absolute murder.I think it would be cool to have a better version of skeleton warrior to represent the attention being given to the proper training and out fitting of an armies core.
Skellies with +1 WS +1 IN and heavy armor would be great,I'd pay 10 for that.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
If we added in an "elite" Skeleton unit as Core (with a restriction maybe, 1:1 ratio with normal skeletons), then that would allow the GG to be moved back to the Special slot, if we wanted too.

I think that an upgraded GG unit might be too much...

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Actually that is not a bad idea. A skellie based on some men at arms who never fell back, who were an unbreakable anvil. Bump the up their WS & I and give them a special rules which lessens the damage they suffer by crumbling, maybe all wounds caused by crumbling halved?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Hmm. Not sold on a save vs. crumbling (that was obviously and purposely removed for a reason). Though, some special rule that helped might be okay.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Hmmm, what about the following:

Skeleton at Arms

A skeleton unit may be upgraded to a Skeleton at Arms for +2pts per model. Each skeleton gains +1WS & +1I. They may also choose to purchase the following equipment:

Halberds +1pt per model.

Finally, when working out ranks for Steadfast, they count as having double the amount of ranks they actually do.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd say limited... one upgraded unit per one regular unit of skeletons. I'd probably be okay without a limit except for the steadfast enhancement... imo, a restriction is required.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Sounds good. Can you do the wording for the rule Bishop, you tend to be better than me at making sure the wording is crystal clear and can't be twisted etc. xD

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
LOL... that's my 20+ yrs of gaming. Being a GM/ST for a long time helps a lot as well.

Will work on it. How's this:

Skeletal Veterans -10 pts/model (Other suggested name: Skeleton at Arms, any other ideas?)

Stat line - (no book handy, atm – basic Skeleton stats with +1WS and +1I)
Unit Size – (as per Skeleton Warriors)

Options:
Normal Skeleton Warrior options as well as the following option:
Halberds +1pt per model

The number of Skeletal Veteran units can not exceed the number of Skeleton Warrior units.

Special Rules:
As per Skeleton Warriors
Hardened Warriors

Hardened Warriors:
<insert fluff>
Skeletal Veteran units gain double their normal rank bonus for purposes of determining if Steadfast applies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
That's great, will update it into the first post.

Looking at what they have left I think the army list looks a lot better now.

Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.