• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Marius (VC) Vs Voidwright (VC) 1500pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 Die.

9 (charging, standard, 7 kills), Vs 8 (+3 ranks, Standard, 4 wounds)

Your unit suffers 1 crumble wound/death.

It's supposed to happen at the end of the CC phase, but I'm likely to forget so whilst we're here - The Hunger - Basil regains a wound on a 6.

Guess Claus and Z1 against your Necro & Skellies is next.

Claus & Z1 have ASF from the Cart & re-rolls from the miscast VDM.

Claus will issue a challenge, so I'll roll for the zombies first - they'll all be attacking the unit.

13 attacks needing 4+ and 4+

Oooh... 3 saves. I'll roll my skeletons' attacks now, but your necro is still first. I've got 22 attacks going into your unit (7 files, 1 champ as I recall). 3s to hit and 4s to wound, if I recall.

Alrighty... as it stands, not counting your lord's attacks, CR is...

You:
3 = 1 standard, 2 ranks, 0 wounds
Me:
11 = 1 standard, 3 ranks, 7 wounds

Huh... I just realized I wouldn't have gotten regen saves against your skeleton unit. I'd forgotten they have the flaming banner on them.

Voidwright said:
Huh... I just realized I wouldn't have gotten regen saves against your skeleton unit. I'd forgotten they have the flaming banner on them.
Yep. To be fair, your unit's got no chance of winning that particular scrap whilst Basil's involved in it.

Ouch... Regens are gimped and the engine takes a wound. Declaration of charges - the grave guard are charging your skeletons. Rolling dangerous terrain for two graveguard and the general (right).

No failures there. They're three inches or so away, so rolling is irrelevant. Second charge, the mortis engine is charging the unit with Basil.

It makes it. I think I was supposed to roll a third and drop the lowest, but I've already cleared the distance. I have no other moves. Heading into the winds of magic phase...

Rolling channels... also, here's the updated map. It looks like the necromancer is just out of reach for the actual ruins portion of the arcane ruins terrain feature, so it looks like no special rolls there.

Well, prior to your channel, I'm at 12, and you're at 5. I smell another miscast in the near future...

My spell choice will not depend on your channels. I'll throw 4 into IoN, 12" version.

Well, I'm not sure if I just called it or I cursed myself. The ME is healed back to full... Rolls will be for western skeletons, then gg, then eastern skels.

Magical feedback. d6 hit on all of my spellcasters - General (left, 3+ to wound), necro ((right, 2+ to wound), then power dice lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.