• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
This thing just looks more and more lovely for each update. Great use of that old 'bat swarm' bat.

Can't wait to see it all painted up ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Mad 'At thanks :] I really appreciate your feedback! Atm there's a point of "what is still missing and possible?". I think the "boat" still lacks of some filigree details, to make it a bit less bulky. Of course the banshees are still missing, but the middle part is much to empty. Some kind of balustrade or railing maybe. But still not sure if and how to build that :/

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Hey there, wie geht's? ;) I see you have been keeping yourself busy lately.

This thing is really going on nicely, the ghostly horde looks especially awesome (as far as I can see on the rather small picture), and the idea with using both sides of the ZD head so far apart is wonderful! Also, good job on the organs - I was a little surprised, seeing how you did it - i think I would use some brass rods for it, but this is also very nice.

I agree that the top part could use some additional detail - I thought about some railings before I read your own comment about it ;) I think drilling some holes and putting some spears there - and then maybe joining them together with some GS rope would do the trick nicely. I also think that adding some hanging chains or other stuff to the sides of the boat, especially near the back would improve the flowy-speed composition of the model. You know, something like the coven thrones has with the curtain and dresses, only not necessary with fabric, but chains, weapons, bones or whatever. Just throwing some ideas :P

And as a little side comment - I haven't been here lately, how are you people here with the rumors about round bases? Building such elaborate constructions only to read later that they should be rebased - I am really not looking forward to round bases in WH and I am interested how do you feel here about it.

PS. Thanks for the comment in the other thread - its nice to read that I am missed here ;) Maybe someday I will post some fun stuff again.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Wohoo! Having you back is a great thing after a very short and unsatisfying weekend! Thanks for the comments, your ideas match with mine, chains and spears are already laying here ;)

Round bases...Puah, I think the wohl whfb is changing with the upcoming edition. While I think it's a "ok" thing to bring fantasy a little more in the direction of 40k, I don't like the idea of melting armies together and reduce the variability of gaming. They have to change something in Fantasy, because, and that's only one reason, the lack of updating the army books and army rules is a no go. But I'll wait for the edition to come before I allow myself to criticize too much. May come what there will come. In the worst case me and my friends will stick to the 8th edition and keep up with the 9th very slow.

It's so nice you're back! How did moving and job finding go?

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
These are good ideas so it's only natural they match xD

In my opinion the merging of the armies isn't so bad as long as they keep the units - and thus making the army lists wide, diverse and open to many interesting conversions/combos. I am only afraid that it isn't very much in line with the simplifying theme that's so prevalent lately. The wait is killing me and I would like to finally know what they will do. Worst case I will also stay back in the 8th edition...

And about the moving - lately I am constantly moving, but the next one is probably the last one for a long time. Looking for an apartment in Berlin is hell :mad: But we will have a new place and there I will definitely set up some workshop for painting/converting. Job searching also wasn't so easy, but I managed to find something temporary to keep me occupied while I learn the language xD

And how it's with you? I remember, you were moving to east Germany, right? How's that? :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
I moved to a very small city in Thuringia...very, very small:( exept for working there isn't much to do here but jogging, playing PC games and keeping Warhammer projects alive. The people here aren't easy to handle, racism e.g. is still a big thing here. There aren't more idiots here, but the ones that are there take the scene.and look more self-evidently than elsewhere I know.

I think as soon as my girlfriend is done with her master thesis, we'll move together, hopefully back to the cologne area.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Well, small cities are usually like that all around the world. I wish you patience and endurance then ;)

Oh, and BTW - I see you managed to get to the True Blood status, congrats xD

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen I know the feeling, man. Been living in small cities in China for 6 years and there's a lot of that over here too. I think it's everywhere, you only notice it when you're a foreigner. o_o Best to just ignore it.

Looking forward to seeing how your ME has worked out!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Farmer7574 Yep, many people are like "I don't have a problem with strangers, but some strangers don't come from here" (Dieter Nuhr, great german comedian).

Dammit, I took pics but didn't manage to post them here. I promise them by Saturday at the latest.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Here they are, as promised. I hope for comments and suggestions guys ;)

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202047_zpscykcgtah.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202112_zpsccudbr9i.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202120_zpsxlonl45p.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202135_zpszulrc76b.jpg

Upcoming skullworms :D

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202147_zpsivdro1rj.jpg

And a tower I'm working on (for much too long..)

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150617_202212_zpsju1fdcyn.jpg

With "base" plate

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150620_222751_zps2sb60im5.jpg +

Let me think what you know! ...or something like that xD

Reactions: Farmer7574

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen The skeleton banners flying around at the back and the lanterns are all nice touches.

I like your pointy fence you've got going on too, although I'm not sure if I would have put all the spears vertical or did what you've done... I think both would look good.

Those skull worms are cool. Are they going to be attached on/around your ME instead of banshees?

Nice work so far.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Farmer7574 Thanks man. I attached the "diagonal" diagonally spears first, long before the upcoming fence. I like the "twisted" look that the two combined make. The whole thing is a try to combine the (in original meaning) soothing, comforting spirit of an organ with the twisted perversion of undead "living" creations ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Shadespyre Thanks! But is reaching the bottom of the bitzbox even possible? ;)

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_170943_zpskmbvd26e.jpg

And your great army finally managed to rally for a group shot, that's awesome! Lahmian marionettes, only difference to those alive, is they don't longer believe that they own a free will ;) :vampire3:

That shot got me the kick in the nuts to finally show off what I have assembled over the years (finished, except two shown here)

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_171120_zps3voyzizw.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_171138_zps3tmvdwjp.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_171155_zpswv5swtvt.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_171222_zpsoyxkmsqp.jpg

I know the pics are crappy, but I don't own a good camera for pics that detailed :(

And, tower update:

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_20150621_021908_zpsrvepl57e.jpg

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Loving the details on the ME. The cloth coming out from between the organ pipes in the back look really cool.

Nice army shoot too. Lots of good stuff in there that I had half forgotten about. Like that insane tyranid varghulf thing XD

Good to finally see the tower. What is it made from? The stonework looks very good. I'm liking the use of shields too.

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Mad 'At Once again, thank you! The tower is made from..puah, how to explain that...foam-presentation-walls. Boards of this stuff have double sided adhesive foil on one side, and are about 1 centimeter thick. Then pictures can be attached to the foil, for marketing, presentation and stuff. If you completely remove the adhesive foil, including the support paper material, you have big foam plates left that are really easy to work with. Cutting the stone surface is annoying at one point, but pays in the end. Only thing I ain't happy with are the edges, didn't work on them very cleanly. But next time I will, that tower was my first "complete" building, including a base plate. So, room for improvements ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Argh, looking at your ME makes me want to build my own so much! If only I had the things to work with and on ;) Sweet stuff, now it looks much more dynamic and not so 'naked' on the 'boat' itself. I wonder how will these skull-things look on this. Only thing, I would make this worms tails a little more jagged and 'not-so-straight' - but that's a loose idea, I don't know, maybe the straight ones would look 'quicker'? Nontheless, I am waiting for more progress.

Tower is also going on nicely - I wouldn't notice that you did the ornaments with shield if not Mad 'At's remark about them ;)

And the bit box - :| whoa! How much I would like to own something like this xD Nice army collection, even though they are a little crowded up there ;) I actually looked through your plog to see this black coach up closer, but didn't find it. I missed it or did you somehow duck out of posting photos of it? Also, BTW - I noticed this nice wight model on the first photo on the 5th page - you did something with it since then?

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Argh, looking at your ME makes me want to build my own so much!
Don't you dare! Not another thing you do better than me! :D ...although I'd friggin love to see your take on a scratch ME ;) Even more to ...resteal... some ideas of yours when I maybe will go for a coven throne ;)

The skullies will be the banshee equivalent on the ME, I think a giant doom organ is worth a screaming attack without lamenting and howling witch ghosts ;) And yeah you're right, the will be "bended" more, and get some cloudy-ghost-flaming-texture, the first green stuff layer was to give a base for further modelling.

The coach...damn, you're right, the pics have been deleted or moved or the link's has broken or so...I wasn't sure to have them posted here, but in the "show us" thread, and there were gone. So here it is. Thanks for flagging.

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_Vampire_20Counts_P1020161_zps9e092d22.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_Vampire_20Counts_P1020159_zps11d874db.jpg

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_Vampire_20Counts_P1020156_zps0f2894c5.jpg

The wight meanwhile has some paint, but not so much and not so satisfying to get a better pic than the groupshot ;)

ai1353.photobucket.com_albums_q673_Theerteen_Vampire_20Counts_20150321_183654_zpsfsd6wn7j.jpg

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Glad you've got lots left to work with. I have tons of bits spread all over, I need to get more organised like you have.

Great to see all your models together - very jealous of your glass cabinets, too.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Don't you dare! Not another thing you do better than me! :D ...although I'd friggin love to see your take on a scratch ME ;) Even more to ...resteal... some ideas of yours when I maybe will go for a coven throne ;)

I have two MEs in mind - lot's of things to resteal from ;) Maybe I will sit someday and sketch my ideas for them, it may be a valid reason to bump my own plog here xD

The coach is sweet! That's surely a lot of fire :) Good that I asked for some bigger pictures, for surely it was worth it.

The wight is also nice, OFC :) It's a shame that it was never determined what manufacturer did the model. Or was it?

And the skullworms - right, I should have known that it's natural to do such things in two takes. Then, I am waiting patiently for the results ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thank you very much guys, really made my day to have such feedback :cheers:
@Shadespyre Those boxes are so extremely helpful..I have organized the bitz in the cases with "heads", "single bodyparts", "right arms with weapons", "ra without weapons", left arms" (they're so rare, no further splitting required ;) ) , "weapon parts" (all the stuff that's left when you need arms withouth weapons :D ), "minions" (bats, spiders, snotlings and so on), "tools" (tombstones,coffins,...), "creature parts 1 & 2" (all kinds of beast, monster and ogre-like stuff), "banners" and "trophys" (spiked heads, everything that you would carry to battle just to look badass), and "applications" (everything you put on your armor for more shelter, usage and of course badassery). Interesting side fact, as soon as you look for single bitz, at some point you have to repack all cases...but it really helps to have an overlook and see what you have left to use at a project.

@Borgnine Unfortunately I still don't have a clue where it's from. I sketched my versions of the ME too, but in the end, it was mostly improvising..so the coven throne will be more organized ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu