• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Warhammer: Nagash - 2 hardback books in a slip case. €65

Book 1: 296 page fluff book detailing the return of Nagash and events that affect every Warhammer race.

Book 2: 96 page book containing rules for Nagash, new miniatures, the Lore of Undeath, Undead Legion, fighting underground and more apparently.

So its more something in line with the Sanctus Reach book for 40k or the Forgeworld Imperial Armour or Tamurkhan books than specifically being an army book.

edit: also apparently the rules for Nagash also come in the box with Nagash, so no complaining of "Oh no! they are forcing us to buy another book to use Nagash" please.

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
@Sanai HYPE! Someone hurry up and leak the new magic lore, and minis!
Very curious about the two "geists".

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
So its more something in line with the Sanctus Reach book for 40k or the Forgeworld Imperial Armour or Tamurkhan books than specifically being an army book.

Which actually sounds kind of awesome to me. More so than a new army book would be, even, as I'm not exactly (or at all) discontent with the existing vampire counts book. I mean, a new army book would promise longevity, where as a campaign list will likely only be legal for the duration of the edition in which it appears (and maybe one more, if 9e is as close as some have speculated), but even so, this book sounds great, I'm super excited.

edit: apparently the rules for Nagash also come in the box with Nagash, so no complaining of "Oh no! they are forcing us to buy another book to use Nagash" please.

A nice touch as well, though I have to wonder if the 'lore of undeath' will appear there as well. Without that a few of his rules will be unusable.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
@Sanai HYPE! Someone hurry up and leak the new magic lore, and minis!
Very curious about the two "geists".

As am I. I am also curious to see if they package the rules for the Gheists and Neffy with the boxes like they are doing for Nagash.

edit: the new lore they are releasing magic cards for, so you could probably just buy Nagash & the magic cards and be able to use him.

Though why anyone would not want to buy the campaign book (it sounds awesome) is beyond me.

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
Was going to be ordering some stuff this week but guess i will be saving up to splash out on the preorders. New gheists sounds awesome and neffy will be a must for anybody fielding a female vampire. which is almost everybody... whilst Im not insanely over the moon at the aesthetic of the New nagash model, i Will still be getting it (could double up as necrofex colossus) and am still totally psyched for all the New unread releases. GW pulled a blindside on this one. Was expecting New brets/beastmen. Still want updated brets minis as Im taking some knights to fit my swane blood knights.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
So, someone has posted spoilers for the new fluff around Nagash, the Time of Ending and even Archaeon.

Kislev is gone. Archaeon has made it into a wasteland. He was in the process of invading the Empire when Nagash sent Vlad to halt Archaeons invasion. Yes, he did say Vlad. Not Mannfred, Vlad. Sounds like Vlad is back. Meanwhile, Nagash goes on a campaign to unite all of the VC & Tomb Kings under his banner- by force. One scenario is called "The fall of Settra"

So it looks like people have gotten what they asked for- people were complaining that the timeline hasn't been advancing... and now its advanced. Some people may be discontent about the losses and the changes to the state of the world, but a lot of it makes sense.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
So, someone has posted spoilers for the new fluff around Nagash, the Time of Ending and even Archaeon.

Kislev is gone. Archaeon has made it into a wasteland. He was in the process of invading the Empire when Nagash sent Vlad to halt Archaeons invasion. Yes, he did say Vlad. Not Mannfred, Vlad. Sounds like Vlad is back. Meanwhile, Nagash goes on a campaign to unite all of the VC & Tomb Kings under his banner- by force. One scenario is called "The fall of Settra"

So it looks like people have gotten what they asked for- people were complaining that the timeline hasn't been advancing... and now its advanced. Some people may be discontent about the losses and the changes to the state of the world, but a lot of it makes sense.

I am very happy now. Some stuff is happening, some conflicts resolved, with actual consequences.

Sanguinus

Ghoul
Nov 21, 2013
Nagash sent Vlad to halt Archaeons invasion. Yes, he did say Vlad. Not Mannfred, Vlad. Sounds like Vlad is back.
This bit has me all a flutter.

I wonder if GW will
go back on themselves and finally reveal officially that Vlad is Vashanesh.

Atrophus

Grave Guard
Feb 14, 2014
Looks like GW are finally making a positive move, instead of stagnating :) and sounds pretty good so far, not too drastic, but enough to keep the timeline going and open up some new fluff and new possibilities.
So stoked for this :) :)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I was reading this over the weekend.....and I was so happy I was too overcome to reply until today :'(

They brought Nagash back as I would have wanted! And for you GW, I will finally now come back into your store and buy your goods! I will also be buying the rumoured fluff and army books.

I really like the model personally and for those who are still not clear, gather around and listen to your uncle DoN (this is a bit of a mash of previous fluff and novels):

• Nagash did start off human sized. He was a priest and then learned how to use magic from captured Dark Elves. He also created an Elixir which gave him immortality and enhanced his powers.
  • Long story short - he tried to take over Nehekhara and was defeated by the combined might of the other city states.
  • He then wanders and discovers the Cripple Peak, which as a massive core of warpstone (meteorite)
  • Over the next many years he enslaves a local primitive population (who devolve into Ghouls as they begin to eat human flesh in honour of Nagash), and mines the warpstone. He begins to consume this with black lotus leaf to enhance his arcane abilities and refine what will later become what is known as Necromancy.
  • Skaven try to attack and take the warpstone, and the war rages on for years. In the end Nagash and the Skaven reach an agreement. He gives them a good supply of warpstone, they deliver captives of humans, orcs etc.
  • What the Skaven don't realise is that Nagash is literally sacrificing all of the captives and consuming their souls for power. It is during this time and the mixture of constant magic use, eating warpstone, black lotus and souls that massively transforms his body. He grows to around 16th foot, and what was left of his organs / skin etc pretty much burns away. Nagash finds some gromril and forges his armour which is becomes part of his body.
  • At the height of his power he unleashes a plague that kills everything in Nehekhara bar the king (apparently this was intentional....first targeted biological weapon!). He then prepares to cast his uber spell that will raise everything in Nehekhahra - bearing in mind this is billions of dead over thousands of years.
  • The Council of Thirteen catch on and promptly crap themselves as they realise that Nagash will likely not forget the previous wars. However they know that their combined powers are no where near enough to take on Nagash - he has literally become god-like in his power. So they forge the Fellblade specifically to kill him, and infiltrate Nagashizzar to give it to the Nehekharan King who lived - Nagash let him live so he could gloat :rolleyes:
  • In the end Nagash was successful, he actually managed to cast his spell which not only succeeded in raising the Tomb Kings, but also raised the dead all over the world, hence there are still many places that the dead wander without direct raising.
  • After casting Nagash was pretty much in a coma from the effort, and the King (who was said to be the strongest warrior-king in Nehekhara's history) crept in to attack. Nagash did manage to summon enough power to cast but remotely the Council of Thirteen deflected the attack though it killed some in the backlash. This was enough however for the Fellblade to strike home and kill Nagash for the first time.
Now just to drive home the point :tongue:, it took to kill Nagash:
  • Nagash in an almost comatosed state, having just raised all of Nehekhara and undead all over the world
  • The deadliest weapon in existence
  • The combined arcane might of the Council of Thirteen, each who are said to be immensely potent mages, to deflect a spell from the weakened Nagash, and even then the backlash killed some of them
  • The strongest warrior-king to have existed in Nehekhara
When Nagash came back he was described as a "shade of his former strength" due to the regeneration process, and having lost his claw and crown. However this "shade" was also said to be just about equal in combat to Sigmar and was only just stopped by him (and gave him a wound he never recovered from).

The current iteration, is said to be even weaker than that........which makes you realise that if you look at what he can currently do, how powerful Nagash has the potential to be if he manages to regain his full strength.

SO SAYS THE DISCIPLE OF NAGASH.......BOW DOWN TO THE RETURN OF OUR DARK LORD! GLORY IN HIS MAGNIFICENCE!!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Cheers for the link @Adam_Barrow - I live the model. I just said to the missus "I don't care if it is £60, I've got to have it" xd - I am even contemplating the special edition case for the fluff and rules.......godammit GW! You have got me masterfully hooked this time......

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
Wow. Oh Wow. THose special characters. THose freaking special characters. All of them look insane, although Nagash and Neffy suffer a bit from silly hat syndrome. I wonder if they'll be multikits that can be used as standard lord characters... The Morghasts look like another Hammer unit! Yaaaay! Although their aesthetic wouldn't quite fit in with my army... New spirit hosts look awesome. I'm more inclined to get Manny and Neffy than Nagash and Arkhan.

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
YES! Not to long until we get to see the new models!!! And the Lore of Undeath is hopefully available faster than expected. Hoping for spoiler pictures a week in advance.

@Disciple of Nagash The story I've read is different on a few key details. Is that possibly GW changing fluff as they re-write stuff? I read that when the united cities marched on Nagash he responded by raising skeletons, which caused mass hysteria and rebellions from his own garrison troops. Meaning that when he made the elixir of life he could already manipulate the dead.

EDIT: Borgnine!! Thank youuuu!!! Some of the new models are awesome, but they mounts look a bit.. 40k-ish..? I need a closer look at those.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Also, for one it's nice to have an army that's actually updated from with such goodies. Go undead!

Skull pinatas are kinda peculiar, but Nagash in all his glory is super awesome. His price is a bit 'ouch' though

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
I'm reading the Rise of Nagash trilogy at the moment. Its chronology jumps around so I can't really tell at the moment. But manipulating souls through pain is the first thing he learns from the Druchii.

At closer look the Manny, Arkhan and Neffy models look like they might all be part of a single kit, their steeds look pretty similar. Arkhan would make a reasonable mounted White King.

It is all very Nehekharan though... straying from the Gothic VC a little bit too much to keep the aesthetic with my army. Manny might be getting used as a Lord model though. I'm blabbering now, just shut up Banat.

crimsonsun

Skeleton
Feb 23, 2014
kent UK
Wow all those pictures are drool! My god even the sodding spirit host looks unbelievable and Nagash looks SOOO much better now... Also £50 for the book is not bad at all when you consider its 296pages and 100 pages in full colour!

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
Arkhan is actually my favorite model of the bunch. Just one thing though.. He is called THE BLACK because his skeleton got charred black from his spell, no? ...

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
Arkhan is actually my favorite model of the bunch. Just one thing though.. He is called THE BLACK because his skeleton got charred black from his spell, no? ...

In the novels his epithet comes from his black teeth which have been chizzles to fangs. He has the epithet even before Nagash is introduced to him.

Sanguinus

Ghoul
Nov 21, 2013
Of all the new models, it's the spirit hosts I'm looking forward to most. The others feel like the designers tried to hard to make them "epic".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu