• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 25.02. - Go Go Gadget Greatsword Grave Guard!

Greatsword one. Awesome head (empire banner top?) and awesome pose :thumbsup:

Nice Fell Bats too, lovely figures.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 25.02. - Go Go Gadget Greatsword Grave Guard!

One vote for the Skaven mod. That dude looks ready to eff up everything.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

Thanks. :cheers:

Santawraith said:
Love the new recruits sir, sadly riekland will miss there fallen hero's but that is the price one sometimes pays.

They should have learned by now that burning corpses is the best option. :zombie3:

Mad said:
Greatsword one. Awesome head (empire banner top?) and awesome pose :thumbsup:

Yeah, banner top from the Empire Knights box. It's a great bit, the expression perfectly fits the overall feel of the pose.
Considering giving him a cloak as well...but don't have a suitable one at the moment anyway. =P

Mad said:
Nice Fell Bats too, lovely figures.

Indeed. Wish Avatars of War had more in undead range, their stuff is great.

Adam_Barrow said:
One vote for the Skaven mod. That dude looks ready to eff up everything.

Gonna try to make him a removable part of a bigger unit filler and use him as I please depending on the situatuion. ;)

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

My workspace while working on this:

Raven Torrid said:
About to start removing merged rider legs from HE Dragon Princes horses, to use the horses for the Black Coach. Oh joy.

Fun fun.

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_DSC05895_resize_zps0ec3894c.jpg

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

I have never been a big fan of VC Dire Wolves but I have some used ones that I got in an army deal. Recently I ordered 10 Fenrisian Wolves to use as Dire Wolves,
so I'm finding other uses for the current ones and their parts. A few of their heads look decent enough on their own so I'm making undead Werewolves with those.

This one is a combination of Bysra the Black Shaman from Rackham's Confrontaion, a Dire Wolf head and Crypt Horror arms.

Also, it's a homage to this Monster in my Pocket mini. :)

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_mimp003olva_zps8c47ab40.jpg

Here he is:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Front_back_zps8d7c4820.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Right_left_zpse5de4a74.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Fur_zpsbacfc0f2.jpg

Will be using it either as a Crypt Horror or Zombie unit filler, depending on the situation.

Still not entirely sure about the GS fur, but I don't know better. Thoughts?

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 16, 2012
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 05.04. - Undead Werewolf

Monsters in my Pocket! That is pretty legit!

The fur looks well, perfect as far as I'm concerned. Unless you were asking if it's weird to have a Beard/Mane when the rest of the body is otherwise lacking fur.. Which might be weird. I'm not sure which you meant, but if you were asking about the lack of fur on the rest, it looks like you'd be able to put some on the shoulder/forearms and have it look plenty good. :pumpkin:

My only beef is the holes in his head with his otherwise normal exterior. Maybe you should add "Battle Damage" on him somehow? Bone stickin' out of somewhere (Ribs?) or like, cut a chunk out to show muscle/bone/organs or some-such? I dunno, I feel like it is a bit odd to have just the head look so decayed though, but that's just an opinion. It looks great besides!

:ghost:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

Tawg said:
Monsters in my Pocket! That is pretty legit!

The fur looks well, perfect as far as I'm concerned. Unless you were asking if it's weird to have a Beard/Mane when the rest of the body is otherwise lacking fur.. Which might be weird. I'm not sure which you meant, but if you were asking about the lack of fur on the rest, it looks like you'd be able to put some on the shoulder/forearms and have it look plenty good. :pumpkin:

I meant sculpt/shape wise. ;) First attempt ended with him having a big neckbeard (just below the hole in the jaw) which didn't really look good, so I removed that and positioned the fur somewhat lower.
Used these as a reference for the 2nd attempt:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_WolfenHunters_zps0a07ff34.jpg

Also if you look at them you can see they only have fur on heads/necks. That's the look of Confrontation Wolfen - when I was first introduced to them, the lack of fur bugged me as well but it kinda grew on me over time.

Tawg said:
My only beef is the holes in his head with his otherwise normal exterior. Maybe you should add "Battle Damage" on him somehow? Bone stickin' out of somewhere (Ribs?) or like, cut a chunk out to show muscle/bone/organs or some-such? I dunno, I feel like it is a bit odd to have just the head look so decayed though, but that's just an opinion. It looks great besides!

:ghost:

Yeah, it's a valid point, I thought about it too, but decided to suspend some disbelief here.
It's a great sculpt, with lots of details already, and I fear I couldn't do it justice by adding anything (maybe some stitches on the back). :zombie: Probably best to leave it as it is, and try to paint it to look dead.
Funny enough, there was a bone sticking out of his muscle (Crypt Horror arm), but I removed that because I dislike it, aesthetic-wise. =P

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it! Glad you like it. :thumbsup:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

Here is the 2nd undead werewolf, made out of DE Clawed Fiend body and Dire Wolf head and tail. Same as with the last one, it will be used as a Crypt Horror.
It does have somewhat ape-ish looks, but almost anything can be explained as a devious creation of a demented Necrarch, right? :P After all, it has a 20-pack instead of a 6-pack.

Onto the conversion. First I had to remove the head...was tricky, but patience and metal saw did the trick. The head will be used as a trophy for one of my Thousand Sons lords probably. Pinned the head and tail to the body and did some greenstuffing. The shape and looks of Clawed Fiend and Dire Wolves fur fit each other nicely already so wasn't much work.

Think it's pretty much finished, maybe some GS touching up if I feel like it (probably not).

P.S. I find my lack of 40mm square bases disturbing. :ghost:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_ClawedFiend_resize_zps46cc9cec.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_WerewolfB1_resize_zps412d4cb6.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_WerewolfB2_resize_zps23f8bd7a.jpg

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 20.04. - 2nd Undead Werewolf

I never thought the new direwolves head would looks cool on that thing, now I know. That thing is great :thumbsup:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

Thanks Mad, appreciate it! Yeah, as I said, not too fond of the Dire Wolves, probably cause of the body/head disproportion. On the bigger beasts however, they fit quite nicely. :)

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010

Stuning work my frind, especially love that abyssal terror the word ginius comes to mind.

keep it up.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

A long time since I last posted in my plog, it's been a busy year. And what better occasion for a comeback than the TWD Christmas Challenge. :D

I'm really happy with how it turned out so far, it is a very very fun project. :clown:

It's my own version of a Santawraith kinda. The body is from the Bretonnian Command, with the excess straps, shield and knife removed. Old Skeleton head for a laughing effect, and Grave Guard hands. The rest is green stuff. Just one of those times when your bitzbox has exactly what you need. :)

Here are the WIP shots, I finished the converting part today so onto painting in the following days:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Front_back_resize_zps887c2381.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Left_Right_resize_zps58f994f1.jpg

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Angle_resize_zps5e4fc83a.jpg

And here is the Santa's little gingerbread helper:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_GingerbreadHelper_zpsd65b4d22.jpg

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 23.12. - WIP Santa - Ho ho ho!

Hahaha :D

Super cool, I love it. Fantastic idea and great green stuffing. Looking forward to see some paint on him.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 23.12. - WIP Santa - Ho ho ho!

Little gingerbread boy is awesome, love it xD But it makes me sad that I had to cancel my own entry due to the dumb fact that I forgot it at my study place... :( Best of luck to you :thumbsup:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 24.12. - Finished Santa - Ho ho ho!

Sweet XD

Though the green background makes him look really odd. Also, the read cloth could have used some more shading. I like his eyes though.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland

I think that the green BG makes it more 'christmas-y' ;] good one there with the conversion!

Also - the apewolfthing is simply awesome! That's surely an idea worth considering!

con-fusion

Grave Guard
May 17, 2012

Great Santa. The cookie takes the cake. :)

vegabond

Zombie
Oct 20, 2013
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 24.02. - Fell Batgirls

Raven Torrid said:
I now have three different Grave Guard champions. Which one do you like the most? =P

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Trio_zps7fc5f950.jpg

I like the top one of the three Graveguard......i only ask me which skaven miniature had you use for it?

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN

He's the Warlord from Island of Blood, and he's still my favorite of the three as well.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia

Thanks everyone. =)
Aye, what Adam said. This guy: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1340664a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels2_873x627.jpg

Been working on my entry for "Krell's Children" Challenge, so here's a small tease:

ai1340.photobucket.com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_DSC06496_zps1fd6bc93.jpg

A Chaos Warrior shield obviously. Removed the chaos star, added the edge and studs. The bat wing is an Oyumaru casting of the GG banner top. Not sure whether to add something else inside the shield or try to go with a freehand. Think it'll be freehand tho, don't wanna make it too cluttered.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 07.01. - WoC Wight King WIP

Here's a bit more progress. All Chaos Warriors that I posses are assembled 2nd hand models...disassembling them is a major hassle. But I had a devastated cloak (and legs) from a former project so managed to salvage it. Pinned it back together and repositioned it in a bit more dynamic pose:

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Cloak_zpsaa96f5c7_jpg_original_.jpg
And a comparison shot:

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Comparison_zps19e8f858_jpg_original_.jpg

Due to the fact that I used the torso that went with that cloak before already, I had no free torsos, so I used a CSM instead, and tried to make it look a bit more VC and medieval:

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Torso_zps8c9efa63_jpg_original_.jpg

Hope to start assembling it in the following days.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
RE: Raven's Nest O' Bones - Update 16.01. - Wight King & 3rd Undead Werewolf

Finished the converting of the Wight King:

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Front_Back_resize_zps4c4df732_jpg_original_.jpg

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Left_Right_resize_zpsd2a520c0_jpg_original_.jpg

Both hands and the head are removable and exchangeable - enables a wide choice of weapons as well as a banner when I make one. Can also use him as a Vampire, with a simple head swap.

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Variatons_zps4676d0ab_jpg_original_.jpg

Also, I managed to get my hands on Rackham's Onyx the Prowler (link), and made another undead Werewolf to be used as a Crypt Horror:

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Werewolf_zpse1b4a544_jpg_original_.jpg

And here's both of them, about to clash. :)

ai1340_photobucket_com_albums_o733_RTWH0717_Clash_zps8c38fd33_jpg_original_.jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu