• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Thinking about switching over to Ossiarch Bonereapers, I just can't bring myself to finish putting together my Grave Guard.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
The other day I was a bit overwhelmed when I checked how many hobby boxes I have amassed and haven't even started assembling yet (and that's like only 10% of it, most is back in my hometown).
In my overall pile of shame (so, including stuff in hometown) I have counted 20 different pending armies/teams/projects in 9 different game systems (not only restricted to GW). Apparently, it's easier to buy stuff than to finish them.

When I was younger I was much more active regarding the hobby but lately it's been more on and off than I'd like. I get too easily distracted by things that are more consuming oriented, at the expense of those that are productive.
As both painting miniatures and 3D Modelling (and an amalgam of both) is something I hope I can make a living off someday, I really need to up the game in being consistent and dedicated to learning both.

A few months ago I was talking to my friend about my lack of consistency and he sent me this video and suggested to check out the book too. I have now decided to read the book and apply it to improve my skillset learning habits.
One of the points of it is to share your goals with people, especially those that share the same interests - to gain a feel of social pressure and accountability to stick to the plan. So here I am, proclaiming my plans to get better at finishing my started projects and improving my overall productivity. I will keep track of my hobby progress here as well, in my plog or in our So, what's everyone working on? thread on a weekly or biweekly basis (not to spam too much).

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Finally have some time to read Layard tomorrow and start taking notes, figure I'll wake up early and hit it with some hot oatmeal and coffee, before people start wanting my attention.

Reactions: The Sun King

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu