• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Fantastic work 😁 The Sun King - that blue on your Nighthaunt is beautiful. How did you do it? I feel a tutorial coming on!

Excellent choice on purple for Heinrich TMS, I did similar in the past. One of my favourite old models - but he didn't play well? Must have some performance anxiety or something, first time out and and that 😉

Raven Torrid - that looks amazing 😳 very much look forward to seeing the finished product!

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
I just picked up my copy of Dominion from the FLGS. Already love the Annihilators, what absolute chonkers

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Disciple of Nagash, well I didn't have Krell finished so of course Henry was a little lonely!

Anyway, been looking around for a second army and think I'm going with lizardmen. Here's a first group of skinks.

20210704_170947.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Anyway, been looking around for a second army and think I'm going with lizardmen. Here's a first group of skinks.
What made you go with Lizzies TMS? Your little skinks look ace! You know what this calls for right? Lizzie Painting Log! 😁

Some progress on the "banner" part of the Medal:

CN Medals banner_tease.jpg
Whoa....that looks awesome!

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Disciple of Nagash, they're a cool army and they paint up quite nicely with drybrushing. Lately I've been having some doubts though, wavering between lizards and Bretonnia. I don't think there's a better pairing for VC on the shelf or table than the Brets!

Reactions: Raven Torrid

Varenberg

Zombie
Mar 15, 2012
Currently working on 20 skeletons with forge world banner... everything is allmost assembled & ready to paint

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
I'm actually working on recovery contents from Tomb Kings of Khemri forum, so my other projects are kinda slowing down.

But for models, I'm actually building a just for fun list of Tau auxillaries. Vespids, Kroot carnivores, imperial guards converted into fire warriors and so on.

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

Oppenheimer

Vargheist
May 26, 2013
It's not Death related but I'm assembling my husband's Slickblade seekers. After having just assembled the pushfit box of Dominion this is quite a challenge to switch back to glue. These models are also just hard to assemble. There's a few sections where you're attaching to the same bit, two arms, a paldron, a scarf around the neck and two legs, plus that has to have both wrists line up with a two handed weapon so you can't be off by even a little and then legs have to sit on the saddle properly so you can't have them off at all either 🤪 Mounted and two handed weapon wielders are the worst. It was so refreshing to be doing push fit.

20210725_133848.jpg

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Just did a re-basing, re-posing, and partial re-painting of some old minis I had. Here is a black and white photo (so your eye's are not insulted by my somewhat shoddy painting).
IMG_20210807_173628~4.jpg

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Working with my girlfriend on an Elfheim Eagles team for Blood Bowl. She is doing the base colours with contrast paints and I am adding higlights and details (eyes, gems...) with standard citadel and vallejo paints. She is just starting to paint so I'm really proud of how she's progressing. 😊

Here is her 2nd contrasted elf:

1629051418286.png 1629051477255.png

And here is the 1st, with my highlights and details on top of it:

IMG-20210815-WA0002.jpg IMG_20210815_173834.jpg IMG_20210815_173903.jpg IMG_20210815_173849.jpg

Must say I really like how the contrast as a base + detailing with standard paints approach is working.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Fantastic work 😁 The Sun King - that blue on your Nighthaunt is beautiful. How did you do it? I feel a tutorial coming on!

Excellent choice on purple for Heinrich TMS, I did similar in the past. One of my favourite old models - but he didn't play well? Must have some performance anxiety or something, first time out and and that 😉

Raven Torrid - that looks amazing 😳 very much look forward to seeing the finished product!
I would love to do some tutorials, but since I use an airbrush, I'm unsure how many people would benefit from it? Here's the recipe I made the blue ghost effect with:
  • First I primed them Chaos Black.
  • Then I built up a greyscale with vallejo dead white (air) and vallejo black (air).
  • Then I patiently built up a gradient with Vallejo Gol Light Blue → Temple Guard Blue → Stegadon Scale Green.
There is a lot of going back and forth between the colours to get a smooth transition, but I think I pumped out all the ghostly stuff in an hour or two for all the models shown.

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Currently working on some swamp zombies. I de-root & branched the new GW ones, making 23 from the sprue with some other bits kitbashed in, then bought 12 of the Black Tree Designs (Zombies of the Sweltering Swamps) to mix it up a bit more. I was hoping they would scale well and ... I think they did.

I have modelled them, lots of fiddly bits cut off the plastic GW ones and most of the polearm shafts replaced on the metal BTD ones as the originals were really weak and bendy.

Here are two pairs, to shpw how (I think) they fit well together ...

bacwoZY.jpg

Some of the metal polearms looked like they might survive handling ...

NOsR3d6.jpg

Whereas quite a few needed cutting off, the hands drilled and brass rods inserted. Just stick the original blades on the end and wa la!

Wk2aXqt.jpg

I love the weird long polearms, some sort of swamp beast fighting gear?

I reckon that when painted (and rebased) they will mix and match quite convincingly ...

QLqaa7E.jpg

LV1u6Nq.jpg

Just got 35 to spray, paint, dip, varnish and rebase. I think the acrylic paints and dip technique I have been trying recently (after 35+ years of enamel black lining) should work well on these ...

xeQIMZf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: The Sun King

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
Right now, I'm trying to wrap up my 300 models of lizardmen i had acquired. then onto an ulric themed empire army and zombie pirate themed addition to my 6th vc

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Currently working on some swamp zombies. I de-root & branched the new GW ones, making 23 from the sprue with some other bits kitbashed in, then bought 12 of the Black Tree Designs (Zombies of the Sweltering Swamps) to mix it up a bit more. I was hoping they would scale well and ... I think they did.

I have modelled them, lots of fiddly bits cut off the plastic GW ones and most of the polearm shafts replaced on the metal BTD ones as the originals were really weak and bendy.

Here are two pairs, to shpw how (I think) they fit well together ...

View attachment 61028

Some of the metal polearms looked like they might survive handling ...

View attachment 61029

Whereas quite a few needed cutting off, the hands drilled and brass rods inserted. Just stick the original blades on the end and wa la!

View attachment 61030

I love the weird long polearms, some sort of swamp beast fighting gear?

I reckon that when painted (and rebased) they will mix and match quite convincingly ...

View attachment 61031

View attachment 61032

Just got 35 to spray, paint, dip, varnish and rebase. I think the acrylic paints and dip technique I have been trying recently (after 35+ years of enamel black lining) should work well on these ...

View attachment 61033
Looks great! If they are from the swamp then why did you remove the branches?

padrissimus

Black Knight
Nov 10, 2007
Simple answer, your Solar Majesty ... I thought they looked silly! Or, more accurately, I much preferred the models without branches. I also wanted the the Black Tree ones to mix in well. And also, the swamp scenery I modeled is more like sinking sands and mires than tangled roots/branches.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Sun King

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu